PDA

View Full Version : Killer-Build??? Necro-Monk / Monk-Necro - Kamikaze-Henchies...

gwjag
20-06-2005, 13:33
Could this work? In theory, that seems very easy to me...:

Monk-Necro (or vice-versa):

Corpse Explosion
Death-Nova
Animate sth...
Balthazars Aura
Judges Insight
Heal Other
Vengeance
Resurrection

You take some henchies with you (no healer!)
Once you spot enemies, cast death nova, balthazars and judges on close-fighters and attack, so your party attacks. Then immediatly retreat, so your party fights without you and you can watch from safe distance.
Once sby takes huge damage, (re)cast death nova (if necessary).
When sby dies, cast Corpse Explosion (Putrid Explosion?).
Then you can cast Vengeance and Death Nova from safe distance and so on...

Once everything (including allies) is dead, revive all allies, animate lots of undead and search more enemies...

Is that as easy as i imagine???

And - if Im the only surviver - will I get more XP and all loot???

How many times can I let die+explode/animate my henchies? Is there a cap or sth?

Rangers Pet can only be used once in this manner!
If it dies a second time, it refuses to explode, dammit ^^

A henchy that is resurrected with the signet, can explode a second time!

Any suggestions?

P.S.:

I already started this thread as a poll in the Necromancer-Section. But I think its better here and doesnt need a poll anyway. Just wanted to test this poll thing... :uhhuh:
So if u have to delete one of the threads, plz kill the Necro-one ok?

Mr Dead Wish
20-06-2005, 13:51
Could this work? In theory, that seems very easy to me...:

Monk-Necro (or vice-versa):

Corpse Explosion
Death-Nova
Animate sth...
Balthazars Aura
Judges Insight
Heal Other
Vengeance
Resurrection

You take some henchies with you (no healer!)
Once you spot enemies, cast death nova, balthazars and judges on close-fighters and attack, so your party attacks. Then immediatly retreat, so your party fights without you and you can watch from safe distance.
Once sby takes huge damage, (re)cast death nova (if necessary).
When sby dies, cast Corpse Explosion (Putrid Explosion?).
Then you can cast Vengeance and Death Nova from safe distance and so on...

Once everything (including allies) is dead, revive all allies, animate lots of undead and search more enemies...

Is that as easy as i imagine???

And - if Im the only surviver - will I get more XP and all loot???

How many times can I let die+explode/animate my henchies? Is there a cap or sth?

Rangers Pet can only be used once in this manner!
If it dies a second time, it refuses to explode, dammit ^^

A henchy that is resurrected with the signet, can explode a second time!

Any suggestions?

P.S.:

I already started this thread as a poll in the Necromancer-Section. But I think its better here and doesnt need a poll anyway. Just wanted to test this poll thing... :uhhuh:
So if u have to delete one of the threads, plz kill the Necro-one ok?

Hmm save distance 3 miles?
NPC have a tendency to pass the first Fighters, try playing a real monk you notice it.

And if you play Necro monk there is a much easier solution:

Animate .....
Heal Party
Heal Other
Healing Breeze
Veranta's sacrifice
Well of Blood
Well of suffering
Rebirth

And you can stay in the middle of the action :surprise:

Well look at the Spells and what they do you probally figure the Idea Out yourself

gwjag
21-06-2005, 01:11
Nice :)

Thats better. I was thinking about how to make the monsters stay in the Nova/Explosion-radius anyway. But using summons and wells instead is a good idea. And you send in the henchies again and again for new corpses?? I like that!

And thats a lot of wells, too ;)

- Whats the effect radius of the wells?
- How far away from the corpse can you stay to cast them?
- And whats the radius of soul reaping?

I only have a Ranger-Necro. But I guess its time for real Necro... :D

gwjag
21-06-2005, 13:29
But the problem with this build ist - u need corpses first, and the wells and summons take too long to cast. So if you stand against a stronger group of monsters, you wont have enough time, right?

You can cast Death Nova before a fight. And Putrid Explosion doesnt take long (1 sec). Maybe this is better:

Death-Nova
Corpse Explosion
Animate sth
Well of suffering
Well of Blood
Heal Other / ...
Verata's sacrifice
Rebirth

I know that you can use the same corpse for 2 skills, like explosion and animate. Can you still use it for all the other skills, too? So - once a henchy dies with death nova, you can first cast corpse explosion, then the wells, then animate - all on the same corpse...?

Rynas
21-06-2005, 21:43
No, you can only exploit a corpse once. Unless they've changed it in the past few weeks, you can't Putrid Explosion + Animate from the same corpse. You can Death Nova + Putrid/Animate/whatever from the same target, though, since Death Nova technically isn't exploiting a corpse, it's enchanting a living ally.

gwjag
22-06-2005, 13:05
I tested it with Stephan, the Fighter-Henchy. I cast Explosion and then Animate on the same corpse and it worked.

But maybe it only seemed so and there was another corpse around. Would be a stupid system anyway. Once it is used it should be used and not be able to be used again...

I will test again...

Mr Dead Wish
22-06-2005, 13:17
Verata's Sacrifice:
Description: Sacrifice 15% max health. For 8-18 seconds, all undead allies gain 10 health regeneration. All conditions are removed from those allies and transferred to you.

Should give you plenty of time activation is 2 secs.

Beste way is stay close to the fighting cast well as soon as a enemie or Hench is down. folow up with well off sufering.

Animate Undead when possible keep them alive with Veranta's sacrifice.

The wells of Blood should be sufficient to keep you health up.