PDA

View Full Version : Quick question about GW terms

MintChocolateChipIceCream
23-06-2005, 17:24
Hello. Today I was playing in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings, and it seemed like everyone was spamming "must have ts and vent" or "i have ts and vent". Could anyone tell me what "ts" and "vent" is? I assume they're skills, but what makes them so great that everyone wants only people that have them? Sorry if this thread sounds too n00bish. :o

Phaeax
23-06-2005, 17:53
Hello. Today I was playing in the Tomb of the Primeval Kings, and it seemed like everyone was spamming "must have ts and vent" or "i have ts and vent". Could anyone tell me what "ts" and "vent" is? I assume they're skills, but what makes them so great that everyone wants only people that have them? Sorry if this thread sounds too n00bish. :o
"TS" is TeamSpeak and "Vent" is Ventrillo (sp?). They are voice chat over internet programs that allow teams to verbally talk while playing.

Of the two, I use TeamSpeak and have for about a year and a half now. It has a free client and server software, but someone will either have to host the server or pay for the hosting.

IBeJebus
23-06-2005, 17:57
"TS" is TeamSpeak and "Vent" is Ventrillo (sp?). They are voice chat over internet programs that allow teams to verbally talk while playing.

Of the two, I use TeamSpeak and have for about a year and a half now. It has a free client and server software, but someone will either have to host the server or pay for the hosting.

My guild has a TS and A Vent server, but i gotta say ive used TS for much longer as well, and like it better.

As far as in the Tombs go, people want you to have these because its easier to relay commands without having to type them. So its almost impossible to find a group that doesnt need/want it. Occasionally youll find groups that dont use it.

MintChocolateChipIceCream
23-06-2005, 19:58
Awesome, you two have been very informative. :happy53: I have another question. How do you hook up and use mics for TS?

Ritualistic Suicide
23-06-2005, 21:17
For teamspeak goto

1. www.getteamspeak.org (i belive)

2. Look at the back of your computers look for a pink 1/8th inch jack. Pink is the standard mic input color.

3. Jack the mic in load up TS (Team speak)

4. I belive its in the recording menu or the setup menu (if i were at home i could check but i gotta make money some time)

5. *Suggestion* Make sure you set a button up for push to talk. There is nothing more annoying when on TS and some one is doing the vader sound into the mic due to there breathing and just playing but there not talking. If your gonna talk you hit a key and while you hold it you can talk, when you release it shuts your mic off.

6. You might have to go into your sound properties and boost your mic. Depends on the mic you have.

7. Join and group and find out what TS server addy is and connect to it. Some times you might have to register with the server other times not.

8. Please o please o please use headphones with a mic so we dont get the echo from your mic.

Suicide

Aire
23-06-2005, 21:27
Teamspeak is www.goteamspeak.com
Ventrilo is www.ventrilo.com

That should answer your question

/Aire :)