PDA

View Full Version : A happy little story of me using my mesmer to full potential

Shoitaan
06-06-2005, 21:08
I have no idea why people kept saying W/Mo's are overpowered. Apparently they can beat any class in the game...

Apparently there are too many primary/highschool kids playing MMO's... explains the World of Warcraft Forums... and general off these forums aswell.

Anyway, onto the story:

Just finished last of the story line missions, so I switch around a few skills and decide to 'test' my build in PvP by randomly grouping in the lions arch competition arenas...

Its me Mesmer/Necro (Note: I have no points in necro attributes and carry no necro skills - I love mesmer stuff to much XD), a monk, a ranger/elem, and I *think* a necro/ranger or... some other character that was half ranger half caster... dont recall...
vs
W/Mo (We shall call him AntsInPants... no thats not his name, I can't remember his name)
Monk/something
Mesmer/something
Ranger/something

So... battle starts, the stage is the Henge of Denravi stage... you know the one? the ruined fortress thing? kinda in a circle... anywho, I have mantra of persistence running (am I the only one that uses this gem? :D) as soon as theres 10secs to start

we collide, backfire the.. monk? I dont remember, this is not where the shows at

We have no tank and they have scary tank, so... their tank ran straight for our monk... little ol' me has no choice but to defend our monk..
-> Spirit Shackles (although I think I'm propably not gonna bother ever using this on a w/mo again)
-> Crippling.. uhh... something... damn.. the name escapes me... Anguish!!! Thats the one, cast Crippling Anguish to let the monk start running
-> Imaginary Burden
Remember, their all getting a 70% duration increase from my precious Mantra of Persistence
-> The monk was quickly throwing some spells on the other 2 before running and so I decided to Chaos Storm him, if only to rob him of as much energy as possible, although he propably lost less energy than me paying for the casting cost

All this finally got his attention...

So he starts chasing me.... A mesmer completely removed the tank from combat by kiting+attacking... took him to the other side of the arena...
But I couldnt' kill him! I didn't bring Shatter Enchantment... so... he would lose health *very* slowly... and then just heal himself if he got low enough.. damn game balance *spits*. Eventually my monk realises what the hell I'm doing and decides to keep me company throwing a few heals and staff blasts at the tank, the rangers doing fine with their ungent to stay healed...

for me an avg competition arena event thats not in the underworld stage lasts about 4minutes-5minutes... at about the 8 or 9 minute mark the warrior decides that he's sick of this bull**** and he leaves teh game XD
- Greatest victory ever, screw with someone enough to have em quit mid-battle... and no, I had him kited THE WHOLE MATCH... a better tank would have gone back to help his friends but he decided to give a futile chase...

at about the 11minute mark we wrapped up the match, predictebly the victory went to us...

Very few of you will propably be impressed by this but I still like my accomplishment. Feels good to harass palladins... and I still feel if I had bothered to pack my shatter hex I could have nailed him.. or atleast messed him up proper. The lowest I got his health was about 1/4th before he just healsig-ed himself... ahwell... it was funny to me cause I was the prancing-fool-bait... bleh, I've had my say ;)

Rizzy
06-06-2005, 21:27
... :/

okay... not bad i suppose...

I'm a Mes Warrior and heres my saga.

At lvl 14 I was at yaks bend, no illusionary weapon yet.

My team: 1 Monk, 2 Rangers, 1 Mesmer(me)

Other team : 1 Monk 2 Warriors 1 Ranger (now any Mes warriors would know that rangers are our weakness)

And heres how it went off...

We came out from the holding pen... and just stood there for a few minutes looking at each other... trying to beckon the warriors to hit us.

Finally the warriors charged up... I sprinted right between them, and they gave a small chase only to have the rangers from my team to pin them down.

Realizing that now i was half way to their monk and the rangers were closer they focused their attacks on one ranger as the second ranger dashed forward to pull the pressure off me from the other ranger, whom I was lucky enough, did not use pin down on me.

So I'm a few yards away from the monk, Backfire + Empathy = No way to heal no way to attack. So I start whacking at him making him bleed and conjuring phantasm on him. By this time, the ranger who was being attack had died...

