PDA

View Full Version : New Ranger - Pet question

Sharra Blackstone
22-06-2005, 15:07
I'm a level 9 ranger/monk, with a Melandru's stalker pet. My question is, can you actually wander around with more than one pet at your side? What's the drawback? Do you loose out on Mana regen?

Zero
22-06-2005, 16:29
You can only ever have one pet and in order for that pet to accompany you you'll have to carry charm animal. There are several different types of pets (check sticky in this forum).

The draw backs of a pet:

To make effect damage dealing you'll have to carry afew extra pet skills such as attacks or calls.
It doesn't get infused later in game so the harder monsters walk all over it.
When your pet dies all your skills are disabled for 4 seconds.
You have to carry around a second pet skill jsut to revive your companion as normal ressurrects don't work on it.

Dingo Hunter
22-06-2005, 17:08
So what the best way to use the creature, I normally use my pet to stand between me and the enemy, otherwise as the ranger as so little armour you get flattened.

Another point is how can you upgrade you pet to a higher level or does it simple stay at the same level and therefore you need to get rid of it and find another stronger pet.

Starting to wonder it a ranger was a good idea, the enemy already seem to be knocking me around a lot and I'm only a level 8 ranger.

krispykritter
22-06-2005, 18:17
So what the best way to use the creature, I normally use my pet to stand between me and the enemy, otherwise as the ranger as so little armour you get flattened.

Another point is how can you upgrade you pet to a higher level or does it simple stay at the same level and therefore you need to get rid of it and find another stronger pet.

Starting to wonder it a ranger was a good idea, the enemy already seem to be knocking me around a lot and I'm only a level 8 ranger.

Your pets level the same way you do, they gain exp for each enemy killed where the exp is based on lvl differential just like for you.

If the enemy is knocking you around you may not have the best armor available to you, or you're trying to use a ranger in a way that rangers just aren't well suited for. For example early in the game its hard to use rangers for melee because we haven't acquired our evasion stances (whirling defence is available near Yaks) or our interupt skills (you get distracting shot at Piken's is the earliest).