PDA

View Full Version : Is there a way to do solo duel?

firstwave
13-06-2005, 06:34
Is there a way to do 1 vs 1?

Thx

Glenn_Irving
13-06-2005, 07:46
No...........

Mr Dead Wish
13-06-2005, 10:39

Thx

Afraid not yet :surprise: may come if enough ppl want it :rolleyes:

Satan Minion
13-06-2005, 19:16
Okay, I've been thinking. GvG you get to select your opponents. PvP no... Now why isn't there arenas that you can do this and why isn't there a 1v1/2v2/3v3/yaddayaddayadda place. Because I'd LOVE to take on those people that think they can take me 1v1... ;-)

TheGreatDivorce
13-06-2005, 23:15
Yeah you can 1 vs. 1. Just tell them that you want to 1 vs. 1 someone and they'll usually go for it. I know I like dueling Warriors with my Warrior sometimes.

Zethil
14-06-2005, 07:29
Um, I believe firstwave asked if there is a way to do a 1 vs 1 duel, not if you can do a 1 vs 1 duel. :P

WolfieMcNasty
14-06-2005, 18:47
Your best bet would be unranked GvG, with your co-guildies and his co-guildies just there to watch and cheer (and probably jeer) you on. Not sure how the NPCs work out in GvG if they'd interfere.

KonohaFlash
14-06-2005, 20:35
i personally want a 1vs1 dueling arena. unfortunately "Guild Wars" is more about team competition rather than solo dueling :happy34:

Blood Haven
15-06-2005, 00:41

Thx

sigh...i wish... :(

Hart
15-06-2005, 01:07
This game isn't balanced for 1 vs 1. It wouldn't even be a valid fight - Mesmers and Elementalists have advantages in a 1v1 fight where Monks, Necromancers and Warriors are at a disadvantage.

I really hope they don't implement this as it would unnecessarily discourage new players who lost repeatedly just because of their class selection.

RandomBum
15-06-2005, 05:29
Lol Warriors have a disadvatnage in 1v1? Yea right.

1 v 1 warriors would own all cept anotehr warrior. all spellcasters need tanks to be able to be effective, otherwise warriors will rip them up.

1 v 1 would be cool but it woudl be incredibly unbalanced. It might be fun with guild mates though, just to screw around.

However, here is a way to do 1 v 1. Take 8 people, go to the arena, find an almost empty district. decide whos gonna duel, and then go in. Six of them stand around and do nothing, the other two duel it out, see who wins. I've never tried this, but it could work.

Hunt3r_kill4
15-06-2005, 05:38

1 v 1 warriors would own all cept anotehr warrior. all spellcasters need tanks to be able to be effective, otherwise warriors will rip them up.

1 v 1 would be cool but it woudl be incredibly unbalanced. It might be fun with guild mates though, just to screw around.

However, here is a way to do 1 v 1. Take 8 people, go to the arena, find an almost empty district. decide whos gonna duel, and then go in. Six of them stand around and do nothing, the other two duel it out, see who wins. I've never tried this, but it could work.

Then obviously you haven't seen the full power of Elementalists or Mesmers. A simple empathy would render a warrior useless. Or how about air elementalist combo of knockdown/damage skillls? Not to mention ranger's poison

Dan Warb
15-06-2005, 21:14
An easy way to beat a Warrior 1v1 with a Ranger is;
Cripple/Pin-down, run away, set a barbed trap and stand on it. Then apply kindle arrow prep for +20 fire dmg. Keep him/her poisoned with Poison arrow, and keep shooting at him/her untill they activate your trap. Then run away again while they're crippled/bleeding for 24 secs. Repeat :lol: .

Also, disrupting heal skills for 20 seconds means that 'most' warriors don't stand much of a chance against 'some' Rangers 1v1.

I'd also like to see some kind of 1v1 PvP arena.

Shaka Ali
16-06-2005, 05:27
Simple way to hurt a ranger that just crippled and posioned you is mark of rodgort and a fire wand and watch them burn until your cripple goes away. :)

Jahoclave
17-06-2005, 09:30
Simple way to hurt a ranger that just crippled and posioned you is mark of rodgort and a fire wand and watch them burn until your cripple goes away. :)
Assuming they just sit there for the amount of time it takes you to get the spell off... Or they could just take one of their many nice skills meant to disrupt and hit you with it.

