PDA

View Full Version : Very Creepy Creature in Ashford Abbey

Diana Shan
16-06-2005, 03:10
I was in pre-searing last night, walking past Ashford Abbey, when I happened to peer through the gates to look upon the statue of Dwayna within (the blue glow is so puitty).

I was shocked to see a green ghostlike creature floating behind Dwayna. I quickly hopped into town to get a closer look, but it wasn't there.

When I asked the guys in town what it was, they all insisted that it was the Avatar of Dwayna, but it isn't. I know what the avatar looks like. It doesn't look like a green undead creature...

If anyone else can see this, let me know. Everybody seems to think I'm hallucinating...

Wytethorn
16-06-2005, 03:16
You probably saw a ranger or necromancer boss. Bosses have auras that denote what profession they are. A sickly green denotes necromancer and a brighter green is ranger. When viewed from far away, sometimes only the aura is visible but not the creature's body itself, thus you see a weird green outline. However, by the time you moved there, the boss probably had moved a little further and hence completely out of sight: not even the aura is visible.

Diana Shan
16-06-2005, 03:17
Here's a picture of it:
http://img294.echo.cx/img294/7663/gw0156cp.jpg

P.S. Thanks for investigating for me and taking the pic, DarkerFate!

Diana Shan
16-06-2005, 03:18
You probably saw a ranger or necromancer boss. Bosses have auras that denote what profession they are. A sickly green denotes necromancer and a brighter green is ranger. When viewed from far away, sometimes only the aura is visible but not the creature's body itself, thus you see a weird green outline. However, by the time you moved there, the boss probably had moved a little further and hence completely out of sight: not even the aura is visible.

No, it's INSIDE Ashford Abbey. And I could get quite close. It's not a boss creature. See what I mean? Nobody believes me.. :confused:

superowner
You put this in the roleplay site kara made also didn you?

SinFiery
I dont think there are bosses in pre-searing

Diana Shan
16-06-2005, 03:19
You put this in the roleplay site kara made also didn you?

Yes, Suprowner. Hi. I frequent both the gwrpa and this site.

Valice
16-06-2005, 03:19
there are bosses presearing...at least there are charr bosses over the northern wall.

CharonMelkor
16-06-2005, 03:20
I have seen this entity a few times before myself, and I also went to check it out, but wasn't there when I entered the abbey. I was thinking it was maybe because the region I play in had the favor of the gods, but then I got to thinking that if that was what it was, why doesn't the ghost show up when I'm in town? Its pretty strange...

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/carbine997/ghost.jpg

Diana Shan
16-06-2005, 03:21

There actually is one green Charr boss in pre-searing (excluding North Wall areas). And no, that thing in the pic is not him.

Horus Vindictive
16-06-2005, 03:21
from what i remember theres 1 boss in pre-searing you see when you help devona do the grawl mission.. she even says -whats a charr doing south of the wall?- and hes a ranger (green) charr guy.. but he walks off.. and its east of ashford so no idea how you get that pic lol kinda crazy

Seoul ja
16-06-2005, 03:27
If I recall, that green thing is a boss that you'll have to fight as part of your attribute quest far into the game. It could be a different one, but this one looks oddly similar.

gismo
16-06-2005, 03:31
It is predator. The Charr made some statues out of sticks to look like the alien. I've yet to find the alien but you sir have found the predator. :clap:

katyn
16-06-2005, 03:35
I have no idea what that thing is. I'm guessing it's some ghost or spirit. Try holding down alt or ctrl and see if there's any name for it. BTW there is another boss in pre-searing Ascalon. Given that im the only nutbag in the whole gw community who's explored the whole of the catacombs, I have seen a boss down there. I have no idea what his name is, (seeing as i've forgotten) but he's lvl5 and like any other boss he grants a 2% morale boost.

hysterisch
16-06-2005, 03:35
I'm with Seoul ja on this one. I just finished the attribute quest last night where you fight the "Souleater" (forgot actual monster name) Sanyi turns into. Your pic looks really really close to that.

Lana Skyeyes
16-06-2005, 03:36
never saw it myself but then i never looked. that is kinda creepy though. if it wasn't a game i'd suggest calling the in the Ghostbusters.

Have fun on Tyria people, take care :thumbsup:

Diana Shan
16-06-2005, 03:40
Hmm. Then what's it doing in pre-searing Ashford Abbey? Also, I wonder if its always been there, or is a recent addition. Iím surprised no one else has noticed it before.

mezu
16-06-2005, 03:50
There called banshi's they appear multiple times in the game and theirs a whole quest dedicated to killing some banshi's in the fissure of woe.

