PDA

View Full Version : How the hell my entire party died in 5segs in ToA?!

mi6as
25-06-2005, 17:20
Hi,

I was in the underworld mad of ToB, fighting with my 8party (we were using spirits, we got about 800hp/each).
When we aproach the red team(they were close to kill the blue ones on the altar) we got 5 members intantly killed and the other were at 10%hp.

My team start saying cheaters and that stuff and they called us n00bs.

I am rank2 and i never saw that kind of kill, not even against 8 air elite players.

So, i just want to get explained. I'm n00b or i got cheated? tx

SilentMoon
25-06-2005, 17:23
Not exactly sure, but I heard something about a strategy involving the ranger skill "edge of extinction" and mass-suicide that could very well give that kind of result....

Furqan
25-06-2005, 17:24
haha i might have been on the other team, as i recall us taking down a spirit team INSANELY quickly in the UW last nite. but regardless of whether or not i was in it, i've been on some teams that have taken down others very quickly.

of course it's NOT a cheat. i'd guess the other team's build involved some or all of the below: smites, eq/aftershock, edge of extinction, and putrids.

i'm also guessing your party stayed nicely bunched up just asking for the annihilation.

mi6as
25-06-2005, 17:59
its ToPK not ToA or ToB (my mistake)

Its very difficult to accept that while the Red were finishing a fighting with the Blues, they could coordinate all the attack in a 1/4sec to us. Thats crazy!

I didnt saw anyone commite suicide either. They were all alive.

We got 800hp each. It dont seem the eq/aftershock could kill instantly 5 elements on my team and the others 10%hp.

That fight was today, about 3hours ago.

blackarachnia
25-06-2005, 18:13
I can see the Edge of Extinction lets you do that with a curse/death necro in group and air mages... but i've been in a battle with neither necro nor mages but just a ranger monk and warrior rest are henchies.. and they killed our spike group in one sec. It was very humiliating but then again. We battle then again the next round. And same method or effect happend. We got cursed and spiked for no apparent reason and on top of that they were all rezzed in the center of altar including a dead hero. I was very upset. I bet they have cheated coz none of em were alive and carrying a rez orb. How the hell they get rezzed without a priest. But in the end our group still rulez.

Jahoclave
25-06-2005, 19:40
I think it has something to do with controlling the alter allowing you to be resed or something like that. Also you may have missed them having a res orb. And in any good edge build they usually have somebody stay out of range of the edge so that they won't get killed.

TheQuickness
27-06-2005, 08:53
Oh you didnt include that they were fighting another team....DEFINATLY and edge team.

7 people suicide with a good edge = 350 damage to all ppl nearby. but death nova + the dge usually kills the enemy team, 8 kills = 400 damage.

Thats 750 damage that you take almost instantly when they die, my estimation I am sure it can get higher dmg than that. And as far as I understand, armor has no effect on edge damage.

The morale of the story, ganking gets you killed =P

And were you checking for them to die the whole time? or did u just check as an afterthought.

Teams that play the dge build enough can time light of dwayana almost perfectly so once everyone is dead they are all alive again. usually followed by a quick second death.

Nadril
27-06-2005, 17:56
I can see the Edge of Extinction lets you do that with a curse/death necro in group and air mages... but i've been in a battle with neither necro nor mages but just a ranger monk and warrior rest are henchies.. and they killed our spike group in one sec. It was very humiliating but then again. We battle then again the next round. And same method or effect happend. We got cursed and spiked for no apparent reason and on top of that they were all rezzed in the center of altar including a dead hero. I was very upset. I bet they have cheated coz none of em were alive and carrying a rez orb. How the hell they get rezzed without a priest. But in the end our group still rulez.

You get rezed after a while on the center alter even if your priest is dead. Learn the game beforeyou call people cheaters :happy34:

You either got hold of a Smiting/Edge of extinction / whatever build. Mind telling us some of the classes? could help out a lot.

Feau Twenni
28-06-2005, 02:01
You get rezed after a while on the center alter even if your priest is dead. Learn the game beforeyou call people cheaters :happy34:

You either got hold of a Smiting/Edge of extinction / whatever build. Mind telling us some of the classes? could help out a lot.

probably edge of extinction combined with putrid explosion, death nova + whatever

DivineMuse
28-06-2005, 03:03
The other night my team had edge of extinction used against us, but their plan backfired. They accidently entirely annihilated themselves. My team also got wiped out, except for one monk who had just had either reversal of fortune or protective spirit put on him - so we ended up winning. We enjoyed the irony of that one. :lol: