PDA

View Full Version : Wat do YOU think is the best combination in the game???

uhoh
06-06-2005, 07:54
Im having trouble finding a good build.

Can any1 help me?

Rizzy
06-06-2005, 08:06
Necro Ranger

Pyro Gl
06-06-2005, 23:30
simple answer, whatever you like. there is not best class. everything has strengths and weaknesses. there are some good strategy guides at gwonline. pop into a strategy forum if you want to see what each class is about. everyone has their own style.

Hunt3r_kill4
07-06-2005, 01:09
simple answer, whatever you like. there is not best class. everything has strengths and weaknesses. there are some good strategy guides at gwonline. pop into a strategy forum if you want to see what each class is about. everyone has their own style.

Every class has their own weakness and strengths...

It just depends on your playing style, and how you can maximize the effectiveness of one build.

Mine would be....W/Mo or R/W

Seras Deschain
07-06-2005, 07:36
I personally like W/Mo and Ele/Mo myself the best.

cracka
07-06-2005, 13:28
There's no one best combination but I like to play Me/N. Dom Mesmer for anti caster/healer and curse necro for anti warrior/ranger. Then dump the rest of points into fast casting.
It does decent dmg and it keeps other people on the defensive.

Shaka Ali
09-06-2005, 01:47
There is no best combo. Some say their is and will write some detail page about how they are bad *** and get owned in the game. Everything has a counter.

Vexion
09-06-2005, 01:52
Be patient too. I took 3 builds to yak's bend before I realized they weren't for me. But W/Me is the best. ; )

ubrikkean
09-06-2005, 02:22
if it makes it easier, these are the base functions of each class:
elementalist: high damage (nuker)
ranger: slightly less damage but better armor, also runs well
warrior: tank, with decent damage-dealing
mesmer: can screw over most classes in various ways
necromancer: sacrifices itself for the party, plus some very useful abilities
monk: heal heal heal. can smite if necessary.

elementalist builds: e/mo is popular so it can nuke but still won't die so fast, any of the casting classes can add various decent bonus skills to it. wouldnt recommend e/w, e/r could work.

ranger builds: rangers can bond with pretty much any class and get some decent skills in, some people like r/n so they can have lots of pets, some like r/w so they can run away really really well.

warrior builds: w/mo is the standard tank-type build, it can take tons of damage, though w/e is much more versatile, since it can go for damage-dealing through ice, fire or water, or go for even better tanking than w/mo and use earth magic. energy management with any casting secondary is critical.

mesmer builds: good combination with necromancer to be anti-warrior, or with warrior to be anti-caster. with any of the others, its still a decent bond if you pick the right skills.

necromancer builds: can bond with any caster well and get a good mix of abilities. n/me is again a good anti-warrior. n/mo is also useful in order to heal when heath is sacrificed for a spell.

monk builds: should be able to bond with any caster, mo/e can involve some effective skills. more important for monks is the type of skills: protection, healing, or smiting.

note: if you want something where its easy to get into a group, choose monk.

I personally play a W/E, and its very fun and a nice build to play because it can be used for many purposes.

EDIT: er now that i reread the posts here, this might not be such a useful post... i dont wanna delete it though, so if you want just pay attention to the last sentence. maybe some noob will come along and see my glorious descriptions and find it useful