Silvares Deathgaze
16-06-2005, 04:30
well i did see it, just about now i went there to take alook and it sure is there

L_Jonte
16-06-2005, 04:47
There called banshi's they appear multiple times in the game and theirs a whole quest dedicated to killing some banshi's in the fissure of woe.

Well, the traditional banshee (bean-sidhe) is/was a harbinger of death. This banshi appearing in pre-searing just before everthing goes kerplunk could be for similar reasons.

Azriel Darksong
16-06-2005, 04:53
It is predator. The Charr made some statues out of sticks to look like the alien. I've yet to find the alien but you sir have found the predator. :clap:

Actually "The statue of sticks" the charrs made are Titans. You'll get to see them once you waaaaaaaaay far ahead of the game.

neongrey
16-06-2005, 04:58
I remember the boss in the catacombs. I was so mad, too, because I got all the way there, thinking I'd find Oberan the Reviled at the end of that corridor, but all I got was the boss.

And then I got the quest that pointed me right to him. Bah, I say. Bah.

Sclopper
16-06-2005, 05:24
I have no idea what that thing is. I'm guessing it's some ghost or spirit. Try holding down alt or ctrl and see if there's any name for it. BTW there is another boss in pre-searing Ascalon. Given that im the only nutbag in the whole gw community who's explored the whole of the catacombs, I have seen a boss down there. I have no idea what his name is, (seeing as i've forgotten) but he's lvl5 and like any other boss he grants a 2% morale boost.

no your not the only one i kill him all the time when im bored.

Chyra DeathBlade
16-06-2005, 07:21
Pictures of your banshee are here (http://www.maj.com/gallery/Martian/GuildWars/gw099.bmp) .

Its indeed a banshee...or the wailing lord, found in FoW.

MM

Silver Friar
16-06-2005, 07:27
I remember walking up to that statue and reading it then some ghost appeared infront of it :O unsure if it was this one but I think I was able to target and was able to talk, but alas it was probably just something different

ScotiaAudrin
16-06-2005, 07:50
I remember walking up to that statue and reading it then some ghost appeared infront of it :O unsure if it was this one but I think I was able to target and was able to talk, but alas it was probably just something different

Something else weird happened to me today in that ashford area as well.

Ive never seen it before but it was Sarah.. Gwens mother. I SWEAR TO GOD. I went to go grab gwen cause i wanted them to meet eachother. And when i came back she was gone. And i got screen shots but im not posting cause i have noplace to store them on the net.

But she was talking about some woman and how her two kids were sick and the husband ran off. I also think there is something strange to do with that bunny rabbit up on the cliff above ashford but i havnt figured it out yet.

Mgzkun
16-06-2005, 08:11

Ive never seen it before but it was Sarah.. Gwens mother. I SWEAR TO GOD. I went to go grab gwen cause i wanted them to meet eachother. And when i came back she was gone. And i got screen shots but im not posting cause i have noplace to store them on the net.

But she was talking about some woman and how her two kids were sick and the husband ran off. I also think there is something strange to do with that bunny rabbit up on the cliff above ashford but i havnt figured it out yet.

post it at www.imageshack.us

better be quick :mad:

cuz I really want to see it :happy05: :happy05:

wolfgar
16-06-2005, 08:11

But she was talking about some woman and how her two kids were sick and the husband ran off.

when i started my monk up the other day and i was in pre-searing i saw sarah down by a res point the little villiage by the abbey and she said the same however i did have gwen with me and nothing happened. i clicked on them both and did everthing short of running around naked by them to get a reaction but alas nothing happened:(

ScotiaAudrin
16-06-2005, 08:47
when i started my monk up the other day and i was in pre-searing i saw sarah down by a res point the little villiage by the abbey and she said the same however i did have gwen with me and nothing happened. i clicked on them both and did everthing short of running around naked by them to get a reaction but alas nothing happened:(

*sigh* That... sucks... *ponders* A LOT.

Maul Junior
16-06-2005, 11:42
lol...

the devs are probably messing with us...:D

Scyfer
16-06-2005, 14:23
Definitely not a boss (it's inside a town for god's sake :P). Looks like a ghost to me :)

A couple of things - there is also a (permanent) ghost like creature standing around Sardelac Sanitarium's statue (is this the same place? it might be) in post-searing. Could be related, but post and pre searing locations are a bit whacky.

Cantos
16-06-2005, 14:43
Pictures of your banshee are here (http://www.maj.com/gallery/Martian/GuildWars/gw099.bmp) .

