PDA

View Full Version : My Annoying Monk

White Raven
22-06-2005, 07:52
So, what happens when you have a lvl 10 monk with endgame armor in Ascalon PvP? FUN!

Well what happens after a good many wins is you meet a good opponent. Well what happens when the monk just wont die! Took everyone about 20 minutes to give up this time and so i won, note the next two screenshots.

http://home.earthlink.net/~white-raven/images/gw078.JPG
http://home.earthlink.net/~white-raven/images/gw079.JPG

So then i get a brand new team to continue this streak when we do once again meet our match. Except for me of course who just wont ****ing die!!! So once again another shot.

http://home.earthlink.net/~white-raven/images/gw085.JPG

My new team with the last win is next... <cry>

http://home.earthlink.net/~white-raven/images/gw093.JPG

The 44th was cut short when we did meet our match but this time a mesmer and necro team with a war cutting into me and slow spells, finnaly killed me. Hope you enjoyed my little story!

Jahoclave
22-06-2005, 08:03
As much as I'd like to congratulate you. I find that rushing a character to droknars to get that armor and then coming back to ascalon arena is just a little bit cheap.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 08:04
yea i know but i rushed down there for the armor. if it was my first character i wouldnt have done it

wheel
22-06-2005, 08:12
Ascalon PvP is a bit pointless in and of itself IMO. Going back there with good armor on a low lvl character is just for fun. Besides, it is still possible to explore all the way to Droknar's Forge with the help of guildies WITHOUT going through Lornar's Pass and still be on a low level, so arguing about whether you should or shouldn't rush to get the best armor is pointless.

What's also fun is going into the match with high level skills that you've bought at later towns and completely dominating :-) It's fun when your monk has higher AL armor than the warriors :-)

Fun post OP :-)

White Raven
22-06-2005, 08:38
hehe yea, whats funny is this one guy saw me use restore life which is from the courthouse i think, and said omg you brought lvl 20 spells you cheater.

the best part was when it was an ele, 2 monks, and a war against me and all i had to use was mending and healing breeze. i was called a hacker :P

Mgzkun
22-06-2005, 09:03
As much as I'd like to congratulate you. I find that rushing a character to droknars to get that armor and then coming back to ascalon arena is just a little bit cheap.

even with all the best armor she still get pwned by lvl 10 noob with junk armor and skill :rolleyes: . kind of embarrasing if u ask me

well, hope u enjoy your game :happy05:

:uhhuh:

CÚrilia
22-06-2005, 09:29
Do you really think it was fun for those you beat? When I see things like that, it really doesn't encourage me to try PvP... At least in PvE, monsters in Ascalon area don't buy their armor at Droknar's Forge! :rolleyes:

NoChance
22-06-2005, 09:29
ascalon arena is there to help new players or players new to a particular profession get a feel for pvp play.

what you did ruins this.
it's like going back to your kindergarten and beating up on little kids -- then bragging to all your friends about it.

it's really poor sportsmanship, and hopefully anet will do a fix to prevent people from doing this in the future.

Doctor Anomalo
22-06-2005, 09:38
this should be considered exploiting, and multiple times too. i hope anet bans you.

Way of the Dragon
22-06-2005, 10:06
too bad the necro or mesmer didn't strip your enchantment hehe.

aloe veras
22-06-2005, 10:15
Thank goodness there isnt a HoH for low levels. if not there will be more people like him.

I hate him, cause it is un-sportsmanship

But still, it was funny for us who didnt lose to him.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 10:25
Do you really think it was fun for those you beat? When I see things like that, it really doesn't encourage me to try PvP... At least in PvE, monsters in Ascalon area don't buy their armor at Droknar's Forge! :rolleyes:

actually yea it was fun, for the selct few times that my armor did make a difference in the fight. ask any of those people in that party what good job i was doing.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 10:27
too bad the necro or mesmer didn't strip your enchantment hehe.

yea but the last mesmer was quite good, had a really strong backfire and health degen to pretty much null the mending

Way of the Dragon
22-06-2005, 14:53
yea but the last mesmer was quite good, had a really strong backfire and health degen to pretty much null the mending

Hope you get to meet my mesmer in tombs somday :) .

Sieglinde Leoncouer
22-06-2005, 15:12
What I don't understand is the need to post what you did, as if entering a fight with completely superior equipment and skills to your opponents was any feat at all. Next time why not find some mentally challenged to play some chess against and show pictures of your amazing win streak against them as well. :rolleyes: Oh oh better yet, tell us about your amazing victories versus the people in wheelchairs in stair climbing races. Pathetic, really.

RaurosTirith
22-06-2005, 15:20
man cmon it was just some harmless fun.

XeroTheta
22-06-2005, 15:34
I think they should add level restrictions to armor, that would solve the rushing problem.

and these levels would be dependant on the area.

