PDA

View Full Version : And they say rangers suck.........the last laugh of a ranger

horaadrin balthazar
09-06-2005, 14:24
After 28 attempts at defeating elona reach in the last week, i became upset, scratch that, livid with this mission. every time i played it we would get killed without mercy before getting to the second stone. after a few horrible groups i thought it was maybe the groups that were stopping me, or maybe it was me. maybe rangers were truly the inferior class.

2 days later after getting talked into it by a guildmate, we take the task on again, this time he was leading(fully ascended/infused/done with game w/mo) and he would have me pull the groups out and do the sneaking around. after mopping up the first group of guys to the left, i decided i would run the crystal back, being a r/w, i used sprint and then storm chaser to easily make my way accross the desert and later had to kill a forgotten arcanist so he wouldn't kill my hero. :happy65:

after making my way back to the rest of the group going behind the rocks, we mop up a few enchanted swordsmen and make our way to the forgotten again, this time in the middle of all the mayhem. well to our luck this guy (magato yon or something whom' had aggro'd about 3 groups previously and allmost got us all killed),decided to leave us and pick up on the forgotten on the slopes going towards the 3rd cystal. after literally killing the entire group except myself, i ran away and hid for a bit.

with 11 minutes left and no res to use, people were taking breaks and saying "oh we are screwed, the last one standing is a ranger, we might as well leave" etc. i decided that i won't go down without a last chance at beating this mission that has haunted me for so long. with ample space between 3 groups of forgotten i weaved my way through, sprint past one and made my way to the dugout where the crystal was, i stopped and heal for a moment, 9 minutes left.

right there in front of me was the last piece to the puzzle of me finally beating this mission, my heart started to pound and my hand started to shake. all i had to do was grab this crystal, run away without getting hamstringed by one of the enchanted swordsmen, and haul *** accross the desert with about 30 forgotten/enchanted foe's behind me on my tail.

8:30 left, i decided to go for it, my guildmate cheering me on, i clicked the crystal, hit sprint, and used the mouse to look the opposite way to get ready to run, bam, it was in my hands and i was running like forest gump, i breezed myself away from the 4 peope there and stopped on the cliff to regenerate the 100 something hp i had lost. suddenly i start thiking to myself, can i finally be the hero? will the ranger save the day?

suddenly i notice my map and 6 fogotten are moving their way towards me and the enchanted in the path ahead. knowing now that i was doomed, i took off (storm chaser 16 seconds of running fun) and made my way through that group, and straight into the desert with 10-12 more on my tail, with my guild mate guiding me by drawing on the map, i weaved my way through (hit sprint as soon as storm chaser was up) and got away from everyone weaved back around the rocks and to the fort, unable to see on my screen(because of my hand shaking and my heart pumping) i tough it out and don't manage to agro the remaining 9 forgotten in my pathway, up to the hero i went with a little over 6 minutes left, the teamchat now blowing up with remarks of disbelief and praise, "the ranger did it", "way to go hora, i knew you could do it, you saved the day, you really are a hero". "how the hell did a ranger do that, i'm a tank and i can't do that".

i talked to the hero and the most amazing thing happend, the cutscene came up and we all watched in glory as the ranger whom everyone though would die first and not be of use because i'm not a monk (and aparently we needed 2 monks for this mission?) , beat the day.

all of elona district 1 exploded in uproar when we got back as word was spreading about the ranger who ran all the way back without res and without a team and saved the day.

the ranger got the last laugh this time.

elsage
09-06-2005, 19:30
:happy14: Nice.

MyNameIsCronoTrigger
10-06-2005, 01:44
HaHa That´s awesome! :happy65: :happy14:

arbotross
10-06-2005, 09:41
score one more for the ranger I love ranger evasion I'm usually the last one alive

The Tyblat
11-06-2005, 07:41
cause u rangers are all scardies who hang back and dont do anything!! joking

horaadrin balthazar
11-06-2005, 11:08
cause u rangers are all scardies who hang back and dont do anything!! joking

hey now, we are the most versatile character in the game ;)

it's good to know you guys enjoyed my story :happy34:

Greenish Mango
11-06-2005, 11:28
Yay... Rangerz fow eva :p

And we really are the most versatile O_o It's true

0xDEADCAFE
11-06-2005, 18:00
This was a story, right? Or did that actually happen?

horaadrin balthazar
12-06-2005, 03:27
This was a story, right? Or did that actually happen?

it honest to god really happened

i realize this is the fanfiction forum, but it's story based and a lot of things are stories in this forum so i felt the need to put it here.

robi1kenobi
12-06-2005, 04:51
Well this story id definatly in the right place:) The fan FICTION forum:̃

horaadrin balthazar
12-06-2005, 13:15
Well this story id definatly in the right place:) The fan FICTION forum:̃

what don't believe me? whisper "tigo of aragon" and ask him about the heroic ranger that could :).........(i know you are kidding anyways)

btw, since i wrote this, i changed my secondary to a monk, now i am a smiting marksman who slays the drakes of cryta like they are going out of style :happy34:

continue on fellow rangers :)

Megaflare
12-06-2005, 19:18
I did Elona's with full henchmen and only killed four or five groups of enemies. Took me 3 tries with no sprints.