Its indeed a banshee...or the wailing lord, found in FoW.

MM

You know how to upload images and retext URLs, next you need to learn image compression!

ReZon
16-06-2005, 16:25
Hmm. That's awesome! (both Gwen's mother and the banshee critter in Ashford).

Now if we could just know what they were doing there ?

Nice screens though :happy34:

Navarian
16-06-2005, 16:50
Not sure on what that thing is but when you have the favor of the gods and kneel in front of a statue a spirit appears that you can click on and buy things like courage and something else I can't remember. The spirit from the statue by yaks bend looks like a wraith/grim reaper so who knows. Very strange happenings back in good ole pre-searing.

xrathus
16-06-2005, 17:12
For what it's worth, I saw that same ghost thing in Post-Searing after I defeated "a monster" for the second set of 15 attribute points. I'll post the picture later when I'm at home.

Lestat Requiem
16-06-2005, 18:11
I think its the whilling lord of the fissure of woes ^^ he got exactly the same skin and the same height ... maybe in pre searing he was here ^^

xrathus
17-06-2005, 21:27
For what it's worth, I saw that same ghost thing in Post-Searing after I defeated "a monster" for the second set of 15 attribute points. I'll post the picture later when I'm at home.

I've looked at the other pictures on here and it's the same, so I won't bother - but I do wonder why it keeps popping up in all these various places?

dakonthedestroyer
17-06-2005, 21:35
It looks like one of the things you fight in the catacombs... I know ive seen it somewhere i just cant remember where....

Xiux X
19-06-2005, 09:30
Probably evil gwen messing with your head again. Maybe its her future ghost? She really freaks me out.... in presearing if you have her follow you but walk into a city and then walk out again, you'll notice that gwen starts out as some weird glowing rock and uncurls into herself.... Someone also said that as a dev joke, they put in the grave of Gwen's mother is somewhere in presearing, if you take her there, she pulls an excorcist and spins her head around spewing poison. I never trusted her again after she fried me after a beta.

MisterP
19-06-2005, 09:49
Wow, that's pretty creepy looking. Does look like a banshee to me, though, and the banshees being harbringers of detah works well ... haven't seen Sarah, though ... I don't have any characters in pre-Searing. Might have to remake a low-level and check it out.

Rancid Hate
19-06-2005, 10:31
lol u can allt ell what time it is

and i am tired but imust check this out!

Mr Panda
19-06-2005, 12:33
Definitely not a boss (it's inside a town for god's sake :P). Looks like a ghost to me :)

A couple of things - there is also a (permanent) ghost like creature standing around Sardelac Sanitarium's statue (is this the same place? it might be) in post-searing. Could be related, but post and pre searing locations are a bit whacky.

Sardelac Sanitarium is i think ashford abbey post searing, so it would tie in.

Scyfer
19-06-2005, 12:40

Yeah that's what I was assuming too, but so many things shifted around post-searing that I wasn't sure.

Anyway, interesting :) I like unknown stuff like this & hope it eventually has a bigger purpose or a story tied to it.

Selena Neferisis
19-06-2005, 13:37
Nice catch. That is the Mragga creature I'm sure of it. I'll post a screenie soon.

Morkins the Monk
19-06-2005, 15:18
Ok i think it is just a scenery type thing the abbey is basically a graveyard so maybe a lost soul

Sudhendra Vahl
19-06-2005, 15:29
I've seen Sarah a couple of times but never managed to get Gwen to her (I was hoping Gwen would just... go away). Never seen that green thing before though ~ I'll have to have a look next time I'm pre-searing

SkarjakTheFoul
19-06-2005, 15:59
Never saw Sarah... how do you know she is Gwen's mother, did Gwen ever say her mother was named Sarah? I have no clue since I never made Gwen follow me (annoying little...).

By the way, that might be useless information, but there are creatures called "Wraiths" that look exactly like this in the black curtain, except they are physical. What I mean by this is that they are not ghosts, their hands and head are bony and they have a black robe full of holes (they look kinda cool).

Warskullx
19-06-2005, 16:58
That is the same model/graphic used for the bashees in fissure of WoE and the boss of the final attribute point quest.

bearsfwd
19-06-2005, 17:29

But the ghost isn't permanent. It is automatically out when you have the favor of the gods. But if you don't, it's not there. That's how all town statues are...except the Statue of Melandru in the Serenity Temple...you actually have to kneel for that one to appear.

