PDA

View Full Version : "When enchantment ends..."

gwjag
17-06-2005, 12:26
When the description of an enchantment states:
"When the enchantment ends, <<this and that happens>> ..."
- does that mean, if the enchantment is broken by another skill like "Smite enchantment" (cast by enemy) or "Contemplation of purity" (cast by self), <<this and that>> happens anyway ??? Or is the "End-effect" also broken?

roguebanshee
17-06-2005, 14:52
If Illusion of Weakness is shattered then you get the heal. The same seems to be the case with Blood Renewal and Aura of the Lich.

gwjag
17-06-2005, 20:05
And how is it with Wastrels Worry? It states that enemy suffers damage after 3 seconds. If he uses a skill, WW ends prematurely. Does that mean, he prevents the damage by using a skill or does he just take the damage earlier?

And what if WW is shattered before 3 secs? Does that prevent the damage or will he just suffer earlier?

Herthbul
17-06-2005, 21:39
Wastrel's damage is dealt when the skill ends after 3 seconds. If it ends before, the damage isn't dealt. So if the target uses a skill (using a skill ends Wastrel's) or if the hex is removed before the 3 second timer is up, no damage is dealt.

And an enchantment or stance is ended when it is either removed, if you recast it, or if it ends due to a duration or a special condition. Recasting Battle Rage for instance still causes you to lose all of your adrenaline, it just resets the timer.

gwjag
18-06-2005, 04:38
I dont like that... :(

But thx for the info!!!

roguebanshee
18-06-2005, 04:53
Wastrel's damage is dealt when the skill ends after 3 seconds. If it ends before, the damage isn't dealt. So if the target uses a skill (using a skill ends Wastrel's) or if the hex is removed before the 3 second timer is up, no damage is dealt.
Wastrel's Worry does deal damage if the target uses a skill before the timer is up. At least that's how it works when the Avicara mesmers use it.

Herthbul
18-06-2005, 06:40
If that was the case, then every Mesmer would be using it as it would be around a 50 damage skill every 3 seconds, or basically a -8 hp pip skill. But I'm pretty sure you're mistaken (no offense meant of course).

gwjag
18-06-2005, 12:21
If u havent checked it out urself, Im pretty sure that it will do damage!

Because its what mesmers do typically. They try to prevent you from using your skills.

And I guess damage is so high, because it deals damage after 3 seconds and it can be broken before that.

If thats the case, then it is a pretty good spell!
Otherwise its crap, because it would be to easy to prevent the damage. 3 seconds are a very long time, even if u mess with a mesmer... ;)

---

Btw: how do I use the smilies? Every time I click on them, nothing happens, but the screen jumps to the top again.