PDA

View Full Version : Rushing through Lornar's Pass

wheel
12-06-2005, 12:45
Hello all there, my name is Slash Dot.

I have been giving people rushes from Beacon's Perch to Camp Rankor or Droknar's Forge for 8K per person. I do these rushes in about 40 minutes, and I expect payment ONLY when we reach Camp Rankor, and then I run you the rest of the way to Droknar's for free, so there is no chance of me scamming you. I would like to offer up my services to GWOnline.net. If you need me to rush you, PM me on here or in game. I may be offline or in a run at the time you message me, but if I am online and in a run I will tell you when I'm doing the next run. If you do not see the need for these runs, then ignore this thread. I do not want to haggle or argue with prices. If 8k is too much, then you have three options: find someone else who will take longer or scam you out of your money, wait until you get 8k saved up and I will take you in 40 minutes, or you can find a group of 5 lvl 20s that are willing to devote 4-6 hours+ to clear the passage for you to go through. I merely want to let you all know that the service is out there, it's been invaluable to many many people.

Slash Dot

Voidtec
12-06-2005, 12:53
Hello all there, my name is Slash Dot.

I have been giving people rushes from Beacon's Perch to Camp Rankor or Droknar's Forge for 8K per person. I do these rushes in about 40 minutes, and I expect payment ONLY when we reach Camp Rankor, and then I run you the rest of the way to Droknar's for free, so there is no chance of me scamming you. I would like to offer up my services to GWOnline.net. If you need me to rush you, PM me on here or in game. I may be offline or in a run at the time you message me, but if I am online and in a run I will tell you when I'm doing the next run. If you do not see the need for these runs, then ignore this thread. I do not want to haggle or argue with prices. If 8k is too much, then you have three options: find someone else who will take longer or scam you out of your money, wait until you get 8k saved up and I will take you in 40 minutes, or you can find a group of 5 lvl 20s that are willing to devote 4-6 hours+ to clear the passage for you to go through. I merely want to let you all know that the service is out there, it's been invaluable to many many people.

Slash Dot

hi. i think your a basterd child. people do this for free.

dont mind me +postcount
forgot to mention i have more posts then you. ok im done :love38:

wheel
13-06-2005, 02:22
Few people do it for free. If someone does do it for free, it will usually take 2+ hours to do. By the way, there's no need to swear or get mad at me. If you do not want to take advantage of the service, don't post. Please don't bother me with petty things like post count means nothing. Who knows if I have 2000 posts at another forum? I may not have many posts at this forum, but that doesn't mean I don't know what I'm talking about.

salaboB
13-06-2005, 02:34
Screw postcount.

I'm not in need of being run, but that sounds like a decent deal (And the time estimate sounds right, as opposed to a 15 minute one someone claimed in a different thread :P). Maybe if some established members on the forums (So we know they're not spoofed accounts :)) take Slash Dot up on his offer, they can let us know that he is as good as he claims...or not as good, either way.

You could have added the fourth option: Wait for the very rare guy who might take you through quickly for free. Then Voidtec would really have had nothing to say.

Of course, I'm still hoping they'll fix Lornar's so there's no way to sprint it (Something so nasty to fight shouldn't be possible to run through), but I doubt that'll happen and certainly unlikely anytime soon.

Jonuss Madrick
13-06-2005, 02:55
How about you enjoy the game instead of rushing to the end. If you want a lvl 20 so bad just make a pvp char.

salaboB
13-06-2005, 02:58
How about you enjoy the game instead of rushing to the end. If you want a lvl 20 so bad just make a pvp char.
He's offering to take people through to Droknar's if they want to. He's not telling you you must take it, and he already is level 20.

Besides, going to Droknar's won't level you to 20, getting rushed to Ascension is what does that.

It's fun beating the game without ascending, you should try it sometime :P

wheel
13-06-2005, 02:58
Screw postcount.

I'm not in need of being run, but that sounds like a decent deal (And the time estimate sounds right, as opposed to a 15 minute one someone claimed in a different thread :P). Maybe if some established members on the forums (So we know they're not spoofed accounts :)) take Slash Dot up on his offer, they can let us know that he is as good as he claims...or not as good, either way.

You could have added the fourth option: Wait for the very rare guy who might take you through quickly for free. Then Voidtec would really have had nothing to say.

Of course, I'm still hoping they'll fix Lornar's so there's no way to sprint it (Something so nasty to fight shouldn't be possible to run through), but I doubt that'll happen and certainly unlikely anytime soon.

