PDA

View Full Version : Farming Glitch

ChaoticRain
11-06-2005, 12:06
I was just farming in nolani, (getting char hides to make fur squares) and it was going fine until like the 5th run. After this run, the enemies would drop nothing! I mean absolutely nothing. Not even charr carvings which they dropped like crazy before. No money, no weapons, no nothing. I then tried logging off, didn't fix it. I then tried going to another place, and still the enemies dropped nothing.

Has this happened to anyone else?
If so, what can I do to fix it.

THANKS IN ADVANCE!! :happy14:

shera soulwaker
11-06-2005, 16:59
Yea im having the same problem with my mo/me. I dont get anything anywhere.

Shera

misterc
11-06-2005, 18:43
I'm in the exact same boat.
White Mantle Justiciars in Riverside used to drop badges like crazy, now not a single thing, totally bare.
EVEN FLESH GOLEMS don't drop a single thing, not even gold or anything.
I've been around everywhere in the game with my smiter last night, no monsters would drop any items whatsoever, i thought my character was bugged or something.

ChaoticRain
12-06-2005, 03:25
hmm no suggestions yet? Does anyone know how to fix this??? anyone? :confused: :confused: :confused:

thymonarch
12-06-2005, 07:11
is not a glitch..Anet fixed this the other day..they want you ppl to stop farming

EDIT:

Update Wednesday, June 8

This week, as part of our in continuing promise to keep Guild Wars free of hacks, cheats, and other exploits, we closed the accounts of more than 100 users of bots. With today's update we are taking further steps to address the bot problem. New changes will improve our ability to identify and ban users of bots, rebalance mission areas that were highly exploited by bots, and reduce the overall effectiveness of bots, exploits, and other highly repetitive forms of gold and item farming. We are taking these steps to improve the game for all players, so that people using bots to farm gold cannot generate a huge influx of new gold into the economy, which increases prices for everyone and encourages other players to engage in repetitive farming just to keep up.

We know that some players currently engage in repetitive farming activities for the primary purpose of unlocking skills and items for PvP. Rather than preserving the effectiveness of farming for this purpose, it is our intention to address the larger issue of the need for farming by assessing how players acquire and unlock items, runes, and skills, and then by taking steps to ensure that players can acquire and unlock these things through normal gameplay. We believe that the most effective way to play the game should also be the most fun way to play the game. You can expect to see the first meaningful changes towards this goal next week.

-guildwars.com

Hunter Noventa
12-06-2005, 07:19
Summing that up basically means...you need to rotate your crops when it comes to frming, and don't farm in the same place over and over.

ChaoticRain
12-06-2005, 08:03
Summing that up basically means...you need to rotate your crops when it comes to frming, and don't farm in the same place over and over.

so, does anyone know how many times u can farm in one location before "this" happens? Do you know any way of getting around this? Post some tips please, I'm a fairly noob farmer as i just got droknar's armour a few days ago.

Thanks a lot btw

trowabartan
12-06-2005, 21:15
I think there goal was to stop botting and if it was to stop farming well they went totally too far.

It can affect people who are just exploring and makes it hard to get the hundreds of items needed for crafting let alone any gold to buy anything. Time doesn't seem to matter as I didn't play for 3 days and came back on and I still got no drops whether solo or in a group and didn't matter if I went from ascalon to maguuma to the desert.

Basically we have to hope that Anet will fix this next patch and if not...

ChaoticRain
12-06-2005, 23:26
I don't see what the big deal is about farming anyway. Basically after you ascend (which takes hours and hours) you get to go to droknar's and finally get the ultimate armour. Farming should simply be a new addition to the gameplay that rewards players for their time.

"We are taking these steps to improve the game for all players, so that people using bots to farm gold cannot generate a huge influx of new gold into the economy, which increases prices for everyone and encourages other players to engage in repetitive farming just to keep up." (Guild wars website)

I still don't see why this is a negative thing. Especially since sigils and superior runes cost well over 60 000 dollars. Not to mention storm bows and chaos axes which can sell for over 300 000 dollars.

ChaoticRain
16-06-2005, 21:27
:surprise: w00t
the new update fixes this farming glitch!

http://www.guildwars.com/news/gameupdates.html

trowabartan
17-06-2005, 05:32
Well they just say that they made the 0 drop requirements more harsh for "extreme" farming. It should fix it for most of us but casuals will still run into it, it'll just receive less attention.

They also said vaguely that they made other changes to the drop system but of course no details >_<