PDA

View Full Version : Was PVP'ing... new way to do 1v1 duels lol

Lust Faeriefire
20-06-2005, 02:22
So I was in a regular 4v4 PVP match, when the opposing team asked our team if we wanted to try 1v1 duels... we weren't sure what they meant so they explained it to us...

Basically, the two teams stand on opposite sides of some area, and send in 1 player at a time to duel 1v1. The rules are pretty simple, no interference from other party members -- ie no healing from the monks :P

So each team stands at a side, and they both vote to see who should face who (so its at least decently fair... warrior vs warrior, etc)

It turned out to be pretty fun, with lots of laughs from both teams, and we agreed to meet in Team 4v4 so we could keep doing it... it was great!

I thought this would be a one-time thing, but the next random pvp game I joined, this team had the same idea. I think people are starting to catch on to it, but... as usual, there are always some people who play the jerks. ie, run in while both teams are watching the 1v1 duel, and interfere.

So after more of this '1v1 dueling' I was playing, I noticed a new rule coming out... if a player runs in to interfere, all the remaining players from the oppositite team are allowed to run in and attack that jerk of a player. IF that player tries to run, his team will just run away from him so that the other 3 players from the opposing team can chase him down and kill him, thus getting rid of him. Then, the 1v1 duels just start over lol...

well, just wanted to share this... its a good way to kill time and adds a nice twist to pvp matches :)

Feynt
20-06-2005, 02:27
Sounds good. I wonder if A.net will catch on and put in 1 on 1 duel arenas? Perhaps with an audience of players to watch the match while they wait for their turn? >D

iOsiris
20-06-2005, 08:34
Sounds good. I wonder if A.net will catch on and put in 1 on 1 duel arenas? Perhaps with an audience of players to watch the match while they wait for their turn? >D
One on one duels are not very balanced I don't think..

TheNug
20-06-2005, 09:00
all about fun, i could care less about balance :)

Vault Dweller
20-06-2005, 11:43
all about fun, i could care less about balance :)

One of the most true and fantastically thought-out comments I have heard in all my years of playing MMO's.

In fact, I think Cidem has managed to capture the essence of what makes any MMO great in one all-encompasing sentence. AMEN TO THAT!

Vault

Rekiem
20-06-2005, 12:08
Let me guess, you guys are W/Mo right?

Vault Dweller
20-06-2005, 12:35

What the hell kind of a comment is that?

DarkWax
20-06-2005, 12:46
Hi,

could think of being it a lot of fun facing a WaMo with my NeMe 1v1 ;-)))

But may be a litte time consuming ...

Have fun!

Lucille Drako
20-06-2005, 18:28
why not have all team members not fighting sit on the ground in a big circle around the two duelists? (sitting means you can't cast spells or attack surreptitiously, and you'd get a better viewpoint)

TheNug
20-06-2005, 20:44

hmm... the fact is warriors might be the ones at most disadvantage in 1v1. i play all classes :)

Lust Faeriefire
20-06-2005, 22:36
why not have all team members not fighting sit on the ground in a big circle around the two duelists? (sitting means you can't cast spells or attack surreptitiously, and you'd get a better viewpoint)

haha yeah that'd be nice, just dont get hit by AOE by accident lol :)

Svenn
21-06-2005, 01:30
hmm... the fact is warriors might be the ones at most disadvantage in 1v1. i play all classes :)Agreed, especially W/Mo's that are dependent on their healing skills. I 1v1'd a W/Mo in Arena last night and took him down with a low-damage caster-interrupter build (Ranger). I took away all his energy within about 10 seconds and kept him under 5 (well, he didn't cast any energy skills, at least) the rest of the time. I used Whirling Defense once at the beginning of the fight but didn't need to renew it once it was recharged. I just kept interrupting his higher damage skills and whittled him down to nothing, while applying the occasional Troll Unguent to stay over 75% health.

This wasn't the first time that a W/Mo has gone down 1v1, either.

Samra
21-06-2005, 02:21
I have an Ascended PvE W/Mo and I think my E/Me would totally destroy her in a 1 vs. 1 duel.

With Armor of Earth the E/Me could last for a while, and the DPS on all those short range Fire spells (Inferno, Lava Font, Flame Burst) is really high when you keep spamming them. Empathy would be a nice addition too.

I have the feeling the Warrior would run out of health before my E/Me ran out of energy.