Ksteun
19-06-2005, 17:44
how do u find gwens mom??? do u have to find her walking around???

Rekit
19-06-2005, 23:17
But the ghost isn't permanent. It is automatically out when you have the favor of the gods. But if you don't, it's not there. That's how all town statues are...except the Statue of Melandru in the Serenity Temple...you actually have to kneel for that one to appear.

Actually none of the Avatar/Ghosts come out 'automatically', if you zoned into a town and the ghost was already 'out', just means someone did the /kneel routine before you got there is all... Serenity Temple is usually rather sparsely populated, hence the need to do the /kneel yourself...

The only 'automatic' Favor-related event I've seen is the statues 'lighting up'... Balthazar's flames, Grenth's frost, etc etc... bit of a visual indicator if your world currently has Favor, very handy when you find those scattered few statues in the wilderness, helps decide if you really want to take on that mob of 10 to get past to the statue... no 'glow' = no Favor = no need to risk certain death :uhhuh:

Canadian Bacon
21-06-2005, 05:46
That ghost thing is cool. I havnt seen it myself, but those pics of banshees seem to be rpetty damning evidence. I have seen sara, but she wouldnt talk to me. Have any of you been to the hippy village near barradin estate?

(by hippy village, i mean a few trailor-home things, some Ascalon Peasants, children, and a merchant)

bearsfwd
21-06-2005, 14:38
Actually none of the Avatar/Ghosts come out 'automatically', if you zoned into a town and the ghost was already 'out', just means someone did the /kneel routine before you got there is all... Serenity Temple is usually rather sparsely populated, hence the need to do the /kneel yourself...

The only 'automatic' Favor-related event I've seen is the statues 'lighting up'... Balthazar's flames, Grenth's frost, etc etc... bit of a visual indicator if your world currently has Favor, very handy when you find those scattered few statues in the wilderness, helps decide if you really want to take on that mob of 10 to get past to the statue... no 'glow' = no Favor = no need to risk certain death :uhhuh:

Really? Never even noticed :lol:

Nyl
21-06-2005, 23:09
I also think there is something strange to do with that bunny rabbit up on the cliff above ashford but i havnt figured it out yet.

I tried to charm the rabbit with my Ranger, but it says "Invalid spell target." Too bad; it would have been a hoot to have rabbit as a pet.

Maybe the rabbit is Gwen's pet, although I've taken her up there and she doesn't react to it...

-Neil

Nyl
22-06-2005, 17:02
I noticed last night that the ghost in Serenity (Dwanna?) was level 30!

-Nyl

someonesomewhere
22-06-2005, 22:48
I have just noticed it too i saw it with my own eyes i will soon post a screenshot wait a moment

someonesomewhere
22-06-2005, 22:54
ok got it http://myfilestash.com/userfiles/th3archiv3/1.jpg u see it? u cant see the ghost thing inside town but u can outside ... strange...

someonesomewhere
22-06-2005, 22:56
but it looks very simaler to the banshee....... what is it doin in ashford... glitch maybe?

meraynjel
01-07-2005, 02:32
Ashford Abbey Creature - http://www.lv-426.ca/images/gw352.bmp

Mragga (Last 15 attribute quest) - http://www.lv-426.ca/images/gw391.bmp

Mragga - http://www.lv-426.ca/images/gw392.bmp

They look pretty identical to me.

Arutima
03-07-2005, 06:54
sarah stands next to the rez point in ashford , pre searing.. she's not always there, thought

Ubermancer
05-07-2005, 11:26
I have heard that the tapestry shred, something you get for finishing lal gwen's quests, is related somehow to her mother.

Then again, I have heard that the earth is flat from a very, very convinced person, so dont take what Ive heard too seriously.

CasperX
06-07-2005, 16:53
It would be VERY cool if someone figured it all out. I mean, what if the guy (or gal) who discovers it, will get something special! I will investigate right away! http://forums.gwonline.net/misc.php?do=getsmilies&wysiwyg=0&forumid=126#
Cool:cool: :cool:

Sadow
06-07-2005, 17:21
I am pretty sure it is a simple malfunction. (Possibly some kind of placeholder until they made an actual model for it.) If you look closely by the church, you should see Mhenlo there, as well, instead of the normal Meerak. (As it was way back when in beta.)

NO TACT
06-07-2005, 20:09
Ashford Abbey Creature - http://www.lv-426.ca/images/gw352.bmp

Mragga (Last 15 attribute quest) - http://www.lv-426.ca/images/gw391.bmp

Mragga - http://www.lv-426.ca/images/gw392.bmp

They look pretty identical to me.

