PDA

View Full Version : Lornar's Pass team! (and exploring/UW/fissure)

SoliS
20-06-2005, 18:41
Why have I made a thread?

because pickup groups are (a) full of morons, (b) have no strategy or listening skills (c) are not committed to go ALL the way, and (d) lack diversity and planning.

I am here because I want to go through Lornar's Pass with a bunch of people who wont fit a, b, c, or d up there and want to do it too. While we're at it we can go to rankor, marhans, and granite citadel too.

Right now, I am a trap/well of power R/N.

we need:

1. R/N trapper/wells
2.Warrior/tank (axe/sword)
3.Warrior/tank (hammer)
4.Necro or Mesmer (interrupts, caster shutdown, etc)
5.Elementalist (preferably AoE or single target nuking)
6.Ranger (bow) or 2nd Ele (warrior shutdown, so a water ele would be good)
7.Healing Monk
8.Protection Monk

We may want another healer (2) depending on how many chars are 2nd monk with self prot/healing

other classes are open here if they perform the basic duties of one of the roles listed. i.e. we can have a monk smiter in the elementalist slot if you can do the same job as an aoe ele.

I'm usually on in the evenings, eastern time, or late at night. we need a dedicated group that can hook up, use tactics. we will be starting on the south end, working north. Please, all level 20s, have decent armor too.

after lornars pass, we can do the UW. some build changes may be needed--i.e. more healing/protecting and perhaps another tank. I'm not sure.

anyone interested, please post any builds you would like to be on this team.

LIST ALL SKILLS, YOUR ROLE (healing, tanking, nuking, etc), and any OBSCURE SKILL COMBOS you may use. i want to know what we have here, so it can all be pulled together into one coherent team that can do lots of stuff.

scamPOR
22-06-2005, 12:44
I'm down for lornar's to droknar

20 e/mo

I'm fire atm, and basically only pack heal area (or a heal spell) and res from monk

12+1 fire / 7-8 (forgot exact) e-storage / rest healing

just hit 20 I have zero elites, almost all fire, and a few scattered others.

ign: lady gwendelyn

Available most of today (weds 22nd). thursday after ~7

Dunno work schedule for new job... so dunno when I'll be online

Also my GF gets the game soon, and would like to be (need to be) included somehow a bit later on. (she's lvl zero atm :D )

firstwave
22-06-2005, 19:18
hey sign me up!

Xsi Dreadstorm <---name

W/Mo20. I use Axe/tactics/healing. I think I can tank pretty well with 3 stances = 75% evade + healing etc. I just beat the game and discovered most places. But I cant got to Rankor yet.

I have my last final exam today and i'll be playing about 5 hours after this post. msg me and we can do w/e. Cool

Xsi Dreadstorm <---name

SKILLS: I usually pack Gladiator's Defense for tanking, but I also could use Eviscerate for damage and deep wound. I also use cyclone axe + live vicariously for healing etc. I have most of my elite skills. All I know is healing hand now :)

Necro Idol
24-06-2005, 04:02
I'm up for it as well. I've been trying to get into Dreadnaught's Drift for quite a while so I can capture Feast of Corruption but I always end up getting wiped out when entering from Snake Dance.

I am a Lvl 20 (510K xp) Necro/Mo and I focus either on Death or Blood. For this trip I would bring lots of Death Magic. Level 18 Bone Fiends are a great asset going thru Snake Dance (which is quite long). Also... Dreadnaught's has lots of baddies that like to create their own Bone Fiends. I would take either Putrid Explosion or WoB to take as many corpses from their availability as possible. I would back up my Death skills with some very handy Blood magic (Life Transfer or Well of Power) to help keep me alive and lessen the burden of that task from the Healer(s).

IGN = Necro Idol

Edit: For UW and Fissure I normally spec all Blood and bring Blood is Power which all the casters greatly enjoy. Life sucking skills, Well of Blood, Rebirth all get good use in FoW and UW.

scamPOR
24-06-2005, 04:25
I'm up for it as well. I've been trying to get into Dreadnaught's Drift for quite a while so I can capture Feast of Corruption but I always end up getting wiped out when entering from Snake Dance.

I am a Lvl 20 (510K xp) Necro/Mo and I focus either on Death or Blood. For this trip I would bring lots of Death Magic. Level 18 Bone Fiends are a great asset going thru Snake Dance (which is quite long). Also... Dreadnaught's has lots of baddies that like to create their own Bone Fiends. I would take either Putrid Explosion or WoB to take as many corpses from their availability as possible. I would back up my Death skills with some very handy Blood magic (Life Transfer or Well of Power) to help keep me alive and lessen the burden of that task from the Healer(s).

IGN = Necro Idol

Edit: For UW and Fissure I normally spec all Blood and bring Blood is Power which all the casters greatly enjoy. Life sucking skills, Well of Blood, Rebirth all get good use in FoW and UW.

Necro if your still interested I would be willing to make an attempt this weekend. I'm PST and my AIM sn is wake1er. Anyone else interested please post up. I have only just made it to the desert, but I have the 51 armor collector armor (with one bought piece cause the leg collector armor was only 39 :( wtf right? ) anyways let me know.

Necro Idol
25-06-2005, 00:49
The best time for me would be Sat or Sun evening. I'll be home alone and won't have to deal with any distractions. If we can't do it this weekend I'll just work on getting my monk ascended and thru fire island. I live in Hawaii so I think I'm 3 hrs behind you. As always... my IGN is Necro Idol.

Necro Idol
25-06-2005, 00:57
Necro if your still interested I would be willing to make an attempt this weekend. I'm PST and my AIM sn is wake1er. Anyone else interested please post up. I have only just made it to the desert, but I have the 51 armor collector armor (with one bought piece cause the leg collector armor was only 39 :( wtf right? ) anyways let me know.
Additionally, I would HIGHLY recommend completing both of the 15 attribute point quests prior to our venture into Lornar's Pass The added 30 points will come in extremely handy and could mean the difference between success and yet another addition to the long list of failed attemps to pass through this area. Also... you will REALLY need those point if/when we enter FoW or UW.

scamPOR
25-06-2005, 08:09
Additionally, I would HIGHLY recommend completing both of the 15 attribute point quests prior to our venture into Lornar's Pass The added 30 points will come in extremely handy and could mean the difference between success and yet another addition to the long list of failed attemps to pass through this area. Also... you will REALLY need those point if/when we enter FoW or UW.

Ya I plan to spend all of saturday morning (like noon on) trying to finish the desert. I realize I'm most likely too low of a level to make the journey as I die around the 2nd worm if I'm lucky.

Do you naturally arrive at the forge during the course of the game? I'm guessing you do not.

Either way let me know what your thinking. I'm thinking of respecing to Earth as Fire is really boring atm.

Where abouts is your monk? Maybe we can journey together.

Necro Idol
27-06-2005, 05:50
Well... I just finished the desert missions and completed both 15 attribute quests. I suppose I'll eventually finish the game with her but it isn't a priority. I would like to unlock the rest of the areas in order to get skills and such. I mainly wanted a monk for UW and FoW.

I've found that playing a monk requires a HUGE amount of tolerance. Since you're the one healing eveyone's mistakes and lack of playing talent... you find out really fast who plays well and who doesn't. And when you are constantly feeding health to that 2nd monk or elem who insists they're a tank... well... eventually... the health just starts to slow down to that player... and they're res doesn't come as fast... if at all. Gawd... so many noobs. :rolleyes: