PDA

View Full Version : Wats the best secondary to follow with a mesmer.....mes/???

uhoh
16-06-2005, 06:27
currently i have a mesmer warrior and use illusionary weaponary wat works great but im wondering wat u think is best cause i die a lot

DIEnamic
16-06-2005, 12:29
Try the search button....

DaFrozenFlame
16-06-2005, 13:54
recently fought some Rezmers with illusionary, was annoying :(

Rizzy
16-06-2005, 14:37
currently i have a mesmer warrior and use illusionary weaponary wat works great but im wondering wat u think is best cause i die a lot
I'm sorry to say this, but you suck then.

The key point of being a Mes Warrior is to do DPS damage, not tank.

I'm a mes/w and totally unable to heal myself, coz my stats have been set out for all offense and only 1 defensive skill, distortion.

How I stay alive?

I learn when to use sprint to run away instead of charging to the nearest support class.

showme
16-06-2005, 16:36
I'm sorry to say this, but you suck then.

The key point of being a Mes Warrior is to do DPS damage, not tank.

I'm a mes/w and totally unable to heal myself, coz my stats have been set out for all offense and only 1 defensive skill, distortion.

How I stay alive?

I learn when to use sprint to run away instead of charging to the nearest support class.

Why are all your posts either telling someone they suck, saying how you hate this or that or just being rude in any way possible? Does it boost some virtual ego or something?

TW III
16-06-2005, 16:55
Why are all your posts either telling someone they suck, saying how you hate this or that or just being rude in any way possible? Does it boost some virtual ego or something?

I can't imagine why someone playing an IW build would tell someone else he sucks either.

dirtycash
16-06-2005, 18:46
I can't imagine why someone playing an IW build would tell someone else he sucks either.

Ahahaha, thank you for that one. I almost spit out my Mini-Wheats.

I tried to talk sense to the IW users in the Mesmer forum too.

TW III
16-06-2005, 19:52
Ahahaha, thank you for that one. I almost spit out my Mini-Wheats.

I tried to talk sense to the IW users in the Mesmer forum too.

Yeah I just saw that thread. Funny stuff.

cyrce
16-06-2005, 21:46
Yeah I just saw that thread. Funny stuff.

Funny in the, "I can't think outside the box" kinda way?

TW III
16-06-2005, 22:25
Funny in the, "I can't think outside the box" kinda way?

I played both a Ran/Mes IW and a Mes/War IW so I know what I'm talking about. Both are awful in organized pvp. The Ran/Mes is an even worse build than the Mes/War is.

cyrce
16-06-2005, 22:39
I played both a Ran/Mes IW and a Mes/War IW so I know what I'm talking about. Both are awful in organized pvp. The Ran/Mes is an even worse build than the Mes/War is.

Heh, playing a class combination hardly makes you an expert.

TW III
16-06-2005, 22:46
Heh, playing a class combination hardly makes you an expert.

If you want me to point out why your build sucks I shall do so tomorrow.

cyrce
16-06-2005, 22:53
If you want me to point out why your build sucks I shall do so tomorrow.

I think you misunderstand me. I understand the flaws. Fully aware of them. I embrace them. I work with them. If you are going to give me some sort of hands on demonstration, it'd be totally biased. You'd go into the match knowing and exploiting my build, and I'd go into the match knowing and exploiting your knowledge of my build. My main point is this. If you have half a clue at strategy and putting skills together there are no bad builds, only bad players.

TW III
17-06-2005, 13:20
I think you misunderstand me. I understand the flaws. Fully aware of them. I embrace them. I work with them. If you are going to give me some sort of hands on demonstration, it'd be totally biased. You'd go into the match knowing and exploiting my build, and I'd go into the match knowing and exploiting your knowledge of my build. My main point is this. If you have half a clue at strategy and putting skills together there are no bad builds, only bad players.

Of course there are bad builds. If you want some advice on yoru build:

The IW build I use is actually R/Me.

Illusion: 12
Wilderness Survival: 12
Rest into Beast Mastery

SKillset

IW (For the weapon, duh)
Barbed Trap (Kind of a nice backup in case you get in over your head)
Troll Unguent (Self heal)
Bestial Fury (Surprise dps increase)
Storm Chaser (Access to/away from target)
Illusion of Weakness (Failsafe heal)
Swap Slot (Usually conjure phantasm/hex removal)
Rez Signet

I basically play the character as a marauder, going for weakened or softer targets and regrouping if the going gets hot

Cyrce

First flaw: It's a Ran/Mes. You won't be able to use headgear and a superior Illusion to increase the damage of your IW. You'll forever be dealing only 31 (iirc) damage a second when using tigers fury, which is not a good amount of damage for a damage dealer. The pvp mode in this game is about spike damage, killing fast and dealing damage fast.
Now let's talk about your skills:

Barbed Trap: Since you use no expertise you spend 15 energy for a skill that totally doesn't fit into the build. I'm guessing you just had a slot free and threw it in.

Troll Urgent: Self Heals are bad in pvp with little exceptions, a Ranger definitely not being one of them since they're usually targeted last or 2ndlast after the warriors.

Tigers Fury: Decent skill, I used it too on my R/Mes IW.

Storm Chaser: Ranger version of Sprint. Nothing really bad to say about this except that the energy gain from it doesn't matter

Illusion of Weakness: A weird version of a self heal. I already explained why self heals aren't that great. If you use it to counter enchantment removal you have to think about that Rend Enchantments is the best and most commonly used Enchantment Removal skill. It'll remove 3 enchantments with only very few points in curses and almost all of the Ele/N air spikers you see use /n only for this skill.

Res Signet: Nothing to say 'bout it.

With a build like this you're good at nothing. You only deal below average damage, you can't bebuff, you cant play the anti caster or supporter and you can't help your team mates survive either.

Benkus
17-06-2005, 13:53
With a build like this you're good at nothing. You only deal below average damage, you can't bebuff, you cant play the anti caster or supporter and you can't help your team mates survive either.

True. Better concentrate on one goal, leave the healing out, let the monks do that. Ah, well, just do try-outs in the arena's.

Back to the first question.
I use a mesmer / elementalist. (No IW, just don't like that). The elementalist is mainly for the signet of energy. Both illusions and domination spells maxed, rest in fast casting. (3)
Backfire, Energy burn, empathy, shatter enchantment, powerspike, conjure phantasm, phantom pain and the glyph of energy. Deadly.

First i had a mes/monk, but i learned that i ran out of mana real fast, so loose the rez ability, and gain a energy booster.

Furthermore i think a mesmer needs as many energy pips as possible, so avoid the +energy items with a -1 to energy recovery.

Ow, one last thing, i tried the domination, inspiration combo, together with monk, but that is mainly against casters, less random. (more effective against casters, true, but the above build is descent to all, exept rangers with their troll unguent... bleh)