PDA

View Full Version : Yet another axe vs. sword thread!

firstwave
24-06-2005, 18:34
Hey all. I still want to listen to everyone's opinion about axe vs. sword for W/X or X/W

Personally I think Axe is better because it has high crit, cleave and disrupting chop. However, sword can cause bleed, which is good in the long run.

What do u think? I am looking for some indepth arguments because a lot of people have trouble choosing the correct one.

Personally I think bull charge + high crit axe is very good for killing casters that are running away.

Nyl
24-06-2005, 18:57
Cyclone Axe makes a good substitute for an AOE spell when you're in a big melee. In my W/Mo I use it in combination with the basic Monk AOE/DoT spell (that I can't remember the name of). You can chop on one monster at a time while using the AOE and Dot to weaken the others as your adrenaline and energy permits.

Bleeding, etc. are good for some foes, but there are lots of un-bleedable enemies, and a Warrior often has the party role of drawing group aggro, rather than fighting a single opponent.

So on balance, at least at the lower levels I've played at (<=12), I find and axe more useful. But if a party had two warriors, one with an axe and one with a sword would be a good blend.

-Neil