PDA

View Full Version : Verata's Aura

Slopius
08-06-2005, 09:13
alright you guys all think that verata's aura is godly against an army against 60+ minions, but the people who say this obviously know nothing about the skill. VERATA"S AURA ONLY TAKES OVER MINIONS YOU ARE TOUCHING, now it says in the area but its wrong you basically have to be right beside them and you have to use the skill, and once the skill is on you cant walk right beside another minion and it will be taken over. You have to cast it again to take over that bunch of minions. It has a very very small range, it works but youll be taking over like 3 or 4 minions at a time, and verata's aura has a long recharge time.

Torm Shadowbane
08-06-2005, 10:02
Slopius-
Well if that's true I'd have to guess that the skill isn't working as intended. (At least not according to its description.)

Even so, the Minion Master PvP Team Build is still easy to beat. Send in a Warrior a W/Mo or a W/E would be best. If it's a W/Mo he'd work best with points into smiting. Use Judges Insight for holy damage +20% Armor Penetration. Cyclone Axe. Use Balthazar's Spirit in conjunction and have one of the monks cast healing seed on you. Suddenly, you are taking pretty much zero damage from the Minions and slaughtering them. To increase that have a single Elementalist hit the Minions with a few AE's (if it even takes that many). Minions are stupid and like to group up closely together. If it's a W/E just have him use Armor of Earth, have a Monk cast Balth Spirit on him, have him use Earthquake, Aftershock, Cyclone Axe... and well... minions will be smashed.

While a Warrior, Elementalist, and Monk focus on taking out the minions (easily), just have the rest of your group find a way around once the Minions are focused on the warrior to take out the Necromancers.

You have to remember that SIX out of EIGHT people on the team are dedicated to raising the minions, to building the army. They will have no defense against a normal group who should be able to take out their minions as long as the entire group doesn't go charging in.

Khoral
08-06-2005, 10:20
Right. But remember the 2 slots left in the minion masters' party can be 2 mesmers (and if you want to win, they HAVE to be 2 mesmers), and there the majority of the spells you're counting on is disabled ;)

Torm Shadowbane
08-06-2005, 11:52
Right. But remember the 2 slots left in the minion masters' party can be 2 mesmers (and if you want to win, they HAVE to be 2 mesmers), and there the majority of the spells you're counting on is disabled ;)

Well, in Lulu's build they were two Monks. I suppose you could bring them as Mesmers, which would mean your team would have a total of four mesmers. (Two of which have to be Me/Mo.) Of course, you are forgetting that Mesmers can be shut down almost as easily (unless they use Hex Breaker) as any other caster.

However, that may put a strain on the two Resing Mesmers as they will have to heal/protect the team as well as constantly casting resurrection to create more corpses.

Really, I only see this build powerful if Mark of Pain is involved and only then during Altar/King of the Hill matches or when a party is blocked in. 20 Minions with 30 AE Damage per attack... 600 damage per second... :eek:

Slopius
08-06-2005, 14:19
The only time this build gets owned, wich seems to be happening alot now, is when the minions get bugged, all get in a group and stand there and do nothing, nothing at all. They seriously need to fix this stuff man.

spne
08-06-2005, 14:46
The only time this build gets owned, wich seems to be happening alot now, is when the minions get bugged, all get in a group and stand there and do nothing, nothing at all. They seriously need to fix this stuff man.

My guild was playing HoH and we destroyed that build using smite + ele aoe, and they were fighting.

We just sent a Warrior + Axe + Smite with a Monk using Balthazars on him. Then the two eles just destroyed the minions. They dropped like flies. Once the minions fall, the rest took 30 secs to go.

Slopius
09-06-2005, 07:00
ya that works too, see its not a hard build to beat so it should not be considered cheating, i dont know why people say it is. I mean all you need is aoe and its over for the minions and once the minions are gone well you got nothing else to do dmg so your screwed. Or like i said, when the minions get bugged wich happens alot your screwed too.