PDA

View Full Version : Longest PvP-battle

Erikje
10-06-2005, 12:12
Hi,
what is your longest PvP-battle?
Yesterday i had a battle (with 6 teams in it) that took 39,44 minutes.
Quite long i believe, or did you have much longer battles?

(by the way, we didn't win any fame...)

Spottswoode
10-06-2005, 12:16
Hi,
what is your longest PvP-battle?
Yesterday i had a battle (with 6 teams in it) that took 39,44 minutes.
Quite long i believe, or did you have much longer battles?

(by the way, we didn't win any fame...)

i was doin tombs over and over again last night (never won but came second like 4 times) and we had a match that went well over the 40 minute mark.

Mr Panda
10-06-2005, 12:32
i had a six team match in topk that lasted about 40 minutes, probably more. 6 teams, and everyone used the tactic of wiping out nearest team and then camping it out...but everyone was doing it, so there was a lot of camp and not alot of action. my guild did actually win that battle, but only after a ton of insults had been slung around and we noticed that our team was all on morale boosst, and the other teams were DP...and that about half of each of the other teams were lying in the dirt in our base. but stll, was damn long match, got called sleepers and stuff, but, they were doing it as well, we just did it better.

Ryuu
10-06-2005, 12:46
Well I don't know what my longest Tombs battle was, but I do know that I had 16 consecutive wins in 4v4 (Competition Arena) and in the 17th which lasted for like 17 minutes of fighting, we lost.

I think 17 minutes for a 4v4 game is pretty long =P

Chaos Knight Soul
10-06-2005, 12:58
GvG (i guess counts as PvP) My guild went on for get this 1 hour 7 mins. It started out 8vs8 but we had 4 henchmen and they had 3. All lvl 20s both teams. Then 1 of our guys left then 2 of there guys left. So it ended 7vs6 and we won by a hair now we are Allied guilds with them. I will never forget that fight that took us a little over 1 hour.

hireath
10-06-2005, 13:03
in that match in the tombs where there start with 6 teams, each is confined to a 1on1. when you kill your enemy team the doors open to the middle and let you out to the other teams.

i have heard stories where 2 teams decide not to fight and just wait for the good team waiting outside the door to get bored and leave. up to an hour.

this gametype needs to be changed!

after 15 mins all the doors should open - whether they are finished fighting or not.

hireath
10-06-2005, 13:04
i was doin tombs over and over again last night (never won but came second like 4 times) and we had a match that went well over the 40 minute mark.

never won a match? so i suppose you came out second best in all the 1on1's LOL.

Ksteun
10-06-2005, 13:11
last night i was in a battle that took at least 30 mins

Bruiser of Minoc
10-06-2005, 13:41
OH NO WE ARE ALL MONKS !!!!!!!!!!

we had over 18 consequetive wins at the arenas last night. Then I had to sleep, since ima euro and my teakm was american :(

OH NO WE ARE ALL MONKS !!!!!!!!!!

Skallagrimson
10-06-2005, 13:59
Check out this thread for a long match.

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=348556

:happy34:

Ragnar Darkan
10-06-2005, 14:56
Some of you guys are talking 6 team battles going for 40 minutes or so my guild was in a GvG battle vs some Euro's They hid in their base for about 30 minutes. By the time they gave up because my guild relentless persuit on beating them they gave up after 83:minutes 37:seconds! But that match did put us on the ladder so :happy34: :clap: :happy65: :happy14:

Loquetus
10-06-2005, 15:07
hiding in base is pretty difficult to do right
after the oponents have the catapult, hiding in base already becomes alot more difficult
then it's just a matter of getting your guild thief and letting him open the gate while catapulting to stop them from killing the thief

longest match i've done was also in hoh 6 teams vs eachother
i think
3 teams remained and then the annoying camping began
after an hour i was fed up with it and aggro'd the ones to our left
we whooped them and killed their priest (we lost ours already, so not much to loose)

they got a complete whipe out so we turned to those on our right
whiped out the entire party but we killed the priest 1 second after their entire party got revived :-/
we got whooped really hard then
so they won :(
just being unlucky i guess

SilentMoon
10-06-2005, 15:34
Not really one for the record... but I thought it was pretty funny.