DIEnamic
19-06-2005, 02:12
...... Pacifism Monk.... :happy53:

Creed
20-06-2005, 00:45
It should be implemented. Just so friends could see the way the game works, and how combo'd skill might help in a real fight.

Make it a place after you hit the desert, as not to alienate low level players from their specific classes.

Ever sat and said 'I wonder how this skill actually effects an enemy'. The 1 v 1 arena should be implemented just to allow people to learn how their character would effect another class. Make it a 1 v 1 but you both have to be in the same party before the fight begins.

Overlord
27-06-2005, 19:10
It should be implemented. Just so friends could see the way the game works, and how combo'd skill might help in a real fight.

Ever sat and said 'I wonder how this skill actually effects an enemy'. The 1 v 1 arena should be implemented just to allow people to learn how their character would effect another class. Make it a 1 v 1 but you both have to be in the same party before the fight begins.

Fully agree !!! :happy65:

Nadril
28-06-2005, 02:11
I've 1v1'ed before.

Grab a bunch of guild mates, head over to an international teams / random arena district where no one is at, and join in a group :)

There, you can have some fun with 1v1'ing guildies. Of course, others are there, but you can just take turns with 1v1's lol.

VVild
29-06-2005, 22:11

There are more ways to shut down a warrior than just about anything else. Empathy, backfire for when they try to heal, or a nec/mes using a combination of those +10 degen? When the war tries to remove hex, backfire kicks in for 100+ damage. They don't remove it, they take 20 hp per second. There are just so many things. Imagine a r/w with heavy stances and psn/bleeding? The war would never get a hit in and would get leeched to death long before ranger runs out of energy. Knockdown warrior you say? There are only two skills that a warrior can use to knock someone down without hitting them; earthshaker and counter blow. Nobody uses counter blow, and earthshaker would just get them on the ground for a couple of seconds (I'm pretty sure stances stay active even if you are on the ground, correct me if I'm wrong). This is why ATM warriors are best used as a real good support, and to disable characters that cannot really fight back (Monks, distance casters/spikers).

FreeDumb
01-07-2005, 11:30
i personally want a 1vs1 dueling arena. unfortunately "Guild Wars" is more about team competition rather than solo dueling :happy34:

While that is true, I don't think it would cause harm if Anet put in a 1v1, just for the sake of testing out builds and settling disputes. But, obviously, if you could select an opponent I suppose no faction from 1v1 would be needed.

Rizzy
02-07-2005, 20:25

Cant believe I missed this...
You like any other bone headed warriors who think spell casters are squishy... might think even worst of a spell caster with a sword maybe true, but you'd seriously get owned by me as much as any other warrior.

Akisame Kiyoraba
04-07-2005, 01:07
Warriors may seldom take more than 10-20 damage from melee damage, but they are deadbait for magic, especially hexes and curses. I think i learned my lesson not to use frenzy when i have empathy and price of failiure stacked onto me. Of course, that wouldn't stop me from dueling casters anyways.

GW is one of the games where in fact, casters are very much the opposite of squishy. It can be more difficult to kill a protection/healing monk than it can be to kill a warrior without focus fire casting, and thats not an option while solo. Mind you the monk probably couldn't hurt the warrior back, but in any case, in some random arenas when i've used a monk, i've had a disorganized team with a sword warrior with no interupts trying to kill me for the entire game, never worked.

nikylee
05-07-2005, 14:10
i would be great on 1v1

arredondo
05-07-2005, 18:57
As a caster that specializes in embarassing warriors mono y mono, I invite any challengers to die by my hands at the international district of Droknar's Arena. Don't forget to bring plenty of spongy bandaids and lame excuses.

The international district allows pre-planned 4x4 groups to fight each other more often, so if you get around 8-12 people there, its all unofficial 1v1 goodness until the sun comes up. Most of us cooperated in pure 1v1 action this past early Monday morning (on the 4th of July) from 2AM to 5AM. Some of the best fun I've had in the game so far. The smack talking is INSANE. :cool: