PDA

View Full Version : Underworld

Xenith
07-06-2005, 20:48
Does anyone know how to go the Underworld?

I only know that America must have the favor of the Gods in the Hall of Heros in order to do so.

For those who do not know that there is an underworld it is a place where monster are really hard, great drops, hard to survive in.

Other then the one requirment I have up there what is the other one?

Underworld access is granted when u talk to The Spirit of Dwayna in the Sanctrium in Old Ascalon and I forget the other places.

Athos Deathrage
07-06-2005, 20:54
Temple of the Ages and it costs 1 platinum

Valice
07-06-2005, 20:55
you need to get to the Temple of Ages and speak to the Avatar of Greneth. Pay 1000gp and you can gain access.

Xenith
07-06-2005, 20:56
TY :happy14:

Mirali Sanova
07-06-2005, 21:08
Does everyone in the party have to pay the 1k or just one person?

Stimm
07-06-2005, 21:23
Does everyone in the party have to pay the 1k or just one person?

Just one person , though usually each group member will pay 125 gp to the leader and he pays the fee.

Scott the Green
07-06-2005, 21:36
I found out about the Underworld by accident. I figured giving a donation would get me some benefit, and suddenly I had dragged my party into hell.

Luckily they weren't too mad at me, and they paid me the money back.

Xiux X
08-06-2005, 09:30
Some hell.... Die fast, pick up some crazy loot before you go, and try again with a hopefully better group? Sounds like me! (Of course, the fact that I'm pretty awful and haven't gotten Droknar's armor doesn't help things either i suppose...)

WolfRanger
08-06-2005, 10:17
Some hell.... Die fast, pick up some crazy loot before you go, and try again with a hopefully better group? Sounds like me! (Of course, the fact that I'm pretty awful and haven't gotten Droknar's armor doesn't help things either i suppose...)

Well I went there about 8 times in the 30 minutes that Europe had the favour last week and I didn't get any uber loot, but it was one helluva experience!

We tried with pick up groups and one time even nearly managed to clear the plateau of enemies, but then got hammered by two patrols at once just when we started to get cocky! :(

Was great fun though, we all just took turns to pay the fee...I was lvl 17 at the time and so was very lucky to find a group to babysit me. If you're a warrior...the "I Will Avenge You" power is a godsend!! That kept me alive longer than most of my teammates and i was 3 levels below them all with Beetletun armour!

Can't wait till Europe has the favour again! *checks watch*

*checks watch*

*taps foot*

oh well... {sigh}

*gets out newspaper*

Seductive
08-06-2005, 10:29
Well I went there about 8 times in the 30 minutes that Europe had the favour last week and I didn't get any uber loot, but it was one helluva experience!

We tried with pick up groups and one time even nearly managed to clear the plateau of enemies, but then got hammered by two patrols at once just when we started to get cocky! :(

Was great fun though, we all just took turns to pay the fee...I was lvl 17 at the time and so was very lucky to find a group to babysit me. If you're a warrior...the "I Will Avenge You" power is a godsend!! That kept me alive longer than most of my teammates and i was 3 levels below them all with Beetletun armour!

Can't wait till Europe has the favour again! *checks watch*

*checks watch*

*taps foot*

oh well... {sigh}

*gets out newspaper*

i feel bad for europeans, how much are sigils selling for there? (due to the lack of wins europe has)

Sune Faithbringer
08-06-2005, 10:52
Is this because Europe hasn't got any good teams, are other continents teams just better, or did the other continents have more time to set up teams (eg. release date of GW)?

I for one would like to see the Koreans shout "Oh no, it's the Euro's" once in a while, instead of "[insert loud Korean cheer] Yeah! It's the Europeans we're facing" :love57:

I'm not trying to set up the discussion that this isn't fair for Europe (I am a European, if that isn't clear so far) but I would like to see Europe more competitive in the HoH (reasons is obvious I guess :happy53: )
I am willing to learn more about PvP and with some instruction I think we can set up a great few good European teams so we can earn those siguls ourselves and give European players more time in the Underworld :clap:

Martian Tristar
08-06-2005, 11:40
the reason that there arent so many good european team (there are some) is the fact that a lot of players play on the american servers. Especially the people who spend a lot of time in the Beta's, whom you could consider to be hardcore players, made a lot of friends online and joined primarely american guilds and therefore when the choice had to be made which server to select, we chose america. The fact beta guilds were mainly american in turn is a result of the fact the GW beta was very very poorly and late distributed through Europe.