This happened in the Yak's Bend arena (my experinece of PvP is pretty limited :p). I got in a team with two warriors/something and one mesmer. All proceeded quite okay, I sniped at the opposing priest thus earning the inimity of all other three players but at least he was down by the time they reached me. I had enough time to make a warrior bleed hard before I went down... Fair enough.

My remaining teammates put the bleeding warrior down fairly easily, but then got caught in an elementalist's fire and slown down by a mesmer, which took out one of our warriors who was already damaged. The remaining warrior and the mesmer zeroed on the opposing mesmer and put him down quickly. Only one elementalist left, piece of cake, right?

Wrong...

The ele started to run. If you don't remember Yak's Bend arena, it's a big circle with a pud of water in the middle, downhill. The warrior and the ele started to chase him down... But everyone was running at the same speed (the warrior didn't have sprint). None of them could res another teammate (stupid, I know, heh). They weren't the sharpest knives in the drawer I think...
Anyway, the chase keeps on like this for a while, running and running in circle. Everyone was amused until it got boring after three good minutes. I started to yell at them to cut through the damn water, for god's sake, you're two and he's alone! The other team was telling their friend it was hopeless and to give up.
Surprisingly, he still managed to hold on for 4 more minutes. Those two just couldn't get their act right for some reason, and he was avoiding them by a hairsplit. They finally caught on and the mesmer landed a conjure phantasm that did half of the job, while the warrior hacked away.

But it still took like 15 minutes for a 4vs4, 10 of which consisted in running in circle. :)

DeadUserTyping
10-06-2005, 16:36
I think around 15-20 mins was my longest.

Diceclock
10-06-2005, 16:40
1 hour and 13 minutes.

It was a 4vs4 match at an arean. My whole team died except me, and the entire other team died except this one ranger. Neither of us had a rez (dumb i know).

I was playing my E/mo which is ungodly hard to kill, way out of the ranger's capabilties. So we ended up just firing at each other point blank. I couldn't kill him, he couldn't kill me.

I realized I had to do nothing whatsoever to stay alive, besides recast my buffs every minute or so. He had to do a very complicated routine of energy capture, heals, troll, etc...

So just to screw with him, I set my character on a buff/nuke macro. Before I did I said "I can keep this up forever, you might as well quit". He replys "OMG FU Noob, u suk, I'll never quit."

Everyone else has logged at this point, so I say screw it, leave the macro on, and walk away from the computer. I come back an hour later, and he's still beating on me, even managed to drag me into a corner where I couldn't hit him because a wall blocked me.

Best part was he had been talking to me for an hour, while I was away. He insulted, talked trash, begged, complained, btched and moaned to himself for all that time, thinking I was still playing. So I watched for a few more minutes, then all of a sudden, started playing and the suprise extra nukage took him off gaurd, and I killed him.

He flew into a tyrade calling me a hacker before he got booted. Was hysterical.

SilentMoon
10-06-2005, 16:44
So just to screw with him, I set my character on a buff/nuke macro. Before I did I said "I can keep this up forever, you might as well quit". He replys "OMG FU Noob, u suk, I'll never quit."

Enlighten me, what is this macro you speak of? It sounds very akin to a bot to me... but maybe I'm just ignorant.

Neone
10-06-2005, 18:10
Enlighten me, what is this macro you speak of? It sounds very akin to a bot to me... but maybe I'm just ignorant.

Sounds like a bot to me.

Diceclock
10-06-2005, 18:15
Macro = program that hits keystrokes for you, moves mouse and clicks for you.

It's a dumb program. It doesn't actually "see" the screen, and could never in any concievable way be used to farm. At least my basic free Macro program couldn't. It certainly can't be used for PvP. The only reason I even have it is for other games, namely Shadowbane, where monster-respawn meant you could macro level for hours at a time.

But if all you need to do is hit one key every minute or so, specifically my one buff, then it works great. I've never actually used the macro program in guildwars, but for this one guy this one time. I can't think of how it would ever be useful otherwise.

But yes, calling it a "bot" for that one match is probably acurate. It's not something that's going to win you the Hall of Heroes or anything.

