PDA

View Full Version : Noob questions

Gallo
24-06-2005, 08:29
I just changed my secondary profession to ranger (I'm N/E 20), and I've got a few questions about pets:

1. Can I change my pet's name?
2. Can pet's level up?
3. Where are the strongest pets found?
4. Can I use dye on my pet?

andrewf
24-06-2005, 08:30
1. change name with /namepet
2. yes they do
3. UW dire spider(i think that's wht its called)
4. i wish

Gallo
24-06-2005, 09:06
Cool, thanks. How do pets level up anyway? I tried fighting some enemies but didn't notice my pet getting any experience or anything. Is there a way to view your pet's stats, etc.? Also, can you have more than one pet? Thanks.

Mr Dead Wish
24-06-2005, 09:12
Cool, thanks. How do pets level up anyway? I tried fighting some enemies but didn't notice my pet getting any experience or anything. Is there a way to view your pet's stats, etc.? Also, can you have more than one pet? Thanks.

Its LVL is Stated just like yours how much Exp it needs to LVL up probally not.
Mostly they LVL in the same tempo as you.

More Pets, Hmm the Ranger Pets no.
The Necro pets yes (horrors, Minnions, Bone Fiends) but they really need a lot of help (Healing so Energy) to stay alive.

Zegorzalek
24-06-2005, 14:00
Pets seem to level quickly... just started my Ranger BM, did the charm animal quest, then gave my stalker to the trader by Master Nente. Charmed a level 1 strider. I was almost level 4 by then. By the time I reached level 5, my strider was level 5 also. This is early game though. Zeg

Elessar Elensar
24-06-2005, 14:05
arent bears the strongest, but the slowest?

Avon Helvek
24-06-2005, 14:50
It's really just cosmetic in terms of strength and speed. You see their animation faster or slower but they all actually deal the damage at the same time. The only different things are damage types (and the spiders are better slightly).

Gallo
24-06-2005, 16:14
In what way are spiders better than the others, and where can dire spiders be found?

Dr No
24-06-2005, 16:52
In what way are spiders better than the others, and where can dire spiders be found?

All the other animals have the same build/stats etc but with a different skin, except the spider which has elevated stats.

They are found in the underworld, as a reward for level 20 people.

Gallo
24-06-2005, 17:10
I wish I knew the mechanics of pet leveling up. I wanted a snow wolf purely for the sake of looks, but it started out at level 5 even though I'm level 20 and have already ascended. I figured it would be easy to level him up by fighting stronger enemies, so I tried two methods:
1. fighting lv10 enemies by the dozens
2. fighting lv24 enemies
when fighting the stronger ones my pet leveled up twice but he's still only on lv7 (and I killed A LOT of lv 24 enemies and made sure he was alive to get the expierience).
Does anyone have a bit more insight on the supject?

brunobruno
24-06-2005, 20:22
4. Can I use dye on my pet?

haha what are you thinking man?? thats pretty crazy

lordday
24-06-2005, 22:58
Noob questions seemed like the right place for me to ask this.

How do I get rid of my pet so I can tame a different one?

MetasynMan
24-06-2005, 23:03
If you're in pre-searing, there's a Tamer next to Nente in Regent Valley. You talk to him and ask if he'd take your pet off your hands (he will). I believe the same tamer guy lived through the Searing and is now found just outside the gate to old Ascalon on your right as you leave. Then head to where your new pet is and grab a replacement!

In terms of the leveling of your noob pet in non-noob areas, I'll say this. I still haven't completely proved this myself, but I believe your pets will get XP even if they die during a quest/mission. Early on, I didn't want to waste a skill slot for comfort animal, so I'd just let him do his thing until he died. However there have been a couple times where I could have sworn he was one level when he died, I'd finish the mission or go into town, and the next time I used him he'd leveled up. Has anyone else seen something like this, or is my subconscious playing tricks on me to make me feel better about letting my poor wolf die?

Feynt
25-06-2005, 01:45
Your pet gains experience while dead, but I believe it needs to be near the action. So even if he dies amidst all the ice imps and pinesouls, so long as you kill them all off he'll level. It's kind of an odd sight to see that level up pillar of light forming above the corpse of your dead wolf. O.o;

hahnsoo
25-06-2005, 01:50
Pets gain XP even while they are dead. And yes, you can see them level up when they are a corpse on the ground. It's quite disturbing, to say the least. I do not believe they need to be near the action, or if they do, the radius is fairly large (at least the length of one whole radar circle).