PDA

View Full Version : Trapper build team

Smrterthnu
22-06-2005, 17:43
Whenever I join a team with nothing but trappers the other team always manages to set off all of our traps then they kill us.I looking for a team that would have backup even if they managed to get by our traps.Any advice I would be grateful for

Svenn
24-06-2005, 14:17
Some of my guildmates have seen all-ranger builds that literally put up so many spirits that you can't get past them to the rangers. They keep spamming the spirits all match long, apparently, and their Ghostly Hero has like 1500 health. I can't wait to see this in person, lol.

spne
24-06-2005, 20:51
Edge of Extinction and then all spirits are dead.

Svenn
25-06-2005, 01:10
No doubt, no doubt. Our team got "extincted" last night, and it was freakin' amazing. I was down and watching from a good viewpoint. A Korean team dropped EoE and 5 guys dropped as if on queue. Then, our priest rezzed us and we kicked their *****, LOL.

It would still be cool to see all those spirits. :lol:

Gamer Mum
25-06-2005, 01:52
The spirit build is really fun, we did it in HoH a few times last night ...managed to pull it off twice but got outsmarted in the end by another guild.If you do try it , be prepared for all the hostile remarks you get :lol:

Smrterthnu
25-06-2005, 20:55
So what do you do.Just use spirits, thats all.Or do you use traps also.Im confused :confused:

Svenn
25-06-2005, 22:38
Um, yeah. We sorta hijacked your thread...sorry. :mad02:

I would try varying the balance of your traps (you can only be blind & crippled once until it wears off, for example) to stack damage and effects. Also, keep spamming them until you have them down. If someone closes to melee, hit Whirling Defense or Dryder's, fire up a Troll Unguent, drop a Spiked or Barbed trap in their face and then back off to bow range. Call targets and focus fire. Have one of the rangers spamming poison and another one with Melandru's spamming "on fire". If the team is well-coordinated and you have good energy management, you should be very competitive with most teams with an 8-Ranger build.

Stim Packed
28-06-2005, 23:15
No doubt, no doubt. Our team got "extincted" last night, and it was freakin' amazing. I was down and watching from a good viewpoint. A Korean team dropped EoE and 5 guys dropped as if on queue. Then, our priest rezzed us and we kicked their *****, LOL.

It would still be cool to see all those spirits. :lol:

Since EoE only does about 50 dmg when something dies, how did it kill you all that quickly? Same thing with other spirits? How does stuff die so quickly because of EoE? Wouldn't a lot of things have to die before EoE does serious dmg?

Smrterthnu
02-07-2005, 01:32
Well since spirits dont have much health.After the first one killed they all would be low on health so you barley even have to hurt another to get the rest to die

Svenn
02-07-2005, 04:18
Since EoE only does about 50 dmg when something dies, how did it kill you all that quickly? Same thing with other spirits? How does stuff die so quickly because of EoE? Wouldn't a lot of things have to die before EoE does serious dmg?Well, I'm not sure. First, I wonder if the effects of multiple EoE spirits would stack. Second, I know that mass suicide will extinct the other team, then one monk out of range of EoE uses Light of Dwayna to bring his/her whole team back up. I think that is what happened to us, but I couldn't really see the enemy team from my vantage, as I was dead and looking out the doorway at the rest of my team protecting the priest. Unfortunately for them, they waited too late to attack the priest, and we rezzed about 10 seconds later and quickly kicked their butts.

As far as EoE with spirits, two ele's with AoE spells could kill enough spirits to EoE to wipe out all the spirits, which are level 10 max.