Like from shiverpeaks to kryta you'd have to be level 10 or something to get the armor there.

and level 15 for kryta up to droknar's

Droknar's armor you'd have to be level 20 or something

:happy34: let the flames commence

Dragon Lady
22-06-2005, 15:40
Should we congratulate a grown-up for beating up a 10 year-old child? You think we are as low as you?? I'm glad that there are still people with some decency on this forum.

I wish A-net can strip those with Droknar armor naked before letting them into arena. Lol, what a sight it will be, and see how these naked cheaters win matches.

MJK
22-06-2005, 15:44
I bet that was pretty funny. Of course, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end, but watching a full team of four beating on one monk for 20 minutes in a futile attempt to win a battle in the Ascalon arena has got to be ridiculous.

Having an armor advantage because friends rushed you to Droks is in no way an exploit. And eventually all it took was a mesmer and necro working together to take him down. Nobody is guaranteed 50 wins just because they have 30 more armor than the next guy. Sure, a team of monks and warriors is going to have a difficult time taking him down, but that just encourages class diversity. I'd bet that new players who gave up after 20 minutes of hacking at him with their warrior began to think about other ways to defeat a monk with good armor and healing spells besides the sever artery/gash combo that's so popular in the Ascalon arena (interrupts and hexes, for instance). No one learns to PvP better when going against weaker players. Bigger challenges lead to new, creative strategies and teamwork.

Lord Gargoyle
22-06-2005, 15:58
What I don't understand is the need to post what you did, as if entering a fight with completely superior equipment and skills to your opponents was any feat at all. Next time why not find some mentally challenged to play some chess against and show pictures of your amazing win streak against them as well. :rolleyes: Oh oh better yet, tell us about your amazing victories versus the people in wheelchairs in stair climbing races. Pathetic, really.

:happy53: :happy53:

anyway, i, too, think its unfair. and remember, for you its fun but for others you have ruined the game experience. ;)

Bulldog Spud
22-06-2005, 16:19
I think they should add level restrictions to armor, that would solve the rushing problem.

and these levels would be dependant on the area.

Like from shiverpeaks to kryta you'd have to be level 10 or something to get the armor there.

and level 15 for kryta up to droknar's

Droknar's armor you'd have to be level 20 or something

:happy34: let the flames commence
At one point, early in Beta Weekends, this was the case. Each set of armor had a level requirement. Too bad this was taken away...

NoChance
22-06-2005, 18:17
Should we congratulate a grown-up for beating up a 10 year-old child? You think we are as low as you?? I'm glad that there are still people with some decency on this forum.

I wish A-net can strip those with Droknar armor naked before letting them into arena. Lol, what a sight it will be, and see how these naked cheaters win matches.

great idea dragon lady!! :happy34:

this way, people who want Draknor's armor for legit purposes can still get it, while a-holes who want to beat up on low level players get humiliated.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 18:55
I bet that was pretty funny. Of course, I wouldn't want to be on the receiving end, but watching a full team of four beating on one monk for 20 minutes in a futile attempt to win a battle in the Ascalon arena has got to be ridiculous.

Having an armor advantage because friends rushed you to Droks is in no way an exploit. And eventually all it took was a mesmer and necro working together to take him down. Nobody is guaranteed 50 wins just because they have 30 more armor than the next guy. Sure, a team of monks and warriors is going to have a difficult time taking him down, but that just encourages class diversity. I'd bet that new players who gave up after 20 minutes of hacking at him with their warrior began to think about other ways to defeat a monk with good armor and healing spells besides the sever artery/gash combo that's so popular in the Ascalon arena (interrupts and hexes, for instance). No one learns to PvP better when going against weaker players. Bigger challenges lead to new, creative strategies and teamwork.

haha finnaly a positive post that actually has some though into it rather than just saying im unfair etc etc. im glad i spawned some new suggestions about armor restriction by level though, does make some sence. in FFXI you couldnt wear artifact armor which was superior until around lvl's 50-60.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 18:58
a-holes who want to beat up on low level players get humiliated.

yea, my monk was beating up on low level players. i healed them to death

coldfirene
22-06-2005, 19:31
I was fooling around with my 4th character i just started (monday night i think). There was another rushed character like the OP. However this particular one was by far even more cheap. He not only had 60al armor from droknars, but he being a Me/W also had Illusionary Weapon. When I saw the guy at first i thought to myself he was a push over since he was only level 5 or 6. Thankfully I was running my El/Ne then that is almost all blood so a few vampir touches/gazes and he went down quick. I don't understand the point of fools like this going to get late game powers to come back and try to lord it over low-end ill equiped characters. I still laugh at dropping him in a couple of seconds.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 19:45
I was fooling around with my 4th character i just started (monday night i think). There was another rushed character like the OP. However this particular one was by far even more cheap. He not only had 60al armor from droknars, but he being a Me/W also had Illusionary Weapon. When I saw the guy at first i thought to myself he was a push over since he was only level 5 or 6. Thankfully I was running my El/Ne then that is almost all blood so a few vampir touches/gazes and he went down quick. I don't understand the point of fools like this going to get late game powers to come back and try to lord it over low-end ill equiped characters. I still laugh at dropping him in a couple of seconds.

imo doesnt matter what skills you have if they are endgame or not, most lvl 10's arent going to have the attribute points to back any of them up.

showme
22-06-2005, 20:23
It's only a little better armor ... it's really not that big of a deal. You guys act like he hacked in to all his opponents accounts or something. I'm sorry but having a little better armor is not like beating up on little kids.

