PDA

View Full Version : List of NON-Elite skills from bosses

Pan Sola
08-06-2005, 21:36
Hi all,

In order to save money, I would like to capture as many skills from bosses as possible, even non-elite ones (assuming the skills are not available from quests).

I haven't seen such a thread yet, so figure I could start a thread and have people contribute? (I haven't been collecting information at all, so nothing for the first post...)

YellowLab
08-06-2005, 22:56
n00b question: Can't you get all non-elite skills through questing?

YL

Jijimuge
09-06-2005, 01:19
Hey, it's not that nooby a question! After all, you'd only know for sure if you'd been through the entire game!

But no, you can't get all skills through questing. Some of the regular skills can only be obtained from trainers (or capturing from bosses if that's what you want to do).

One of the other main benefits of capturing non-elites from bosses (those that can't be obtained by questing anyhow) is to get them (sometimes significantly) earlier than you might otherwise. However, it's worth mentioning that to capture a skill that you could otherwise obtain from a quest would be a waste of 1 skill point. Maybe not a big issue....but not something that one wants to do too often.

For some detailed information on which skills can be obtained by quests etc and which at trainers, you could do worse than visit the public resources section of the Fianna guild's forums. Here's the link

http://the-fianna.net/forum/index.php?showforum=10

Hope you find it useful.

Feynt
09-06-2005, 01:38
Some prime examples of spells you can obtain REALLY early are:

Lightning Orb (take a signet back to the Great Northern Wall quest in Ascalon, one of the gargoyles uses it)
Heal Other (Shalis Ironhide, up in the Iron Horse Mine area uses this)
Earthquake (Nazeem, Gates of Kryta mission)
Aftershock (Thornwrath, Bloodstone Fen)
Searing Heat (Manton, Aurora Glade (there's someone in the Bloodstone Fen mission who uses it too, can't recall the name, but he's a white mantle boss))
Divine Intervention (Bloodstone Fen, again can't remember the name, but again it's a white mantle boss)
Glyph of Elemental Power (Manton, Aurora Glade)

Usually you'll obtain these skills a good 5-9 story missions before you could quest for or buy them.

YellowLab
09-06-2005, 22:58
Thanks!
That is great information.

YL

cludinsk
09-06-2005, 23:17
none of those are mesmer spells, lol (i know, listed as examples).

you have to pay for signets of capture, its usually cheaper to buy from skill trainers.

Shalira
12-06-2005, 16:39
none of those are mesmer spells, lol (i know, listed as examples).

you have to pay for signets of capture, its usually cheaper to buy from skill trainers.

Actually, that's not true. The signets of capture are under 100 gold, while the skills that I've been buying are well over 100 gold.

kasandaro
12-06-2005, 16:42
Actually, that's not true. The signets of capture are under 100 gold, while the skills that I've been buying are well over 100 gold.

Actually, it seems that the bought skills start at 10g, and increase by 10 for each you buy. Buying a Signet just divides the cost of that particular skill point in half.

Feynt
12-06-2005, 20:54
I know people who pay 300-400 for skills, I've also heard someone say they pay 300ish for the Signet of Capture. O.O

You can capture Spirit Shackles from a mergoyle boss near the Ascalon Settlement, down on the beaches to the... East? I think it's East. And I believe Spirit of Failure is capturable in the Gates of Kryta mission. I must admit, I don't capture many mesmer spells.

KallDrexx
12-06-2005, 21:26
gold cost of SoC go up after every time you buy one, just fyi