I am a Ranger. ;)

Ace Bear
12-06-2005, 20:38
I think the fiction part of it is that if you win you don't go back to Elona after the mission :). You go to Augury Rock if I remember correctly :happy53:

horaadrin balthazar
13-06-2005, 14:26
I think the fiction part of it is that if you win you don't go back to Elona after the mission :). You go to Augury Rock if I remember correctly :happy53:

elona/augury same thing it's sandy out there.

but yeah you are right, it was augury, my bad.

Zero
13-06-2005, 18:09
Awesome tale my friend, put a smile on my face. Well done. :thumbsup:

RilderView
13-06-2005, 21:07
Woot score another for da rangas, *Dips some arrows in gunpowder, lights and fires* fireworks folows :happy65:

Jahoclave
16-06-2005, 09:25
Change it to last man alive, dancing between four groups of mobs with only about an inch of play room, and resing the monk about 18 times till he finally got up without and aggro. Walk back over towards the passage between the two of the crytsals. Grab last crystal, have monk heal me enough, run like hell. And that would be how this Ranger saved Elona.

Funny how it's always us underappreicateds that save the groups ***.

Rancid Hate
16-06-2005, 22:54
lol ive got chill bumps ive had similar thigns liek that happen
in pvp my ranger is always the last to die (and of course does way more damage than en war ever would do =P)
2 times not i have taken groups of 2 ppl its usually a war and some type of ranged
ill pin down the war and apply poison and for some odd rason wars dont stop chasing they just keep comin so i hunters shot and thats 7 degen
lol then run and repeat process
and to all the dead wars im such a pussy and to my team im god lol
but that makes me happy hearing a fellow underestimated ranger saving the day :happy34: :happy14:

gj man and keep it up rangers ****in own

dgwnitro
03-07-2005, 18:09
in this story he's stuck in elonas reach for 28 days, that sucks too, BUT, i'm allready stuck for 2 months and 12 days in Thirsty River and that even sucks more. I don't understand all warriors say WOOOOOSSHHHH to this mission and my ranger is stuck here so long, help me, a saddened player :(

Valice
03-07-2005, 20:55
Go rangers!!! My first character was a ranger, and I cannot tell you how many times I've helped out the team in many of the hardest missions, such as Elona's, Hell's Precipice, etc. I'm definitely getting sick of people who underrate the rangers :D

Michal
07-07-2005, 22:27
i like it :happy14:

jacob abbett of guild war
17-07-2005, 09:03
gj man im a w/e but i dont think rangers stink i think their a good class and handy to have in a hard fight :happy65: :clap: :happy14:

oney
17-07-2005, 21:08
After 28 attempts at defeating elona reach in the last week, i became upset, scratch that, livid with this mission. every time i played it we would get killed without mercy before getting to the second stone. after a few horrible groups i thought it was maybe the groups that were stopping me, or maybe it was me. maybe rangers were truly the inferior class.

2 days later after getting talked into it by a guildmate, we take the task on again, this time he was leading(fully ascended/infused/done with game w/mo) and he would have me pull the groups out and do the sneaking around. after mopping up the first group of guys to the left, i decided i would run the crystal back, being a r/w, i used sprint and then storm chaser to easily make my way accross the desert and later had to kill a forgotten arcanist so he wouldn't kill my hero. :happy65:

after making my way back to the rest of the group going behind the rocks, we mop up a few enchanted swordsmen and make our way to the forgotten again, this time in the middle of all the mayhem. well to our luck this guy (magato yon or something whom' had aggro'd about 3 groups previously and allmost got us all killed),decided to leave us and pick up on the forgotten on the slopes going towards the 3rd cystal. after literally killing the entire group except myself, i ran away and hid for a bit.

with 11 minutes left and no res to use, people were taking breaks and saying "oh we are screwed, the last one standing is a ranger, we might as well leave" etc. i decided that i won't go down without a last chance at beating this mission that has haunted me for so long. with ample space between 3 groups of forgotten i weaved my way through, sprint past one and made my way to the dugout where the crystal was, i stopped and heal for a moment, 9 minutes left.

right there in front of me was the last piece to the puzzle of me finally beating this mission, my heart started to pound and my hand started to shake. all i had to do was grab this crystal, run away without getting hamstringed by one of the enchanted swordsmen, and haul *** accross the desert with about 30 forgotten/enchanted foe's behind me on my tail.

