PDA

View Full Version : How to defeat all ranger team??

Tracid
21-06-2005, 14:56
I didn't won any battle when I was playing against all Ra team.
So how to defeat them?
They place traps everywhere so we die when we acctualy running to them.
Is there good solution because they r not comming to us, and battle may last forever?

AnGeLiQuE
21-06-2005, 17:11
Yes..Surrender! We Rangers > All :happy34:

Vault Dweller
21-06-2005, 17:13
Bone horrors set traps off ;)

Tracid
21-06-2005, 18:49
yeah, but I am not necro and i wouldnt use exploit.
Is there any smart solution??

XeroTheta
21-06-2005, 19:26
Using bone horrors to set off traps is not an exploit... because the bone horror would die by the trap.

beating an all ranger team would be tough. I think a good mix of necro curses, mesmer hexes, and some warriors might do the trick.

Vonzipper
21-06-2005, 19:26
you could try waiting 90 seconds for the traps to reset. since all ranger traps last 90 seconds.

TW III
21-06-2005, 20:17
My prediction is the game will be very mesmer/necro based very soon. An all ranger team usually has very few ways of removing hexes and some hex nukers plus secondary monks using pacifism and other skills to temporary disable their team members should work.

TheNug
21-06-2005, 20:51
monks should be able to keep 1 person alive when they set off traps.

Marcus
21-06-2005, 22:08
With my build i usually rape ranger builds.. along with most other builds..

2 war.. 1sword 1 w/e knockdown/aftershock
the basic 3 monks
disease necro
minion necro(ruins traps)
and either a mesmer, or every once in a while a spirit ranger..

this build doesnt sound very good.. but balanced.. and hold altars well..
the ranger must be R/E with spirits and wards.. so u have defense against the spike build.. or go mesmer to shut one down one monk.. and the 2 warriors split the other 2.. so each monk is gitting attacked.. take out the monks... then the rangers..or any other class.. gits raped.. as long as necro keeps disease..

Xandu
21-06-2005, 23:08
If your doing a Spike build, you will not beat an all ranger team. A good balance of professions should be able to destroy them. They have very few self-heals, traps are avoidable. I reccomend at least one or two good mesmers to make sure you win.

quantrum
22-06-2005, 03:33
My prediction is the game will be very mesmer/necro based very soon. An all ranger team usually has very few ways of removing hexes and some hex nukers plus secondary monks using pacifism and other skills to temporary disable their team members should work.
Nature's Renewal would just about take care of all those hexes.

Nature's Renewal
Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, all enchantments and hexes are removed. For 30-126 seconds, enchantments and hexes take twice as long to cast. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds.

Skill description, for those that don't know what it does.

Jozvex Spellsharp
22-06-2005, 04:19
If they set the traps at the start of the round, where do minion necros get the minions from? Does someone suicide so that you get to raise 1 minion?

Or do minions carry over from previous rounds etc?

I'm just curious.

Furqan
22-06-2005, 04:40
the challenge of the ranger build is by no means the traps. it's the spirits, zephyrs, soils, seasons, winnowings, and other totems that they're spamming all over the place.

it's actually not a bad build at all. i've been in some quality teams that have lost to a 2 Ranger, 3 Warrior, 3 Monk build that spammed nature's renewal amongst other totems.

Hurin66
22-06-2005, 05:25
:lol: wow lol, im sry i can help but laugh.

There is this little tactics shout called "Shields Up"
Shields Up (10,0,30): For 8-18 seconds, you and nearby allies gain 50 armor against piercing damage and 10-34% chance to block incoming projectile attacks.

That 1 skill completly screws an all ranger team, and since it is 0 cast time there is no chance of blocking or countering it for a ranger team. Honestly i do not see why all ranger teams can be popular with that skill out there.

p.s. I hope by all ranger you meant 3 monk and 5 ranger team or something of that like.

Jozvex Spellsharp
22-06-2005, 05:28
I don't think Sheilds Up will help you against the 20 traps you have to walk through in order to get to the rangers...

hahnsoo
22-06-2005, 09:00
Not to mention that a good ranger will have multiple bows, with at least one with Elemental damage to bypass "Shields Up!". If they are running Greater Conflagration (Elite) (which would be a standard for me if I was running an All-Ranger team), then Shields Up! is also less useful, as it only protects against piercing damage, which has been turned into Fire damage from the spirit. You still get the paltry block percentage, but then you'd be better off using something like Bonetti's Defense or some stance to block arrows.