So I rushed back... to our monk who was being attacked by both warriors.
So I used ampathy on one of them as I was low on energy... I would have used a better tactic if the other one didnt turn around and started hitting me too...

I dont know what happened to the monk he rushed off somewhere... to help the ranger fighting the other ranger? maybe.

So there I was... 1 Mesmer.. vs 2 Warriors.
I had Empathy casted on one of them and was whacking the other with my sword... building up adrenaline to make him bleed. While all this while the warrior behind me was still hitting me and losing health.

The best thing was... I had distortion on, so even if he misses he still takes on damage. By the time I was done fighting with the warrior infront of me.. I had about half life and the other warrior had 1/4 of his life.

Again.. Empathy + distortion + bleed and that was the end of him and their team... yeah the other ranger finally killed the enemy ranger.

Shoitaan
06-06-2005, 21:43
Rofl, very good show, very good show indeed. I used to scoff at the viability of mes/wars till I read that, very well done ;)

Come on peeps, share some stories :)

Rizzy
06-06-2005, 22:01
Rofl, very good show, very good show indeed. I used to scoff at the viability of mes/wars till I read that, very well done ;)

Come on peeps, share some stories :)

I'm still scared of Rangers...
I used to laugh at Ranger Necros... but... I learnt the hard way that a Ranger can really disable my speed the very factor I need to be an effective DPS built.

And necros can just toss my hexes back.

And since I already know how damaging Pin Down + Apply poison does... If the necro tosses my curses back at me. I'm pretty much screwed.

Shoitaan
07-06-2005, 05:58
I'm still scared of Rangers...
I used to laugh at Ranger Necros... but... I learnt the hard way that a Ranger can really disable my speed the very factor I need to be an effective DPS built.

And necros can just toss my hexes back.

And since I already know how damaging Pin Down + Apply poison does... If the necro tosses my curses back at me. I'm pretty much screwed.

Could carry a hex breaker, limited protection is better than no protection

Jaif
07-06-2005, 06:06
"Eventually my monk realises what the hell I'm doing and decides to keep me company throwing a few heals and staff blasts at the tank..."

I'm missing something: you're proud that one of their team tied up two of your team, and you guys couldn't kill him for 8-9 minutes?

-Jeff

Shoitaan
07-06-2005, 08:02
"Eventually my monk realises what the hell I'm doing and decides to keep me company throwing a few heals and staff blasts at the tank..."

I'm missing something: you're proud that one of their team tied up two of your team, and you guys couldn't kill him for 8-9 minutes?

-Jeff

by "eventually" I meant around the 6-7 minute mark, not exactly from the start, and he didn't stay with me the whole time man, he ran to me once in a while when/if my health got a tad low. Then he'd run back to tend to the rangers, very dedicated healer him, wish I could remember his name.

I'm proud that I managed to frustrate someone to the point where they quit the game mid-match (Being a bastard is fun) ;)

Dionysius
07-06-2005, 23:21
My True Story:

1 Warrior and 1 Ranger vs myself with half my health

Cast Mantra of Persistence -> Crippling anguish -> Phantom Pain -> Conjure Phantasm all on the ranger. That's about 450 health degen overall + 100 more for deep wound caused by phantom pain. I run, warrior follows me, ranger casts troll ungent, not enough to save himself so he dies.

Repeat same casting order on warrior when my energy + health has regenerated while running. He dies.

jstreed
08-06-2005, 17:42
Last night I experienced something I've never seen before: My entire party was singing my praise after fighting the Lich in Hell's Precipice. Why, you ask?

*spoiler warning*

I was taking a group through the mission. Half of the players had done the mission before, half had not. Our party was having trouble with the Lich and was afraid of his triple resurrection undoing all our hard work. Just as our party slowly brought down his first bar of health, something miraculous happened. I power drained his resurrection, killing the Lich on the spot. That's right, it's possible. If you have somebody interrupt his spell just before his health bar is at 0, the Lich will die. My party had the utmost respect for Interrupt Mesmers after this experience.

*end spoiler*

Just thought I'd share my personal experience.

Go Mesmers!

-Xerxes Alexandr