Which Attribute Quest is that and where is it?

djxiii
07-07-2005, 19:03

The first time I was in the Serenity Temple with my Mo/Ra I knelt in front of the statue just because it seemed appropriate and lo and behold! I thought that was pretty darn cool really. A nice touch. I make a point of kneeling for a moment anytime I pass that way.

I wish they had a /pray emote that would leave you in the kneel position until you chose to rise. Or even an active prayer emote of some kind. I'm sure the Wayne's World fans would love a "we're not worthy" style :worship: emote. I'd rather have a simple contemplative kneel, or a lotus position... hrm... I need to suggest this in the other thread!

KhnumFX
10-07-2005, 00:45
The quest that meraynjel was talking about is the one tha Vanyi in Droknar's Forge give u. Though you can not get this quest unless u ascend. Vanyi asks you to find her sister and she is right outside Copperheadmines "Frozen Forest". she makes u follower right fighting through shadows and stone summit to a corner pretty close then she changes into the monster you saw in the pictures, and if u already did the 15 att quest in the Crystal Desert this will give u ur last 15. Good luck and good hunting.

terakhan
18-07-2005, 09:25
for anyone not wanting to click a link, here is the clearest shot I could get of the Ashford ghost/banshee/thing. It is definitely not a mragga, like was posted above. This thing seems more humanoid, versus kind of a predatorial frame the mragga seem to have. And of course, the mragga are red, and this is green.
http://www.geocities.com/traviswrdunbar/ashford_ghost_sighting.JPG

Dyzfunctioned
18-07-2005, 10:20
Looks identical to the forest banshees found in fissure.

KhnumFX
18-07-2005, 22:19
First Mragga is NOT red. The person that looks like a bloodswarm turns into to it. If people are not sure if they are the same or if they just want to know. Ascend, get the last 15 att pointís quest go to Copperhead mines and do the quest. U can decide for yourself. They may not be the same creature, but FOR SURE they look exactly alike.

Ladygirl
19-07-2005, 07:24
spooky........

*shivers*

SolisDF
20-07-2005, 06:16
Could it be that the ghost/banshee/thing is just a placeholder for the av of Dwayna from beta (assuming you could at some point do the /kneel bit in pre) that later was forgotten about? Would make sense that it's just re-used monster art since it wasn't intended to be permanent...

pale mamba
20-07-2005, 07:01
Theres an undead warrior boss in the catacombs, near that guy that gives the necro curses quest. Its pretty deep into the combs, tok me about an hour to fight through all the undead to get to him. Damn if i only had my cap sig, i coulda capped...WILD BLOW ! WOOT j/k He seriously is there tho, lvl 5 i believe and he's a warrior boss.

Guts Deathrage
29-11-2005, 19:29
Yeah, theres the warrior boss in the catacombs you can kill and the 4 charr bosses over the wall...you get to kill the ranger boss when you cross over to post. That thing most certainly looks like the thing you kill for the 15 attribute quest after acension.

Looks just like em...
Let me out!!! (http://www.endyshouse.com/misc/games/gw/letmeout.jpg)

Tiarhys
30-11-2005, 11:30
There is Doomtooth, ranger boss u fight in end of Pre-searing. 3 charr bosses in the north.

And...

There is also a lvl5 Skeleton boss in the catacombs called Skullreaver. hes a warrior boss. I saw him first hand when my lvl7 ranger could not kill him, because his Health is regenerating constantly. So, all in all, 5 bosses in pre-searing.

Sicarius Antigonus
01-12-2005, 16:46
its a banshee. i can tell you about it, but you probably wouldnt beleive me.

in the salt flats (i think its called that) in the desert. i was attacked be gwen, she was carrying an eternal sheild and a fiery dragon sword and casting meteors on me.

i have asked about, and no one else has experienced this. but she kept crying, 'MOTHER, MOTHER, ITS HERE, ITS HERE'.

another weird thing happened. when u fight sanyi, after i killed here. gwen or someone in a red cape ran past the mountain, but disapeared.

so i can only asume that that creature in ashford is her mother looking for gwen.

its hard to beleive i know

Ubermancer
01-12-2005, 16:47

ANTIGONUS. Sounds alot like antagonist.

