PDA

View Full Version : How is this mesmer build?

boxterduke
07-06-2005, 19:04
This is what I use now:

Bane Signet (Smiting)
Banish (Smiting)
Conjure Phantasm (Illusion)
Etheral Burden (Illusion)
Energy Tap (Inspiration)
Epidemic (None)
Heal Party (Heal)
Ressurect (None)

Should I switch to this, or what? What is the best? If the 2nd one is better then should I get rid of the Conjure Phantasm? and use the Illusion skill points for another skill??
I do not want to get rid of the Energy Tap because it is good to get mana back.

Bane Signet (smiting)
Conjure Phantasm (Illusion)
Empathy (Domination)
Chaos Storm (Domination)
Backfire (Domination)
Energy Tap (Inspiration)
Heal party (Heal)
Resurect (None)

Dionysius
07-06-2005, 22:04
Have you noticed that your spells are distributed across 4 different attributes? Keeping healing for heal party only and inspiration for energy tap only are not good ideas.

To be honest, the build lacks a consistent theme to be effective. Mesmers are a counter to long-casting casters, or spell spamming casters, or warriors, or they just provide a heck of a lot of health degen. But in any case, there has to be some role that you take on and this build lacks that.

Looking at your build, you look as if you want your mesmer to deal a lot of damage. If you want to do a lot of direct damage as a Me/Mo, I guess you can try smiting. Though as a mesmer primary, you won't be able to take advantage of the smiting runes, so you'd be better off becoming a monk.

If you want health degen, equip mantra of persistence and the health degen spells under Illusion. It works great against warrios, I tell you.

Gwyndion
07-06-2005, 22:57
Since monks have spells that gives them energy when attacked etc, I think you should drop inspiration, etc, maybe try this.

1) mantra of persistance (inspiration)
2) Conjure Phantasm (illusion)
3) Energy tap (inspiration) / Balthazar's Spirit(Smiting)
4) Ressurect (None)
5) Scourge Healing (smiting)
6) Phantom Pain (Illusion)
7) Balthazar's Aura (Smiting)
8) Heal Party (Healing Prayers)

Never played a monk, so I dont know if it'll work, but it seems nice though

If you do this, put nothing or little in inspiration, equal Illusion and Smithing, and maybe put a bit in healing prayers

Pyro Gl
08-06-2005, 01:04
specializing is the key. i suggest you drop healing, heal party is expencive, and unless you have a lot of points in healing, it's not worth it. also epidemic doesn't seem to fit with your build because you don't have any conditions.

boxterduke
08-06-2005, 16:47
Well I went the domination route and man oh man, nice powerfull stuff.

I took out all points from inspiration and put them in domination (but kept energy tap to get some mana, it droped from getting 10 mana to 8, no biggie)

But Chaos storm, backfire, and others are amazing.

Nice and thanks

Rizzy
08-06-2005, 16:54
Well I went the domination route and man oh man, nice powerfull stuff.

I took out all points from inspiration and put them in domination (but kept energy tap to get some mana, it droped from getting 10 mana to 8, no biggie)

But Chaos storm, backfire, and others are amazing.

Nice and thanks
Take note of domination's long recharge time.

boxterduke
08-06-2005, 17:22
Take note of domination's long recharge time.
Yeah that is why I have Smite and Illusion to keep me busy untill dom recharges.

boxterduke
08-06-2005, 17:24
On another note, should I take out illusion points and put them in domination since I only use conjure phantasm or take out smitting points and put them in domination.

BLAHHH
08-06-2005, 17:34
It's not worth spending attribute points in Illusion if you're only using one thing from it (in fact that goes for basically any attribute for any profession to be perfectly honest). You'll be better of reinvesting those attribute points elsewhere.

Gwyndion
08-06-2005, 17:48
I've been a domination mesmer for most of the game, though since I got mantra of persistance I'm likely to switch to illusion mainly once i get phantom pain or so...

boxterduke
08-06-2005, 17:52
Ok cool, so if I use more illusion skills then would illusion be better than smite?

I can take the points from one and put in the other. I want to find out which one is better to complement domination.

Gwyndion
08-06-2005, 18:05
What compliments what better is all your own opinion and depends on the skills you got, though scourge healing is good vs healers, a bit of direct damage wouldn't hurt, btw, if it says health degeneration of 5, i know its five arrows to the elft, but how much hp do they lose a second then? does anyone have a chart or so of that please?

Radical
08-06-2005, 19:08
You also might want to think about switching from smiting to Protection prayers if you are not a healer. Might work well when combined with Domination. Mes/Monk is a support character.

Gwyndion
08-06-2005, 19:11
Every player is a support player in some way...

GoingIncognito
08-06-2005, 19:53
Each Pip of health regen/degen is worth 2 hp/second.

So max regen/degen is 10 pips, so that's 20 hp/second.

Gwyndion
08-06-2005, 20:43
cool, so a good mantra of persistance with a conjure phantasm can drain 200 hp, cool
Btw, I'm pretty far in the game I think, ascended and all, and I'm in this area, Sorrow Frost something, and there are those weird shaped elementalists that cast a spell on me that hurts me for just about any action I do, so i got a few questions about it, what do I do about it, what job skill is it (since its a punishments I'd say domination mesmer but since it says its an elementalist...)

Saikyo
08-06-2005, 21:10
cool, so a good mantra of persistance with a conjure phantasm can drain 200 hp, cool
Btw, I'm pretty far in the game I think, ascended and all, and I'm in this area, Sorrow Frost something, and there are those weird shaped elementalists that cast a spell on me that hurts me for just about any action I do, so i got a few questions about it, what do I do about it, what job skill is it (since its a punishments I'd say domination mesmer but since it says its an elementalist...)

You are refering to the Murssats and their horrible horrible Spectral Agony I believe. There really isn't much you can do about it unfortunately as it is a monster only skill as far as I know and I don't think you can interrupt it either. (At least my attempts have been unsuccessful, maybe someone else has done it?) The only way to protect yourself from it is to get your armor "infused" by going to on of the missions (if you are fighting them then you are probably pretty close to the mission, but I don't remember what the name was) finding the Seer and completing the quest. This will infuse 1 piece of your armor.

You will probably want to do it 4 more times since having 5 pieces of armor infused is MUCH better that just 1.

5 pieces of armor infused - Spectral Agony does about 3 damage per second
0 pieces of armor infused - Spectral Agony does around 100+ damage per second (at least that's what it feels like...)

Gwyndion
08-06-2005, 21:35
Yup, I'm on the seers quest, though its odd, I was booted, while the only other person with my pw is my bro, and he couldn't have kicked me because he's toying with his new mp3 player, so I'm doing an ad aware run atm, and changed my pw