Ragnar Darkan
10-06-2005, 18:20
Everyone else has logged at this point, so I say screw it, leave the macro on, and walk away from the computer. I come back an hour later, and he's still beating on me, even managed to drag me into a corner where I couldn't hit him because a wall blocked me.

Hmm, something that plays the game for you. Def sounds like a bot.

Edit: I dont care how anyone dresses it up.

SilentMoon
10-06-2005, 18:22
Macro = program that hits keystrokes for you, moves mouse and clicks for you.

It's a dumb program. It doesn't actually "see" the screen, and could never in any concievable way be used to farm. At least my basic free Macro program couldn't. It certainly can't be used for PvP. The only reason I even have it is for other games, namely Shadowbane, where monster-respawn meant you could macro level for hours at a time.

But if all you need to do is hit one key every minute or so, specifically my one buff, then it works great. I've never actually used the macro program in guildwars, but for this one guy this one time. I can't think of how it would ever be useful otherwise.

But yes, calling it a "bot" for that one match is probably acurate. It's not something that's going to win you the Hall of Heroes or anything.

I see. Could come in handy in some other applications actually, I should look into that kind of software. :)
And yeah, if all it does is what you say it does then I don't see how anyone could have a problem with that. Thanks for clearing it up. ^^

Diceclock
10-06-2005, 18:39
Anyone remember the Simpsons episode where Homer gains weight so he can work at home? Remember the little birdie statue that swings back and forth, that he places to repeatedly hit the Y key, as he goes to the movies?

Remeber he comes back to an impending nuclear holocaust because his system broke down?

That's about the effect you'll get if you try to do anything complicated with it. So far the only Bot/Macro problem I've seen is the idiots yelling things in town all night. I think that's about as bad as it's going to be with bots/Macros.

These alledge programs that "farm for you", they don't exist, or are wildly over exagerated in their feasablility. Sure you can program a set order of keystrokes to cast spells, but once the mobs are dead, the Macro program won't be able to loot for you, because the loot will be in random places on the screen. Furthermore, the macro program couldn't get you from one mob spawn to the next, because the viewing angle changes to frequently.

Neone
10-06-2005, 18:48
These alledge programs that "farm for you", they don't exist, or are wildly over exagerated in their feasablility. Sure you can program a set order of keystrokes to cast spells, but once the mobs are dead, the Macro program won't be able to loot for you, because the loot will be in random places on the screen. Furthermore, the macro program couldn't get you from one mob spawn to the next, because the viewing angle changes to frequently.

uh, tell that to the Diablo II bots. Good to know that there are bots out there and ppl who use them in PVP. Makes it nice to know they can execute nice combos with split second precision. :) /edit should've been a frown

Diceclock
10-06-2005, 20:09
lol what kind of split second combos can't you manage with your own hands? You can pre-set one spell while another is casting, so I don't really see why you would need a program to hit the key for you.

I'm going to make a new thread on this issue, I'm curios to people's feedback.

JesusAddict3791
10-06-2005, 21:45
I don't remember exactly how long it was, but one time I was in a GvG game that went on for almost two hours. It would have been over pretty quickly, but our guild thief feel through the ground and got stuck. The only person on the other team who wasn't at -60% hid in his base out of reach of the catapult. Since we couldn't get in and he wouldn't come out, the game turned into a waiting match. Eventually, we had everyone on our team freeze and pretend to be afk. Then we had one guy say that everyone else was afk and he had agreed to stay, but he was too bored and he was going to leave. After he left the game, the guy on the other team came up to the wall and started shooting at anyone who was in range of his bow. He barely did any damage with the bow, but after a very long time he was able to kill me and my guild leader. As soon as he got us both, he came out to rez his team mates. We all woke up and he tried to get back in his base, but we just ran in after him when he opened the door. I don't think it's ever felt so good to kill a guild lord.

Neone
10-06-2005, 21:57
lol what kind of split second combos can't you manage with your own hands? You can pre-set one spell while another is casting, so I don't really see why you would need a program to hit the key for you.

I'm going to make a new thread on this issue, I'm curios to people's feedback.

Good luck convincing ppl that it's legit using macros/bots in pvp.

TheGreatDivorce
11-06-2005, 04:36
38 minutes in a Random Arena battle. It was a 2 Monk, 2 Warrior team versus us, a 2 Monk, 2 Warrior team.