PDA

View Full Version : Attention Everyone: A request

Jezza
09-06-2005, 13:37
Please go fight a group of Jade Armors/Bows, and come back and post about your experience.

lred
09-06-2005, 13:41
Please go fight a group of Jade Armors/Bows, and come back and post about your experience.
What, solo? Or with a team?
I have fought many Jades, and my experience is that they die.

What's your experience?

Mr Dead Wish
09-06-2005, 13:53

Hmm Experience is they die slower but die still even if you use Henchman.

The same for Mursaat, lvl 28 monsters, lvl 31 (underworld)

What is really the question :confused:

Ahastar Darktalon
09-06-2005, 13:59
I assume he referrs to the fact that the seer now infuses your entire armor at once, but spectral agony does more damage.

Lord Gargoyle
09-06-2005, 15:15
I assume he referrs to the fact that the seer now infuses your entire armor at once, but spectral agony does more damage.

how much more? what is the damage now?

Mad J
09-06-2005, 15:17
I don't know what you're looking for exactly but the first time I fought the Jade Armors I was hit with something like seven enchantments and was promptly killed (I learned not to be the first in the beeline attacking). As long as I was the *second* attacker, my group had no issues with the armor nor the Mursaats.

Jezza
09-06-2005, 15:39
I was just trying to gauge what others think of them. Because I ran into groups of 4 today, looking for a skill (first time after the update). I'm a healer monk (up to granite citedel/iron mines) and I had a full group of henchies. And they wasted us in 20 seconds.

I don't remember this happening on my first runs through with my w/mo (a long time ago). These were the jades in the Frozen Floe area I'm talking about. Has this happened to anyone else?

On a side note, the place we spawned had 8+ more, so we just kept getting owned instantly. I don't know what skill they were using, but....

Mad J
09-06-2005, 15:40
I was just trying to gauge what others think of them. Because I ran into groups of 4 today, looking for a skill (first time after the update). I'm a healer monk (up to granite citedel/iron mines) and I had a full group of henchies. And they wasted us in 20 seconds.

I don't remember this happening on my first runs through with my w/mo (a long time ago). These were the jades in the Frozen Floe area I'm talking about. Has this happened to anyone else?

On a side note, the place we spawned had 8+ more, so we just kept getting owned instantly. I don't know what skill they were using, but....

Were you using target?

Just wondering if this causes the armors to gang up on their spells on the targeter...

Lord Gargoyle
09-06-2005, 15:49

frozen floe has only mursaat. you can take on a group (2 jades, one monk, 2 mesmer mursaat) without dieing but the skill you are after is in an area with 2-3 groups of such enemies. i tried to capture it, too, its not worth the effort. just go on and do the missions. in the ring of fire missions you can get that skill. way more easily. ;)

edit: and when you die there the res shrine is crowded with ice imps which annihilate you after you die. so if you want to try clear out the shrine first. ;)

Jezza
09-06-2005, 15:55
frozen floe has only mursaat. you can take on a group (2 jades, one monk, 2 mesmer mursaat) without dieing but the skill you are after is in an area with 2-3 groups of such enemies. i tried to capture it, too, its not worth the effort. just go on and do the missions. in the ring of fire missions you can get that skill. way more easily. ;)

edit: and when you die there the res shrine is crowded with ice imps which annihilate you after you die. so if you want to try clear out the shrine first. ;)
Uh, go there now, after this patch. no musaat (at least havent seen any). Also I was after life barrier (i think thats what its called). And the whole team was decimated, not just me. (I do have infused armor)

Torm Shadowbane
09-06-2005, 16:01
I haven't had a chance to fight them with another character, but I know when I killed them with my fully infused Warrior... they were real wimps. If it wasn't for lack of DPS he could have soloed the whole group at the beginning of the Ring of Fire mission. (That and it seemed even if I attacked them they liked to keep running accept two or three who would turn to attack...) That's how ridiculously wimpy they were to be the big bad "villains" of the game.

Skeptic
09-06-2005, 16:04
Uh, go there now, after this patch. no musaat (at least havent seen any). Also I was after life barrier (i think thats what its called). And the whole team was decimated, not just me. (I do have infused armor)

I didn't have any problems after the patch, I'm a Mo/E.

Lord Gargoyle
09-06-2005, 16:06
life barrier? ice floe has aura of faith from that no name monk boss. now there are only jades? i think those use the mursaat instant kill skill, too and since the infused effect is nerved you die fast from it and the henchmen there arent infused either i think.