PDA

View Full Version : R/E or E/R?

steele
15-06-2005, 03:37
just wondering :happy34:

Dzjudz
15-06-2005, 03:55
I'm E/R, because I like the energy storage better than the expertise. Also, the only Ranger attribute I use is Marksmanship, and Ele attributes Air (or Fire, depends on situation) and Energy Storage.

Interlude
15-06-2005, 03:56
just wondering :happy34:
Play them both?

TheQuickness
15-06-2005, 04:02
Rangers primary attrib I dont find too usefull unless you plan on spamming poison arrow on the whole other team all game. at lvl 12 it halves the cost of ranger skills. So if you plan on using many ele skills you may want to play E/R. But you you plan on spamming the ranger skills for energy robbing, DoT, and spread dmg Id go R/E.

neoflame
15-06-2005, 04:16
Rangers primary attrib I dont find too usefull unless you plan on spamming poison arrow on the whole other team all game.
This is what happens when ANet puts Poison Arrow, and just Poison Arrow, as a spammable Ranger skill, in front of people who have little to nil experience playing a Ranger. :/

A lot of Ranger marksmanship skills have, at max, a 10-second recharge - Barrage, Concussion Shot, Hunter's Shot, Penetrating Attack, Power Shot, Savage Shot, etc. Ranger skills tend to be overpriced; thus Expertise. If you intend to spam damage skills as a Ranger, Expertise is critical... or I suppose you could use Energy Storage, but you'd run out of energy fairly quickly if you're shooting most of the time.

s p i r i t u a l
15-06-2005, 04:18
i perfer E/R

because of energy storage, meteor (and meteor storm) and all the other ranger skills i normally use that doesnt require expertise

Zero
15-06-2005, 04:31
Depends on the build really. If your going primarily ranger skills i'd go primary ranger for expertise and visa versa for the Ele.

Hart
16-06-2005, 01:47
R/E or E/R?

No, thanks. I'd rather pick up that 5th monk or 4th W/Mo.