PDA

View Full Version : Farming Locations Comprendium!!!

BajerBroham
22-06-2005, 01:32
Howdy y'all! I'm new to gwonline, but ive been reading it for some time now...and it has come to my attention that some ppl really really really don't like sharing farming locations....well, those ppl can leave now. For the rest of us, i'd like to start this one thread to rule them all....THE FARMING COMPRENDIUM! Those not afarid of the all-mighty ANet that would like to share with the community, plz post farming places here, along with ur class and skill set. I hope this helps all those who recently (like me) get to the end game, want to make some cash or get l33t lewt, but find that nobody is willing to share.....Remember y'all, sharing is caring!

~any questions/complaints/compliments/death threats should be issued to my gw char: Say Mister Beefy

Emalf
22-06-2005, 03:56
a tip for all of you beginning the game. as you go through the game, every mission or every quest note how much gold you're getting from chests and how many chests there are, or note how many gold items/armor or purples drop from monsters and how often. that way as you progress you'll have a good idea of which spot you want to farm when you're level 20. after making 2 chars 20 and failing to realize this, i don't know any good spots and i don't want to make a 3rd char just to note.

pale mamba
22-06-2005, 04:24
Heh first post and its about listing your farming spots?

Do I smell....do I smell.....sniff sniff

ANet SPY?

BajerBroham
22-06-2005, 04:38
lol.....yeah, u got me.....the jig is up! I'm really a double agent for ANet, ferreting out farming spots by day and, by night, "taking care of" those who find the next uber omg-these-flesh-golems-LOL location.....whether through asking or other, more, shall we say, "physical" methods.

BajerBroham
22-06-2005, 04:41
Concerning Emalf's tip, i think it's a great idea....my contribution: the kryta missions dropped at least 4 golds for me (all combined) and plenty of purples, just by playing them....while amnoon desert, shall we say, dropped jack****. I just got to the fire islands today so i dont know about them, and the old ascalon area.... "LOL, r u serious?!! U are?! LOL..."

pearhk
22-06-2005, 04:51
share with the community, plz post farming places here, along with ur class and skill set.

but u only leave the location and nothing ?? :confused: :eek:

hahnsoo
22-06-2005, 10:19
Most of the "easy cash" locations that I know of have been removed or changed up in ways to make it worthless. For example:
- Wreckage Farming runs in Abaddon's Mouth and Diviner's Ascent (removed)
- Repeat farming in general throughout the Crystal Desert (if you rezone a lot, then loot drops off significantly).
- Anything involving drakes
- Riverside Justiciar runs

You can still do the repeated Mission runs if you'd like (Gates of Kryta, Riverside, Sanctum Cay). You'll still get loot, just not as much as you used to get.

One place that I'm theorizing MIGHT be an easy loot spot is the place where the Deserters quest is in the Deldrimor Bowl. There is an exit toward the Ice Tooth Cave nearby where the deserters are hanging out. The deserters are often hanging around a large amount of treasure chests. Do these chests consistently respawn if you don't kill off the Deserters and complete the quest? I wonder.

Emalf
22-06-2005, 12:30
there's always the option of farming monsters for 3-4 map rezones and then going to FoW/UW if your server has favor. after you can go farm 3-4 times again...it's a good cycle and no time is wasted. gets rid of the anti-farm thing from what i can feel.

BajerBroham
22-06-2005, 18:48
I've recently refunded many of my skills points to hunt trolls outside droknars, but im having trouble with that, and from what i hear, they drop nothing but troll tusks....so im still trying to find my farming utopia, where gold items frolic through meadows of gold and runes, and the superior vigor runes flow like wine.....might take me a while :D

Slayta
25-05-2006, 02:44
ANet SPY?

Actually, anet has no problem with farming. and they know what happens in their games. they just change things when it gets out of hand or unbalanced.

hahnsoo
25-05-2006, 02:57
ACK! Attack of the Zombie Threads! This thread is almost a whole year old!

davepesc
25-05-2006, 04:22
Wwwwwise fwom your gwave!

paulbuckley
25-05-2006, 09:32
Does anyone know how to get rid of the anti-farming thing? I've got it on ettins, what should i do? And how much of it?

ciprialex
25-05-2006, 09:57
Actually, anet has no problem with farming. and they know what happens in their games. they just change things when it gets out of hand or unbalanced.

have you been to elona in the past few months?

snowkissed
25-05-2006, 17:26
Does anyone know how to get rid of the anti-farming thing? I've got it on ettins, what should i do? And how much of it?
Go play another area. Do a mission or two. Just don't hang around where you were farming for a while and it'll go away.

Hyro
26-05-2006, 13:44
Maybe this thread can help you :)

http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=394460

Acathla
26-05-2006, 17:11
Heh first post and its about listing your farming spots?

Do I smell....do I smell.....sniff sniff

ANet SPY?

Hilarious. :laugh:

Anyways..I will never tell you my farming location!! Don't want it to be nerfed. :grin:

-Acathla

Dragon Fire Go
28-05-2006, 23:13
it actually wierd why do they have anti farming. at least we are playign this game. its like banning their own game. yeah other ppl get cash with cash but i think the ones farming are at least playing Guild wars. So many farming roots are banned (worthless). WHY

Valkirie Champion
30-05-2006, 18:59
Queen farming in desert rule!

did it 10 time and got 1 gold and 3 max purples!!!!!

maybe 5k also...

Dragon Fire Go
31-05-2006, 23:30
im no farmer in elona so whats queens farm?
thnx for help