PDA

View Full Version : Diversion + Smite Hex? (Or other hex removal)

acsaas
07-06-2005, 08:42
If I cast Diversion on a monk, then that monk uses a hex removal spell to get rid of it, does the diversion hit that ability or not? If not then I guess I'd have to cast diversion then another hex to cover it up wouldn't I?

Feynt
07-06-2005, 09:08
I think it would activate upon casting Smite Hex, so Smite Hex would fail. But that would take some testing to figure out.

Tsume
07-06-2005, 10:15
Welcome to the forum acsaas!

To answer your question, Diversion trigers on the next skill cast by the target, so when they cast 'Smite Hex' Diversion will take effect on that skill.

acsaas
08-06-2005, 02:55
Ok, I think I understand a bit better, but here is another question; Does Diversion trigger when the spell STARTS being cast or when it FINISHES? The reason I ask is I frequently find myself trying to interrupt abilities with low recharge times, and I figure that if I REALLY don't want that spell to be cast, not even the one time, what would happen if I was to cast diversion, then they start casting, then I interrupt the spell with an ability like Power Leak? Will the diversion take place or not? The other question I had: Is there any counter for Ressurection Signet? I know its a one time cast in a match but that one time can make or break the match. I don't think Diversion really helps there huh? Even if it does work the way I'd like it to, that being Diversion takes place at the beginning of the ability's cast time, the signet doesn't have a recharge time, and as such diversion doesn't take effect, since from what I understand it doesn't apply to abilities that don't have recharge times, abilities like stances. Thanks in advance! :happy34:

Yanna Fairhame
08-06-2005, 12:06
no it does apply to skills with no recharges... i got hit by it using restore life.. it added on 50+ sec of recast to it....

much like using shatter hex on myself to get rid of Backfire... I still take 140 damage from backfire but i also deal aoe 148 damage with shatter hex... they should both take effect with diversion.