The Dawn Raven
01-12-2005, 17:53
It could be Mragga because on the quest rewrad Sanyi says her father (who was in ascalon's finest)took her into the mountains to avoid the charr invasion (before you did) and came across mragga at some point, who devoured his soul, or some unoriginal thing. Mragga now forces Vanyi to lead adventurers to Mragga so he can eat their souls, and pretends to be Sanyi to lure them away from safety.She sends you to the desert ghosts for you to gain strength in the hope you will kill Mragga.If you kill Mragga his aura outline stays in teha ir and never fades, it looks just like this creature. :happy65:

big big hans
02-12-2005, 14:40

in the salt flats (i think its called that) in the desert. i was attacked be gwen, she was carrying an eternal sheild and a fiery dragon sword and casting meteors on me.

i have asked about, and no one else has experienced this. but she kept crying, 'MOTHER, MOTHER, ITS HERE, ITS HERE'.

another weird thing happened. when u fight sanyi, after i killed here. gwen or someone in a red cape ran past the mountain, but disapeared.

so i can only asume that that creature in ashford is her mother looking for gwen.

yea yea and one night in my sleep jesus told me to build a hut to fit all his pies in, he said he needs them to save the dinosaures., lol i dont belive u, is pretty hard to belive

Sicarius Antigonus
02-12-2005, 23:35
It could be Mragga because on the quest rewrad Sanyi says her father (who was in ascalon's finest)took her into the mountains to avoid the charr invasion (before you did) and came across mragga at some point, who devoured his soul, or some unoriginal thing. Mragga now forces Vanyi to lead adventurers to Mragga so he can eat their souls, and pretends to be Sanyi to lure them away from safety.She sends you to the desert ghosts for you to gain strength in the hope you will kill Mragga.If you kill Mragga his aura outline stays in teha ir and never fades, it looks just like this creature. :happy65:

yeah thats aboot right :D

big big hans
03-12-2005, 01:38
lets ask the DEVs

The Short Asain Kid
03-12-2005, 21:37

next time that happens to you, get a screenshot. I'D LOVE TO SEE SOMETHING LIKE THAT. maybe you could uncover a GREEN WEAPON OF GWEN'S......LOL

liamSlayer
03-12-2005, 23:25
that would be so funyy

The Short Asain Kid
04-12-2005, 02:48
it could be like
Gwen's Fiery Dragon Sword of Whining
20% +Damage (with a Flute in your inventory)
+45 Health (with a Flute in your inventory)
Shouts effects last 20% longer
11-21

:lol: :lol: i make myself laugh!

the true gangster
04-12-2005, 05:19
I remember reading the green ghost [maggra] has been viewable from riverside country (or whatever) inside ashford abby since beta

SKULLMAN
16-01-2006, 17:16
i word .... "bug"

Fownkaymownkay
16-01-2006, 19:35
WIIEERRD! I have never noticed that before! How strange..

FM

Gangrel
17-01-2006, 00:38

Yeah I saw that too!! But i've smoked too much that day... :cloud9:

SolisDF
17-01-2006, 03:07
Why on earth do people insist on bumping this topic with inanities... it's almost half a year old, people! I mean, I haven't been here in months and I just got an email notification that someone REPLIED to this topic :shocked:

DaGuHxD
17-01-2006, 04:29
Wow, Guild Wars is still a mystery. I still gotta explore pre-searing. I didnt know there was a warrior boss in catacombs.

Thkz for info. :happy:

What is the tapestry shred for from gwen ????

Still a mystery :undecided:

Xandlyn
17-01-2006, 05:05
What is the tapestry shred for from gwen ????
Still a mystery :undecided:

Yup and it will remain a mystery. At least from what I've read from gaile they haven't really discussed anything about gwen in the second chapter. So all we can do is wait.

I ended up tossing the shread/cape/flute out because it was taking too much inventory space. If something ever gets implemented with them I can always pick them up again. That's why I love this game. :wink:

GammaRay
17-01-2006, 05:41
Man, I remember the first time I saw Sarah. I freaked.

I was just out exploring, enjoying myself. And I wandered down into Ashford, and all of a sudden an NPC came running right at me. I thought it was trying to kill me, as I ran around like a chicken with my head cut off, and Sarah chased me for a good while.

Freaky stuff, man. Never seen that banshee critter though...it seems to wander, as all the pictures show it in different spots. Monsters have been known to come running through portals. See if you can target it through the fence next time it shows up...you can often target NPCs standing on the other side of portals.

Grayden
17-01-2006, 13:29
What a mystery:laugh:

Come on Gaile....any explanation for this? We are all intrigued :fortuneteller:

BodomSaint
17-01-2006, 14:29
My guess is that it's Maggra. Why it's there and not in the Southern Shiverpeaks and how it got there remain open.