At least thats my theory about it :D

Off Topic: This fear for korean teams is pathetic, most of them arent better than the rest and can be beaten. If they won they deserve to win and its because you suck and not because they are korean. When I play tombs and one of my random team mates starts making remarks against korean it sickens me and makes me want to leave that party (I dont because leaving is something I dislike as much as people making idiot remarks). If one of my guild members makes remarks like that he gets booted from the guild within a second.

MrScythes
08-06-2005, 11:53
i feel bad for europeans, how much are sigils selling for there? (due to the lack of wins europe has)

one hundred thousand pieces of gold

hireath
08-06-2005, 12:07

actually my guild in europe we have a sigil each, and sold plenty, guild hall etc.

i dont know where this rubbish is about europe rarely winning, 2 days ago numerous europe guilds and pickup groups held the hall all day.

remember that when you are in work, we are playing in the evening.

though getting sleep for work in the morning doesnt stop most of us europeans playing untill 5AM when we have work in like 2 hours.

lred
08-06-2005, 12:52
Another reason why there are not many good Eu teams is the language barrier. There are plenty of europeans, but not so many who speak english, not so many who speak german, italian etc. And many people do prefer to team with people with the same native language as their own.

lred
08-06-2005, 12:57
actually my guild in europe we have a sigil each, and sold plenty, guild hall etc.

i dont know where this rubbish is about europe rarely winning, 2 days ago numerous europe guilds and pickup groups held the hall all day.

Those are a few exceptions that prove the rule.
Noone said America always wins, noone said there are no good Eu guilds.
People are saying the US wins more often then Eu, and that there are more good US guilds then good Eu guilds.

Tortoise
08-06-2005, 13:12
Err, sure everyone, but the most important reason why Europe hasn't nearly got as much the favor of the gods is simply because Europe is vastly outnumbered... Someone in another thread posted once that on American servers Ascalon city nearly has about 70 districts (don't know if it's true, since I'm european). On the European server the max districts I've seen Ascalon get so far is 30... With that big a difference in player population, added with the fact that most testers (and thus elite guilds) are on american servers it isn't a that strange Europa only seldomly has the favor...
It does make me kinda sad, though....

Lyta
08-06-2005, 13:15
From what I see so far, most europeans still enjoy the PvE part of the game. When they all have beaten the game there will be more interest for the PvP part and therefore more guilds playing it seriously. (in a few months)
And europe isn't one country. There isn't one big pool of players but britisch, german, french, italian, spanisch, ..., guilds.

I'll see how it will be after a while. If it isn't possible for me to visit underworld or reach hoh I'll change to america - sad but true :p

Cicxi Nightcrawler
08-06-2005, 13:15
I guess quantity beats quality ^^

no seriously there are far more american guilds than european.

plus as metionned before there is a language barrier. but that doesn't really bug me. I didn't get into PvP just yet, and am not even thinking of going into the underworld.

everthing will fall into place.

Sune Faithbringer
08-06-2005, 13:25
I for one would like to get to be a part of the European Guilds and go for PvP but so far it's been difficult for me to get PvP experience.

I haven't been playing for very long now and still need to unlock many skills. Furthermore it's been difficult to find people willing to explain me how to cooperate in a team and to teach/train me in PvP.

I bet there are many Europeans like me and if there could be some kind of setup helping players to learn to PvP we could make some great Euro PvP teams.

Maybe this topic is worth another thread? :idea:

Martian Tristar
08-06-2005, 15:06
Another reason why there are not many good Eu teams is the language barrier. There are plenty of europeans, but not so many who speak english, not so many who speak german, italian etc. And many people do prefer to team with people with the same native language as their own.

well thats just not true, most europeans, err at least dutch people, can speak a bit of english

WolfRanger
08-06-2005, 15:25
well thats just not true, most europeans, err at least dutch people, can speak a bit of english

yes but they like goooooooooooolldddd

ishunt shat veead?! :happy53:

EDIT: sorry...couldn't resist :o P