They made Lornar's harder so that it was supposedly "impossible" to sprint. But if you want to know that I am for real, add me to friends. I will do a run for you for 5k if you advertise my services by posting on this forum, just letting people know I'm for real.

salaboB
13-06-2005, 03:00
They made Lornar's harder so that it was supposedly "impossible" to sprint. But if you want to know that I am for real, add me to friends. I will do a run for you for 5k if you advertise my services by posting on this forum, just letting people know I'm for real.
Nah, I really have no need of it. Got a few friends that I can go through with in a couple hours fighting (Plus all my characters tend to roam all over the world as ArenaNet has decided you must venture everywhere if you want to collect your skills, sooo...), so it's not really too bad for me timewise if I do decide to go through. I do believe you however, and unless they seriously changed things within the last few weeks it still should be sprintable.

Besides, charging once you reach Rankor is actually more trusting than I'd be if I were doing the runs, and I'd say impossible to scam people with since you'll have already taken them through the hardest part by that point. With the deal you're offering, I'd just recommend people try it out. Unless you suddenly demanded payment in the middle (And if they did, they could just warp out and only have lost 30-40 minutes of game time) you're not scamming, and you're not gaining anything unless you make it through. Good set up :)

Chantal Dubois
13-06-2005, 03:01
Basically, any good guild will help their guildmates get there for free. No reason to rush/pay for rush. Anyways, Wheel, we're not the want-ads, either. :wink2:

J Unit
13-06-2005, 03:03
I ran some people from beacons perch to port sledge today, it took about an hour and a half cuz we had to kill some pesky tundra giants in snake dance :). one membr gave me a superior vigor rune when we got there :D

wheel
13-06-2005, 04:12
Basically, any good guild will help their guildmates get there for free. No reason to rush/pay for rush. Anyways, Wheel, we're not the want-ads, either. :wink2:

I can get u there faster than 99.99% of guilds. plus, ur guildmates could be farming or doing whatever instead of rushing u. it's a good investment. time is money.

wheel
13-06-2005, 04:15
Besides, charging once you reach Rankor is actually more trusting than I'd be if I were doing the runs, and I'd say impossible to scam people with since you'll have already taken them through the hardest part by that point. With the deal you're offering, I'd just recommend people try it out. Unless you suddenly demanded payment in the middle (And if they did, they could just warp out and only have lost 30-40 minutes of game time) you're not scamming, and you're not gaining anything unless you make it through. Good set up :)

thanks! i have one player every once in a while that doesn't pay, but it usually isn't that big of a deal.

Caruvial Swifthand
13-06-2005, 10:16
someone ran my memser that i created today to droknars in less than 1 hr for 15k for 2 ppl, so 7.5k each. i was a lvl 2 roaming around droknars. he also ran my warrior at lvl 13 from beacons to droknars in about 15-25 minutes. hes great. :happy65:

Infoceptor
13-06-2005, 14:36
Doesn't Geo Stigma offer the same service for 5k?

Ryofu
13-06-2005, 15:39
Wheel I will pay you 10k to get my lvl 11 ele to Droknar on the American Server. 5K when we reach Rankor and 5K when we reach Droknar.

Of course once I reach droknar I will post here and vouch for you that you are for real etc.

If you are interested add me to Friend list and msg me

Lady Jeon Ji Hyun

Regards

Geo Stigma
14-06-2005, 07:49
Screw postcount.

I'm not in need of being run, but that sounds like a decent deal (And the time estimate sounds right, as opposed to a 15 minute one someone claimed in a different thread :P).

My 'Droknar Runs' take between 20-30 minutes (on average 20-25 minutes), depending on the spawns. I charge only 5k per person and its payment UPON arrival. Had times where no one paid, but thats the risk I'm willing to take.

domer
15-06-2005, 18:39
A guildmate and I, along with some level13/14s did this last night with a runner named "Mister Te", who charged us 5k, with 1k at snakes, 2k at the Camp, and the final 2k at the forge, and his record time is 25mins! (ours took about 40mins due to him running into bad spawns and getting gangr***ed/stuck in mobs of trolls 2 times)

He was great, and had a very good payment system. I would recommend "Mister Te" to anyone who needs a runner :)

Dupre Ibanez
15-06-2005, 21:22
I can vouch for Geo Stigma. He ran me and 4 others to Droknars in under 30 mins.

Dont know about the other 4 but I was more than glad to pay him the 5k upon arrival.

domer
15-06-2005, 21:39
Sounds good! we should really encourage posts of REPUTABLE runners, as i have personally experienced a few scammers, and its NOT fun...

So far good, quick runners with 5k pricetag:

Geo Stigma
Mister Te

Any others?

Baron LaCroix
15-06-2005, 22:25
It's a fairly decent deal, although I have had people run me for 5k. The issue is that people, being, well, human beings, are impatient and want to get 1.5k armor and Dronkar's skills before getting to Ascention. They can only do this by going through Lornar's pass, and a lvl 12 will not stand a ghost of a chance there.

