PDA

View Full Version : Alternate...INFUSION

Ryld Baenre
15-06-2005, 06:32
Well I searched the forums and found nothing on this so i htought i might put this in here. Im not exactly sure if this is where it goes but owell.

Today well doing my daily skill capping run in mineral springs i came across an alternate way to infuse your armor. There is an ice cave in the mineral springs and if you clear your way through it to the back you can kill the squid thing and bring the remains to the seer and get your armor infused without doin the mission.

I thought this was kinda neat and have never heard ANYONE talk about it so i thought i would share.

Cheers,

Ryld Baenre

wolfgar
15-06-2005, 06:36
There was a post on this very forum about that same infusion area. I wanna say that it was about 3 weeks or so ago. I'm sure that not all of the ppl here read it so thanks for the refresh of info.

GADefence
15-06-2005, 06:41
There used to be a way to infuse in the Ring of Fire mission when you could only get 1 infusion a run. I'm not too sure, it might also be there right now.

And the mineral spring one is freaging hard to do.

Cantos
15-06-2005, 06:44
I got to that cave in Mineral Springs, but apart from a statue of Lyssa and some fake teleporters, it didnt have anything or lead anywhere? Did I miss a passage?

GADefence
15-06-2005, 07:05
I got to that cave in Mineral Springs, but apart from a statue of Lyssa and some fake teleporters, it didnt have anything or lead anywhere? Did I miss a passage?

The cave to the secondary infusion is behind the status of lyssa. Ther's a path leading up from the side of her to a cave behind her. A snow beast lives there, as well as a lot of angry Shadows. ^.^;

Zalis
15-06-2005, 07:07
Thanks for the tip, abbil. I hadn't heard that before.

I'll keep it in mind in case I feel like being a glutton for punishment. (I haven't stepped foot in that area since grabbing the skills I needed) :)

Ryld Baenre
15-06-2005, 07:58
Nice name man... :surprise:

But anyway......the cave isn't the hardest to clear and it's actually alot of fun clearing that whole region. The passage goes up the left side of the cave and I can see how it cold be missed because the group i was with didn't see it either. I actually think that going through the springs is a little easier then the mission even though people run it all the time.

MrScythes
15-06-2005, 08:15
The bonus of the first mission on the ring of fire is still a way to infuse. Not much use doin' it nowadays.

GADefence
15-06-2005, 13:56
Considering the armor bonus is "Weaker", it could be a cool feature for the game if that every extra infusion gave you a bonus to protection. (three layer coat, so to speak)

You do the infusion in the game, layer 1. Fairly decent protection (you're not really meeting the Murssat for a while in any major fashion anyway)
You do the Mineral Spring infusion, layer 2. Good protection, but not perfect.
You do the Ring of fire bonus, layer 3 (or 2, depending). Great protection, like the old stuff.

No more grinding, no more infusion runs, same armor level.

Ele Slayer
15-06-2005, 14:01
i get all my peices infused before i move on