...maybe it's just a bug. Maybe this model used to be a spaceholder for other models and this particular one was forgotten?

big big hans
17-01-2006, 14:59
i think its a banshee, dictionary says its a spirit who wails to warn of impending death, ascalon gets burnt later so lets conclude by saying this is a bug or maybe ANET r very smart...the end

Ahastar Darktalon
17-01-2006, 14:59
Nah, I don't believe in such bugs, not in a high class game like GW. A dev crew that pulls out a free update like SOF doesn't do a bug like a .... mysterious creature standing at the Statue of Dwayna in the Abbey.

There *is* something behind that :fortuneteller:

ExcessSaibot
17-01-2006, 15:08
I was just looking through the factions preview on ign when I noticed something in one of the screenshots.
Look in the bottom right. Look familiar?
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3350/bansheegw4eo.jpg

gragman
17-01-2006, 16:10
I was just looking through the factions preview on ign when I noticed something in one of the screenshots.

Well spotted. Perhaps we are being invaded by Chapter 2 characters.

Just found this in the Community Discussion Forum:

http://forums.gwonline.net/showpost.php?p=3865685&postcount=26

ExcessSaibot
17-01-2006, 19:13
I'm thinking they might be the ritualist's spirits. The way they're chained to the ground by their hands and transparent.

The Experimentor
18-01-2006, 09:40
No offense meant, but I'm honestly very surprised you guys are so mystified by the pre-searing ghost in Ashford Abbey.

I agree with all those who call it a "banshee". You have to keep in mind that Ashford Abbey is actually a graveyard. Those are tombstones and headstones around and behind Dwayna's statue. Ascalon's soldiers and kings are buried there. That's why the Catacombs are next to it. It's no surprise to find a ghost or banshee there.

Also, those aren't ghosts who pop out when you kneel before the statues of the gods. Those are their divine servants (no wonder they're all level 30): the Avatar of Dwayna, the Voice of Grenth, the Muse of Lyssa, a Spirit of Melandru. The only ghosts perhaps are those of Balthazar, his Champions, who are warriors so highly regarded by Balthazar he has given them a sort of immortality. You can find them in the Fissure of Woe, or so I'm told.

Lastly, Sarah is the town herbalist, something Gwen mentions when she rambles. You can find her in the small valley next to Ashford.

Zii The Mad
18-01-2006, 14:17
No offense meant, but I'm honestly very surprised you guys are so mystified by the pre-searing ghost in Ashford Abbey.

I agree with all those who call it a "banshee". You have to keep in mind that Ashford Abbey is actually a graveyard. Those are tombstones and headstones around and behind Dwayna's statue. Ascalon's soldiers and kings are buried there. That's why the Catacombs are next to it. It's no surprise to find a ghost or banshee there.

Also, those aren't ghosts who pop out when you kneel before the statues of the gods. Those are their divine servants (no wonder they're all level 30): the Avatar of Dwayna, the Voice of Grenth, the Muse of Lyssa, a Spirit of Melandru. The only ghosts perhaps are those of Balthazar, his Champions, who are warriors so highly regarded by Balthazar he has given them a sort of immortality. You can find them in the Fissure of Woe, or so I'm told.

Lastly, Sarah is the town herbalist, something Gwen mentions when she rambles. You can find her in the small valley next to Ashford.

Thank you! :flowers:
Now can we please never bump this topic again.
There are no completely implemented "mysteries" in GW at the moment.

Joh
18-01-2006, 18:23
Now can we please never bump this topic again.
There are no completely implemented "mysteries" in GW at the moment.
Except of course the Tapestry Shred and the bunny. And Gwen's broken flute. :rolleyes:

Mashus Altorus
19-01-2006, 12:43

Its F.E.A.R all over again!!!! *hides under chair*

Mashus Altorus
19-01-2006, 12:48
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/3350/bansheegw4eo.jpg
spooky very spooky and notice they are fighting a flying dragon (wyvern maybe?)+O:fortuneteller:

Saime
19-01-2006, 15:13
I got some close ups of the guy, looks like hes wearing a divine symbol or something...been "studying" him for a while, but hes verrry mysterious...

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/424/strangecreature0017fz.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5540/strangecreature0022fb.jpg

big big hans
19-01-2006, 15:59
I got some close ups of the guy, looks like hes wearing a divine symbol or something...been "studying" him for a while, but hes verrry mysterious...

http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/424/strangecreature0017fz.jpg

http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/5540/strangecreature0022fb.jpg

omg its jesus!!, lol why we still talkign about this its like 6 month old

Saime
19-01-2006, 20:25
people like speculation, and it seems as if an explaination is quite near, considering the creature has been seen in faction screenies and stuff...and whats wrong with a little specualtion..it doesnt hurt you does it?

btw, does anyone have a clue why he suddenly had a divine symbol?:huh: ..