You may or may not have heard of a warrior monk named Lord Ertihan. In fact, you may even recall that I had attempted to purchase a run from you as a lvl 12 Elementalist Mesmer by the name of Xion Kemvimore (which eventually did not pan out, as your group was full). In any event, As Lord Ertihan I have run, for various friends and guild members, the treacherous Lornar's pass - absolutely free. And it did not take me much longer than a half-hour, if that. I asked around, apparently half my guild was not aware I was offering this service. So if you're a member of a decently sized guild - ask! Just ask the guild officers or leader if there is a designated runner (or runners) that aid members of the guild get to Droknar's. Even if there is no designated runner, most decent guilds pack several warrior monks capable of making the journey.

Here are a few things to be aware of in general, since we're on the topic:

NEVER accept a run requesting money paid "upfront". Any half-decent runner can make it to Dreadnought's Drift, if you have to pay early, pay there. Also, NEVER accept ANY run that requires you to pay the full price before Camp Rankor. Even half-price is risky, but if you're desperate ... anyway the most common scam is that they take your money and log off. Simple as that. And it happens far too often for it to be worth it to chance it.

If you're running, make sure they pay by Camp Rankor. Personally, I would even make them pay at Snake Dance, at the very least half at Snake Dance, as the most difficult part is Beacon's-Rancor, not Rancor-Droknar's. You're paying for Beacon's-Rancor, really, and not the easy walk to Droknar's. Any decent lvl 20 can get you to Droknar's Forge from Rancor, but it takes a good runner to make it through Lornar's. However, given the understandable reticence of run-ees these days, payment by Rancor is acceptable, as long as you're willing to take the occassional leaver who will leave as soon as he appears in Camp Rancor.

This may sound mean and stupid, but some people dont even have the money. It's sad but true, they either say, at the end of the run, "Haha I couldnt pay what you gonna do huh?!!11!!" or else they simply leave. One way to ensure your run-ees can actually pay is to make them show you the fee before the run, so that you can see they actually have enough gold to pay for the journey. However, this kinda thing is not very common, and might make you unpopular among the run-ees, so it might not be a good idea to instantiate it as something you do before every run. However if you suspect the run-ee can't pay, it might be best to ensure that you're right (or wrong).

Free runners are out there, for those not in Guilds, but they are difficult to find. For the most part, people see little reason to run for free, as it's long, hard, and really gets you nothing for it. I, personally, ran only 2 strangers for free (although they did later become good friends) in my entire running career, and I can say that unless you happen to somewhat know the people you're running (talked to them awhile, at least), the run can become a tedious chore instead of an exhilerating experience.

Standing in Beacon's Perch, looking through districts 1 and 2 (two most likely to have runners) and waiting for someone to take you for free is going to take you at least a few hours (took my warrior around 6 I believe). If you ask me, my best advice is if you have the money and want the run, choose a reputable runner and pay the fee. Much easier that way. By the way, I can vouch for Slash Dot as I have met some of his run-ees in Droknar's Forge. And that's another thing, if you ever meet a scamming runner who doesnt actually run, might be a good thing to do to post the sucker's name here so we can blackball him, or at the very least know his character name so we don't ever pay him money for a run.

Zijian
16-06-2005, 12:26
Do add this person.

Graka Ekieron

He's a good runner. Committed and fast, ran me and 4 other guys.

My in game nick is Angel of Precision

kleps
20-06-2005, 06:16
another vouche for geo stigma. the guy is just awesome. half at rankors, half at arrival. as good as advertised, very quick as well.

i'll definitely have him run my next character as well.

Geo Stigma
20-06-2005, 11:06
:P Changed my payment plan once again due to people leaving without paying. The amount remains the same, 5k; however I take half payment upon arrival of Camp Rankor and the remaining half at Droknars Forge.

waiolaz
21-06-2005, 00:03
If you take money at rankor expect at least one non-payer on every trip.

The funniest deadbeat ive come across has got to be this E/Wo who ditched my party after I reached rankor. I then saw him frantically go up to the henches and rush out back to snake dance :lol:

Another thing to anyone at the camp...if you see someone thats not L 20 looking for a group going to the forge, that person is most likely a deadbeat who ditched their runner...don't take them!!!

dk_templar
22-06-2005, 04:03
im up for it wheel..ill prolly be needin one very soon...=D

Shamash
22-06-2005, 23:08
"Supa Dood" is another reputable runner, just ran me a few minutes ago, down to droknars

darkdataflow
23-06-2005, 05:33
This person:

Mon Keyphink

should definitely be added to the list. Plus, he only charges 2k.

Jalim
24-06-2005, 12:24
I'll vouch for Geo Stigma too. Took about 20 minutes, and was amazing to watch.

slashdot
24-06-2005, 21:20
geo is a good guy, as is graka. as for Mon Keyphink and Supa Dood, i have yet to see them run or ask them questions, so i dont know if they're legit or not

EDIT: I have changed my payment plan from 6k due at Droknar's to 6k due at Snake Dance. That way I don't get ripped off, which happens a lot.

Also, "Wheel" is the same person as me. I just changed my name on here to match my in game name.