PDA

View Full Version : I'd like some suggestions

Samuel
07-06-2005, 07:50
I have a me/r
3 wilderness survival ( cant go beyond this )
10 illusion
10 inspiration
rest to fast casting

Skills are |incendiary arrows, barbed trap, serpent's quickness, fragility, Sympathetic Visage, Leech Signet, Power Drain, Rez Signet|

I read in a building guide that if ur a monk u shud be a healer and if ur not, u shud be a damager with a 2ndary effect like interrupting. So my dmging side is fragility + barbed trap which is like 198 dmg and incendiary arrows ( its on fire for only 1 sec. cuz of 3 wilderness survival so that it ends quickly for fragility to do another 26 dmg). I think i interrupt well with incendiary arrows and i use power drain or leech signet on ele or necro casting spells for they usually have long time to cast and i wait till they swing their arm and then interrupt :) Any suggestion?

Tsume
07-06-2005, 09:31
I read in a building guide that if ur a monk u shud be a healer and if ur not, u shud be a damager with a 2ndary effect like interrupting.

Samuel I dont suppose you would recall who wrote this so called 'guide' or where you found it? If this is hosted on a site, I would advise you not to visit that site anymore and stick to a more credible one. I'd like nothing more than to have you use GWOnline.net exclusively, but just as long as you use a more credible source then where you attained this 'guide'. I wouldnt be surprised if it was written by the same people behind some of the reviews of Guild Wars.... But thats a rant for a different time.

It saddens me to think new players are roped into those kind of thoughts becuase of some careless writing by an inexperienced and untrained player.

But I digress...

Onto your build,

You know the only thing I see that really pops up a quesiton in my mind is the Barbed Trap/Fragility combo. Are you also useing Incendiary arrows on the target? I mean how do you use the trap, run up next to a caster and set it?

It seems like there might be another skill that could go there and give you something more tangible. Something like Clumsiness, Conjure, Phantom Pain, Spirit of Failure, Energy Tap, etc. Something that would take effect and cost less energy as well.

I think that would help you out in the long run, as well as give you some alternate types of suprresive damage if you chose some degenerative skills.

Samuel
08-06-2005, 01:38
Samuel I dont suppose you would recall who wrote this so called 'guide' or where you found it? If this is hosted on a site, I would advise you not to visit that site anymore and stick to a more credible one. I'd like nothing more than to have you use GWOnline.net exclusively, but just as long as you use a more credible source then where you attained this 'guide'. I wouldnt be surprised if it was written by the same people behind some of the reviews of Guild Wars.... But thats a rant for a different time.

It saddens me to think new players are roped into those kind of thoughts becuase of some careless writing by an inexperienced and untrained player.

But I digress...

Onto your build,

You know the only thing I see that really pops up a quesiton in my mind is the Barbed Trap/Fragility combo. Are you also useing Incendiary arrows on the target? I mean how do you use the trap, run up next to a caster and set it?

It seems like there might be another skill that could go there and give you something more tangible. Something like Clumsiness, Conjure, Phantom Pain, Spirit of Failure, Energy Tap, etc. Something that would take effect and cost less energy as well.

I think that would help you out in the long run, as well as give you some alternate types of suprresive damage if you chose some degenerative skills.
I first use fragility, then if their not attacking me i go up to the enemy to use barbed trap then incendiary arrows. If their attacking me i just use fragility and incendiary arrows. And i like fragility in gvg, i have my guild party use conditions so fragility will kill fast. What skills shud i take out? I wanna be a me/r thats 'okay' at interrupting some of the spells of a spell caster and dealing some decent dmg.