PDA

View Full Version : Fissure of Woe/Underworld Virgin

coochie
12-06-2005, 09:09
Planning on making my first run at one of these two places and was looking for some advice. First off which one would you recommend me try first and being a monk/necro which skills would you recommend me bring? Also what should my party consist of? Any input would be appreciated.

Valice
12-06-2005, 09:21
Fissure of Woe is much easier than Underworld, IMO.

Being a monk, you'll be in high demand, so focus on keeping your party alive. You can't bring henches, and most groups will be seeking you out anyway.

davidtann
12-06-2005, 09:23
also try getting them to pay your share and threaten to leave. haha, but yes. fissure is definately way easier

Ragnarok-
12-06-2005, 09:29
In fissure bring your general healing spells, taking quests from NPC's doesn't matter. Killing things is much easier.

For UW bring your healing and a few protection spells like Aegis and Protective Spirit (I think). Do not talk to the NPC's who give the quests until you have cleared the area, and DO NOT TAKE "Unwanted Guests" Quest.

Otherwise, for either of the places, just keep your party alive and don't die yourself. :)

Tall Leprechaun
12-06-2005, 09:30
If it's a smart group, you can try Life/Essence Bond type of thing. Other than that, most of the time they'll want you to heal. Can't do anything about that so Well of Blood/Power might be a good set up too. Mark of Subversion can be great on an enemy Monk.

TheNug
12-06-2005, 09:31
is fissure really easier? in UW all i do is protective spirit the tankers and use aegis if no one has ward against melee. granted i haven't been through a lot of the map, only seen the minotaurs,spiders,phantom things. i would assume that the monsters get a lot harder the further you advance.

Mraezk
12-06-2005, 09:38
It seems like more skill required in finding/building a team with good sensible players in it then there is in actually surviving either zone. Unfortunately I haven't had much luck with this myself, so hopefully someone else can pop up with a few helpful tips on what to watchout for.

The one warning sign I can mention is to beware any groups containing rangers who talk constantly about spiders. :D

serialkiller
12-06-2005, 09:52
also try getting them to pay your share and threaten to leave. haha, but yes. fissure is definately way easier

I laughed out loud :happy34:

Pan Sola
12-06-2005, 09:59
The one warning sign I can mention is to beware any groups containing rangers who talk constantly about spiders. :D

And since my Me/R kept talking about the "black widow" instead of "spiders", that meant I know what I'm doing d-:

coochie
12-06-2005, 10:18
Cool guys thanks for the tips. I was wondering too if the 15k armor crafter in fissure of woe is any better than the droknar's forge armor or is it purely for ascetic purposes.

Galavorn
12-06-2005, 10:38
Personally I find Underworld MUCH easier. You will fight 1 or 2 bladed aaxtes at a time, which is cake compared to a group of shadows. Then there are these octopus things that are like butter.

lred
12-06-2005, 18:52
Personally I find Underworld MUCH easier. You will fight 1 or 2 bladed aaxtes at a time, which is cake compared to a group of shadows. Then there are these octopus things that are like butter.

I've seen more then 1 or 2 at a time, and never mind that they can hit a monk for well over 250dmg per hit.

sly_1
12-06-2005, 20:36
The main thing that kills parties in Fissure is that mark of subversion(?) hex, I think... the one where if you attack, you and any team mates nearby take like 37 dmg. That thing kills a lot of parties down there. Bring hex removal. Monsters also use enchantments so strip/rend/profane etc. is good.

As for uw make sure the group is organized. Lots of enchantment and hex using foes down there as well. plan for that. Go slow and take 1 group at a time. If the war's tank the axe thingies you'll be fine, especially if you have a decent prot monk or a ward ele with you. If your war's don't do their job and the axe thingies get past the front line, kiss your monk *** goodbye. ;)

If need be, it's best for the entire team to sacrifice themselves so a monk with rebirth can escape. dp's don't last long in either area and 1 quest will clear them out completely.

In either area make sure anyone who's NOT a monk understands that if things go south and it looks like the parties gonna get wiped out, monks run in opposite directions toward cleared out areas and the rest of the team stand and fight to the death. Then the monks can just come back and rebirth everyone and you can proceed.

coochie
13-06-2005, 05:41
Thanks a lot for your help guys. I have one final question. I still haven't gotten to the Temple of Ages but i tried once and i got to the sign that says "The temple of ages" but at the building there is no spot to enter. I was wondering if there is something special you have to do to get in. I got there right when I had to go to work so I had to log off. Any help once again is most appreciated.