White Raven
22-06-2005, 22:27
It's only a little better armor ... it's really not that big of a deal. You guys act like he hacked in to all his opponents accounts or something. I'm sorry but having a little better armor is not like beating up on little kids.

my god, exactly

White Raven
22-06-2005, 23:45
Hope you get to meet my mesmer in tombs somday :) .

hehe yea that would be fun :P, too bad i dont like playing tombs pvp :p, im more into the PvE and ascalon/shiverpeak random battles lol

Xandu
22-06-2005, 23:49

Your right, and people did act inappropriately. But the OP had no reason to come here and brag about how great he was... I've seen people have better win streaks than that and they didn't rush to droknar's forge. Beating up little kids is completely different, but it still has the same kind of person who does it (not that the OP is going to go beat up little kids or anything..). He felt the need to brag about something that wasn't an accomplishment because he had an unfair advantage.

White Raven
23-06-2005, 00:03
Your right, and people did act inappropriately. But the OP had no reason to come here and brag about how great he was... I've seen people have better win streaks than that and they didn't rush to droknar's forge. Beating up little kids is completely different, but it still has the same kind of person who does it (not that the OP is going to go beat up little kids or anything..). He felt the need to brag about something that wasn't an accomplishment because he had an unfair advantage.

so, where on my post was i bragging again? if i wanted to brag i wouldnt have said i used endgame armor.

stilted
23-06-2005, 05:31

no offense but i think you have a problem...or a trauma from early childhood to have been offended by something as light as this....

VVild
23-06-2005, 07:19
Raven that is an interesting thing you did..and I honestly don't care..but what is with the massive multi-posts you seem good at? Three in a row without a response, maybe you should learn to quote more than one person in one post; aka you are spamming.

White Raven
23-06-2005, 09:14
Raven that is an interesting thing you did..and I honestly don't care..but what is with the massive multi-posts you seem good at? Three in a row without a response, maybe you should learn to quote more than one person in one post; aka you are spamming.

im sorry, but your add to this thread had absolutely no point

stilted
23-06-2005, 10:07

in my experience, quoting multiple posts are a bad thing. for one thing, most people will just read through everything and ignore everything except one of the last quotes that he replied to. not to mention that it creates extra work when you want to reply to it....you know, you have to make your own quote boxes, alter the lines, etc?

VVild
24-06-2005, 08:15
im sorry, but your add to this thread had absolutely no point

I wouldn't want to waste my time "adding" to a horrible topic created by a braggart, but I do care about spammers who just clog up the topic, however good or bad it might be.

sunnywiz
24-06-2005, 08:32
Probably a dead horse here.. i've found that my "attitude" in PVP goes a great way to help make it playable.

It would be one thing to be like: "Har Har You Can't Touch Me Eat This"

It would be another thing like: "C'mon, guys -- i know this is hard.. but i'm sure you could take me out somehow. Try it!". -- ie, working WITH the opposing team so that everybody wins.

My personal preference is to congratulate all people who kicked ***, including those who beat me. And learn something from it. :] Then again, I totally suck at PVP so far. *grins*

ManaCraft
24-06-2005, 09:56
A good reason why there should be level requirements on armor. Nothing more.

ManaCraft

Taunted
24-06-2005, 10:58
Lame. And your method for winning is even more lame. You can't kill them and they can't kill you, but you wait until everyone else quits? :rolleyes:

And on top of that you can't even stack more than 45 wins? I have had almost that many in the LA arena, and twice that in shiverpeak when I first got there with my warrior. And I had only the armor/weapon I had picked up on the way there.

People who lie dead in a party all the way to DF just in order to get back and "own" people in the ascalon arena are really sad. This is where new players have their first PvP experiences (except for entering the academy), and you come back like a moron destroying what might be their first PvP experience.

:mad34:

Svenn
24-06-2005, 15:32
And on top of that you can't even stack more than 45 wins? I have had almost that many in the LA arena, and twice that in shiverpeak when I first got there with my warrior.Ditto. I have won 48 consecutive in Team Arena (Droknar's) with all level 20's playing and have won 21 consecutive, twice (1 as PvE ranger, 1 as PvP monk), in random at Competition Arena (Lion's Arch), almost always playing other level 20's. Those are accomplishments. OP, OTOH, you have nothing to be proud of and should in fact be ashamed.

White Raven
25-06-2005, 00:06
i sugest this thread be locked since obviously the only comments left to say are by cry babies who think im trying to brag. no thanks

Van Tomiko
25-06-2005, 07:33
congrats ..... but thats what i called Items = win

Fallen_62
25-06-2005, 17:24
This thread is locked, and stilted, you have been banned for 3 days.