TW III
22-06-2005, 13:36
Nature's Renewal would just about take care of all those hexes.

Nature's Renewal
Create a level 1-8 Spirit. For creatures within its range, all enchantments and hexes are removed. For 30-126 seconds, enchantments and hexes take twice as long to cast. This Spirit dies after 30-126 seconds.

Skill description, for those that don't know what it does.

The 2x casting time wouldn't really matter much since most full ranger teams I've seen re rather defensive and don't deal a huge deal of damage in short time. The hex and enchantment removal only works once NR is casted. I still see it as one of the best ways to win against those builds. Safe maybe using EOE and killing their fertile seasons.

Timewalker
22-06-2005, 14:09
If its truly the traps that are a bother, then have a Warrior/Mesmer with illusion of haste, endure pain, balanced stance, and I will Survive run through all of them.

700ish life for 12 seconds, immune to knockdown, immune to cripple, and gains health regen for every status gained (so blinding heals, bleeding doesn't cause injury, burning is lessened).

I mean most people consider their warrior to be fodder anyway, no sense in not turning him into one right? ;)

If it was the spirits that you were worried about, then I think the best way to do it would be a full complement of rangers specifically designed to beat the rangers holed up in wherever they are. Throw out 8 edge of extinction (the totem creatures are "spirits" afterall. Focus your firepower on one spirit and watch every spirit on the map die. Ok that kills your spirits, but now its an "even" playing field only they used up their stuff on traps that you will shoot passed and you have archery skills since you only brought one spirit.

And as an all ranger team you will be able to bypass the traps by clicking attack on an enemy to send your companion running after it and watching as all 8 companions run through setting off all the traps.

And as far as greater conflagration goes it would be great if people knew where the skill was first. And second this turns all your spike/barbed trap damages into fire. A warrior/mesmer with mantra of flame and balanced stance will now just stroll right through your traps without a care in the world (only dust trap will deal any kind of sizeable damage to him, and so what he has now managed to knock out all the traps you spent 1 min/20 sec putting up).

Ace Bear
22-06-2005, 19:01
Um guys, ranger traps may expire in 90 seconds but they recharge MUCH faster then that(especially with oath shot or serpent quickness), your warrior with Shields Up can't do anything when I blind him for 30+ seconds with my combo of dust trap and throw dirt, barbed trap cripples ALL warriors so they are now a joke if they even try to get close, fire trap burns you(just because I like burning things) and hell my healing spring(which I can get off before your crippled/blinded but can hit me) will heal me almsot beter then a monk can. And I am just one ranger. Warriors don't try to beat this, Monk teams(pulleeze), only team I hav seen to truely be able to keep up with an all Ranger team was one who had 3 Elementalists that decided multiple fire storm,meteor, earthquake spamming was in order for our Ranger corner :). They sent in their 3 warrior (more or less shields/fodder.distraction) in with their monk 2 healing and then just launched wave after wave of high damage dealing spells that if we moved we would leave our safe place and that if we stayed we would die. Eventually we scattered and the warriors mopped us up.

echidna
23-06-2005, 06:39
Hey a use for a pet!

send one through to set off the majority of the traps, then walk through the path your kitty just made and beat them in melee.

Newbiebad
24-06-2005, 00:38
Hey a use for a pet!

send one through to set off the majority of the traps, then walk through the path your kitty just made and beat them in melee.

Rangers are really tough to take down im melee with all the dodging and throw dirt and pindown they tend to throw out. Yes, there are many ways to get rid conditons and get past dodging but I've seen oath shot builds that are just demons at throw dirt and pindown and disruptions (psning at the same time). They sure aren't the kings of spike damage (although melandru's arrow + dual shot = hurt :D) but they are also pretty damage resistant especially once you consider the trap/spirits. The one thing about ranger heavy teams who use spirits is that there is no direct "weakest link" or key person in the build. Usually 2 or maybe 3 guys who each carry important spirits. Most can drop traps. Most have some decent marksman damage. People tend to hate rangers because they are jack of all trades. However people are starting to find out that rangers do excel in one thing: controlling the battlefield with those oh so nasty spirits :D.

One of the best pros for ranger heavy teams is that most pvp teams aren't built to counter them. If they ARE built to counter ranger groups (still a relatively small number) they aren't optimal vs. many other VERY popular group configurations.