RiderX
13-06-2005, 07:33
Not to hijack this thread from coochie, but I didnt want to open a new thread with same Topic. I also havent gone into UW or FoW. What skills you recommend I equip for those? I'm a Ranger/Monk.
Thanks in advance!

Tall Leprechaun
13-06-2005, 11:51
Try Concusion shot, trap skills. No pet. Skills that blind them. I'm not a ranger so I can't be more specific.

prosbloom
13-06-2005, 20:23
O God, I have never paid once in Fow or Uw(Im a monk) Its great.

RiderX
14-06-2005, 04:38
Try Concusion shot, trap skills. No pet. Skills that blind them. I'm not a ranger so I can't be more specific.

Thanks Tall. Yeah, I dont have my pet with me since I entered into the Desert. I plan to get one of those UW spiders just for show :happy34:
Trap skills, blind skills got it. How about Poison Arrow? Will it work on those 2 areas (hmm, maybe not in UW but in FoW)?

P.S. Oh yeah, I should have said R/Mo Ascended/Infused (w/all Elites) :happy14:

Fire Childe
15-06-2005, 07:41
In fissure bring your general healing spells, taking quests from NPC's doesn't matter. Killing things is much easier.

For UW bring your healing and a few protection spells like Aegis and Protective Spirit (I think). Do not talk to the NPC's who give the quests until you have cleared the area, and DO NOT TAKE "Unwanted Guests" Quest.

Otherwise, for either of the places, just keep your party alive and don't die yourself.

the first part is not true. an example: the quest from kromil the eternal should not be taken before you kill the dragon liches on the battlefield. why? because accepting the quest before then spawns a huuuge mob of ether breakers and a horribly annoying shadow monk boss that heals the dragon liches making the fight about 10 times harder.

as a general rule though, quests in fissure have less dire consequences to accepting them than underworld does.

in underworld you can screw your whole party's chances of surviving the next 30 seconds if you accept the wrong quest at the wrong time.

underworld quests nearly always do 1 of 2 things:

1) spawn several mobs of monsters

2) trigger a really really bad situation to occur which you must survive or in which you have to keep an npc alive.

unwanted guests is actually quite an easy quest. it just requires patience. and it helps to have cleared the vale shrine so you can teleport to the vale if things go horribly wrong. dryders first. then the keepers. dont ever aggro the aatxes. if you dont aggro them, killing the keepers will also kill the aatxes. sometimes this involves waiting for the aatxes to roam away from the keepers so you can get your ranger to pull the keepers to you. but its pretty easy once you take out the first group. after that you can teleport to the vale. kill the next keeper from behind. and then clear the labyrinth easily since you will be attacking all of the keepers from the rear.

as for which is harder...if you dont know whats going on and you dont know how to exploit the screwy AI of the baddies in underworld then thats definitely the harder area. aatxes will kill you in 1 hit if you odnt have any evasion/protection. smites will kill your whole party in seconds if you all stand still and let balth aura/zealots fire roll. mindblades will put 2 or 3 hexes on all of your party members and degenerate your health and interrupt your spells till you cant do anything. so many hexes its not even worth removing them with single hex strips.

but normally in UW you can lead baddies into choke points and nuke the living daylights out of them with AoE spells.

you cant do that in fissure because alot of the mobs are bigger. they consist of ranged as well as melee baddies and the range of damage type is greater - for instance its common to encounter shadow mobs that deal lots of elemental damage as well as holy damage and physical damage. theres also alot more wide open planes you cant exploit chokes. and you probably wouldnt want to anyway since alot of fissure baddies have nasty ranged and AoE damage spells. additionally, pretty much all the shadow groups at some point will hex you with spiteful spirit. if this is removed they are total cake. if you dont have the hex removal you will suddenly find shadows alot harder because spiteful utterly utterly decimates your party when the hexed party member attacks.

and you just cant screw with the baddie AI in fissure like you can in underworld.

that said, the quests in underworld are alot harder than the fissure quests. some underworld quests are borderline impossible because of the ridiculous situations they put you in. the chaos monument mission for example which spawns a huge mob of dryders and banished dream riders. total: about 50+ creatures you have to deal with without letting the reaper of the shrine die.

How about Poison Arrow? Will it work on those 2 areas (hmm, maybe not in UW but in FoW)?

P.S. Oh yeah, I should have said R/Mo Ascended/Infused (w/all Elites)

in fissure the most enemies you will fight will be shadows. for some reason they cant seem to be poisoned although interestingly they do bleed.