8:30 left, i decided to go for it, my guildmate cheering me on, i clicked the crystal, hit sprint, and used the mouse to look the opposite way to get ready to run, bam, it was in my hands and i was running like forest gump, i breezed myself away from the 4 peope there and stopped on the cliff to regenerate the 100 something hp i had lost. suddenly i start thiking to myself, can i finally be the hero? will the ranger save the day?

suddenly i notice my map and 6 fogotten are moving their way towards me and the enchanted in the path ahead. knowing now that i was doomed, i took off (storm chaser 16 seconds of running fun) and made my way through that group, and straight into the desert with 10-12 more on my tail, with my guild mate guiding me by drawing on the map, i weaved my way through (hit sprint as soon as storm chaser was up) and got away from everyone weaved back around the rocks and to the fort, unable to see on my screen(because of my hand shaking and my heart pumping) i tough it out and don't manage to agro the remaining 9 forgotten in my pathway, up to the hero i went with a little over 6 minutes left, the teamchat now blowing up with remarks of disbelief and praise, "the ranger did it", "way to go hora, i knew you could do it, you saved the day, you really are a hero". "how the hell did a ranger do that, i'm a tank and i can't do that".

i talked to the hero and the most amazing thing happend, the cutscene came up and we all watched in glory as the ranger whom everyone though would die first and not be of use because i'm not a monk (and aparently we needed 2 monks for this mission?) , beat the day.

all of elona district 1 exploded in uproar when we got back as word was spreading about the ranger who ran all the way back without res and without a team and saved the day.

the ranger got the last laugh this time.

nice :worship:

laugm
20-07-2005, 06:49
nice come on ninja rangers are cool

DJRM
03-02-2006, 01:08
Yeah Reangers Are The Best
Woohoo

Dunnoir
06-02-2006, 21:39
my ranger was a hero in the nolani academy mission (i know its not as hard, but still) everyone had died doing the bonus except me, and I didnt have rez, but I did know that everyone would spring back to life at the cutscene. So I had to take out all the charr out the front of the academy on my tod, while having to put up with people saying "we mite aswell leave" or "a ranger cant kill all them on his own!" little did he know that with a combination of trolls unguent and armour of earth, I could take a beating! and of course ignite arrows and dual shot helped a bit aswell! Like I said, not the same as doing elonas reach on your own, but same principle, and it made me feel warm inside :happyandjumping:

Qasim
13-03-2006, 06:00
Rangers suck??

#1 We are the best runners and the fastest
#2 We can own large groups
#3 R/Mo can act as healers becus we dont need to use too much energy to attack.

Congrats dude, excellent to hear things like this happening

Metroid_01
13-03-2006, 15:13
There is a reason rangers are such common flag runners in GvG...they run like no other.

naram
02-04-2006, 06:11
Its really dumb...

I did the exact same thing before on my warrior/ranger character.

Noroimusha
13-04-2006, 21:08
great job. I'm a ranger myself, and I've done something recently that was quite a thing too. We had a pvp team battle, and I alone took down a warrior, and a necro...both twice as they ressed themselves. My team was either dead atm or taking on the other foes. Besides, we have something no one else does...our ever faithful pets. If it wasn't for silver fang, I would've never made it this far....Long live rangers (power to Melandru!!)...

PropheticWarrior
15-12-2006, 12:58
Need a runner? Call a ranger.

We'll get you there in the fastest time possible guaranteed, or its free.:grin:

There's been many missions my Ra/Mo has been the last man standing to rez the party. Rebirth is a beautiful thing.

Mathius Clarkus
15-12-2006, 15:26
congrats! That is a hrad mission and well done. My ranger can do everything (he is my first ever character) EXCEPT run:( for some reason i suck at it - no good at finding the way. That was a nasty mission well done - at least you had a guildie to help you unlike me when i have done them. congratulations:grin:

Kalidri
15-12-2006, 17:35
Thread Necromancy!

Yeah it doesn't belong here but its so old that I am not gonna bother moving it.

ygraul
15-12-2006, 17:38
Lol.

Makes me wonder if every strategy forum has the 'x class doesn't suck, here's a story about why' thread. I found this amusing for that reason despite the thread necromancy.

Well, that, and if I said rangers sucked, Kalidri would bite my head off. :grin:

Kalidri
15-12-2006, 17:41
Actually, such threads fit in a precarious fashion in fanfic. Given that people's stories about how wonderful their favorite class is kinda wanders into tall tales...and out the otherside to outright fibbing.

And what else is fiction but a really really good fib told well?

Banes Son
15-12-2006, 18:44
LOL, you nailed it Zen, and if you get REALLY really lucky should count too.

asuna kun naga
23-12-2006, 19:08
lol this is great i have never heard of it but this is really great and myself have never been a fan of elona mission or any desert one for that matter