Dude, that wyvern ..WOW:shocked: ...im seeing forward to fighting that critter:rolleyes:

UUHHWTF
20-01-2006, 02:42
It's a glitch. The monster inside is called a banshee and it's only fightable in the UW and FOW.

NuclearDope
20-01-2006, 10:17
It's a glitch. The monster inside is called a banshee and it's only fightable in the UW and FOW.

...and the 15 attribute quest..

basblast
21-01-2006, 17:04
looks just like the ritiualist spirits

jackwooly
22-01-2006, 14:25
Yeah it is, maybe ritualist spirits are banshees? I don't really know I don't go to the UW and FoW often.

Doyle
23-01-2006, 00:06
looks just like the ritiualist spirits

I noticed this as well as soon as I created a ritualist. Looks like was something they'd been playing with and left hanging around.

Zii The Mad
23-01-2006, 12:42
Except of course the Tapestry Shred and the bunny. And Gwen's broken flute. :rolleyes:
Notice the word "implemented"? Gwens quest isnt implemented, the devs admitted that earlier...

pcarribeanleinad
27-01-2006, 00:28
http://www.guildwars.com/gallery/gwscreenshots/gw084-lrg.html
i found the picture of this at the offical guild wars site. it is supposed to be of the faction

MaximusOwnage
27-01-2006, 03:26
The "ghost" looks exactly that of what sanyi morphs into.

The Experimentor
27-01-2006, 16:11
Yeah it is, maybe ritualist spirits are banshees? I don't really know I don't go to the UW and FoW often.

Oyoyoy... :rolleyes:

Please note that ghosts and banshees fall under the classification of "spirits" in general, and that Ritualists bind spirits to do their bidding.

So it's no surprise if the banshee of Ashford and the minions of Ritualists are cut from the same cloth...

EvilChookie
28-01-2006, 22:37
I was playing my new character, and getting a bit of lag. I walked into Ashford Abbey - but I wasn't put in there straight away.

So I checked out the green thing, and thought I'd share the screens:

http://img464.imageshack.us/img464/8196/greenthing11rw.jpg
http://img400.imageshack.us/img400/1017/greenthing23kv.jpg

Links should be right now.

Barinthus
29-01-2006, 22:17
Dang, now I wish I have an available slot so I can check out pre-searing area and see if they made any other changes.

Ekrin
30-01-2006, 01:21
Dang, now I wish I have an available slot so I can check out pre-searing area and see if they made any other changes.
Same....That thing looks sooooo weird.. it looks similar to the rit spirit except minus the chains...and maybe a little less mad...more sad looking.

terakhan
01-02-2006, 03:00
Try this theory:

Vanyi, as I recall, says her father was killed by it when he came into the shiverpeaks, where it also enslaved Vanyi later.

Notice the Mragga, as its called later, is a lot bigger.

Imagine, this thing admits to feeding on the energies of strong people (being why Vanyi chooses your party to go see it).

What if the smaller version is the Mragga's younger self. Sitting nice and happy in Ascalon, picking off the occasional Vanguard who got careless. Then the searing hit. The people of Ascalon scattered, and its food supply diminished. It follows one particular meal to the southern peaks where it sets itself up a little scam with Vanyi to be fed regularly. Between the dwarves and adventuring humans questing to save the world, it now has a steady food supply again.

Haradrim
02-02-2006, 09:46
Has anyone even pondered yet whether or not thats the Wailing Lord.. he is pretty undead and likely managed to survive presear only to take refuge in FoW..

------

I'm 98% sure that's the wailing lord..

The Ze
02-02-2006, 17:47
Here's a picture of it:
http://img294.echo.cx/img294/7663/gw0156cp.jpg

P.S. Thanks for investigating for me and taking the pic, DarkerFate!

I have seen it to in Iron Mines I think it's a bug that spirit shows up in towns(it's a Ritualist Spirit)

Uda Duno
14-02-2006, 13:10
I started a monk this last weekend and when I was walking by the fence to the
Abbey I remembered this thread. I stopped and wow there it was. A guild member started a new char also, took him out the gates and showed him. He was, well for him, amazed. But then tried to explain it away. Don't know what it is but it was still cool to see for self what all the talk was about.