PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion for fissure armour farming

crimsonangel
27-06-2005, 09:55
Hi i couldnt find any suggestion forums so i hope its ok to post here :happy05:
Just wondering if Anet would consider better rewards for quests done in Fiss/UW for example
1) 5000xp quest gives 1 glob/shard as reward
2) 10000xp quest gives 3 glob/shard as reward
3) 150000xp quest gives 4 glob/shard as reward

Depending on where you are for e.g if u are in fissure the quest reward also includes an obsidian shard and no glob(since these only drop in UW)and vise versa

so far i only get 1 glob/shard every 3 attempts (on average)when i enter fiss/uw,sharing between 8 people the drop rates horrible

making a full set we need 120 glob and 120 shard=240 pieces

lets do a rough calculation

240(glob & shards) mulitply by 3000g(avg price people are selling per piece of glob/shard) = 720000g(woot)

5 piece of armour for 15k each = 75000g

Grand total of 795000g (795 plat)

is this meant to be?
i understand gold sinks but how is the poorer players gonna afford these insane prices? by farming at the current rate it would take a really long loooooong time to farm all 240 pieces needed not to mention we are unable to enter as often since its affected by whichever server side has favor (poor euros)
this is an extreme time sink if this method of farming glob/shards is intended tbh

Other suggestion
Sell the armour at 30k per piece but have the Rare material trader selling the materials at a much lower price (500g per piece for example) working to around 270plat(much more affordable
just my 2cents worth

Emerald Fire
27-06-2005, 09:58
I'll be lucky if I ever even see 75plat.. O.< You people with your 100's platinum and gold sink ideas just amaze me to no end. :lol:

spiceses
27-06-2005, 10:06
is this meant to be?
i understand gold sinks but how is the poorer players gonna afford these insane prices? by farming at the current rate it would take a really long loooooong time to farm all 240 pieces needed not to mention we are unable to enter as often since its affected by whichever server side has favor (poor euros)
this is an extreme time sink if this method of farming glob/shards is intended tbh

as mentioned before..yes, this is meant to be...it's a luxury item...and, as of now, the end-game, oh-so-coveted armor..so yes, they're gonna make it hard to get, so that only a few ppl can get....consider it the ferrari (w/o the extra performance ;p) of GW. it's not meant for a lot of people to get..hence, a luxury item.

Other suggestion
Sell the armour at 30k per piece but have the Rare material trader selling the materials at a much lower price (500g per piece for example) working to around 270plat(much more affordable
just my 2cents worth

you understand how the traders work??? they only sell what other players supply to them...if the rare materials trader sells ecto for such a low price, no real players would actually be willing to sell ecto to the trader..and hence, the trader would be outta busines (i.e. no supply of ecto to sell). the only way, the trader is gonna have a supply of ecto to sell is if it's decently expensive so that players feel compensated for selling the ecto to the trader.

J Unit
27-06-2005, 10:14
IMO all of the traders are retarded, they should just have a set price for everything, none of this BS thats making certain itms worth way too much (Sup. absorb, globs/ecto) and other items worth way too little (Mesmer rune of maj. fast casting i found today = 25g = w00t im rich!). slightly off topic heh

baddawg
27-06-2005, 10:15
The best idea is to simply up the drop rate,you hear everyone talking about inflation this is the biggest contributer to it.

mripj
27-06-2005, 10:50
i highly suggest u just wait for the expansion pack when it come, im sure they will add new armor to that (bout 80% sure, due to the amount of places that will b added this summer and in the pack)

im not sure but they will probubly look 100x better then the recent ones :) just b patient

CÚrilia
27-06-2005, 12:41
is this meant to be?
Those armors are just for look... I mean you can play very well without them.
Being one of those poor players, I will never buy such an armor and I don't care!

Marquee
27-06-2005, 13:15
gold sinks are fine

but 750,000 is too much 350,000 maybe. Its just an aweful big gap between 15k armor and fissure armor with nothing to spend my money on inbetween wihich is frustrating

existonz09
27-06-2005, 14:09
Fissure armor is the Bentley and Ferrari of Guildwars. Not everyone can afford those cars. The way they made this gold sink is good; makes rich ppl wanna use their money for style and looks. The Marhan Grotto and Granite citadel armors are common nowadays, pretty much like Acura RSX and Honda Prelude. The 1.5k armors are the old model cars.. :)

i am 90% on my way to getting a fissure armor btw. :)

Pingo Black
27-06-2005, 14:18
One question for those with millions, if I may:

How and in what time did you manage to collect all that cash?

Not asking anyone to admit anything, I'm just wandering. I help others a lot in PvE, but I barely make enough to equip my two characters. If we didn't exchange droped weapons among friends, I'd need even more money.

So what is the answer? PvP? Farming? Bots?

Maybe A-Net can add job quests to the game? I liek to help out others, maybe I could earn some gold for that? :love38:

Oh well ...

existonz09
27-06-2005, 14:57
One question for those with millions, if I may:

How and in what time did you manage to collect all that cash?

Not asking anyone to admit anything, I'm just wandering. I help others a lot in PvE, but I barely make enough to equip my two characters. If we didn't exchange droped weapons among friends, I'd need even more money.

So what is the answer? PvP? Farming? Bots?

Maybe A-Net can add job quests to the game? I liek to help out others, maybe I could earn some gold for that? :love38:

Oh well ...

those that are making millions are mostly beta players that knows what weaps are in demand. before all this nerfing began, beta players was already advertising for wanting to buy gold weaps, 15% always / enchanted / >50% swords. now those weaps sell for 100k to 1million and more depending on looks and stats. i am not saying everyone btw. : ) i remember the good old times when a 15%>50% max dmg fellblade was sellin for merely 100k. Now those items are worth more than your account.

lred
27-06-2005, 14:59
Whether you farm for shard and globs directly, or farm for gold in order to buy those materials, it will take ages untill you have enough to purchase fissure/UW armor. At 1 to 2 shards per extended visit (doing all the quests), you'll need well over a hundred visits to Fissure. Alternatively, obtaining enough gold to buy the materials at the trader will also take a very very long time.
Unless of course you are in a top guild that gets to farm Sigils in PvP - which by far most players are not, or if you get your gold from Ebay.

existonz09
27-06-2005, 15:09
before the previous updates in UW, ectoplasm were dropping in bulks. :)
i collected 130+ ectos before they actually nerfed ectoplasm. LOL
so what was left for me was just shards. at a rate of 2-10shards per day (buying off ppl and going fissure), i am almost getting my fissure armor.

for those late collectors, LOL, good luck on ur start of material gathering..

vader
27-06-2005, 15:34
I remember the very first day the rare materials traders showed up. They were selling globs for about 750g each. I really wish I hadn't just started and had the gold back then that I have now. :(

ccrazool
27-06-2005, 16:53
Meh,

Gold sinks are gold sinks. Some are bigger than others.

If you think the FoW armor crafter gold sink has too big of a price tag on it, then just go ahead and get some Granite Citadel or Marhan's Grotto 15k armor. That's a gold sink with slightly less of a price tag.

It's supposed to be unbelivably expensive, man. That's the whole point of the Fissure armor crafter. No drop adjustments or quest reward adjustments are necessary at all. Doing so would just cheapen the reward for those that have already gotten their Fissure armor. "Great, now ANet made it so any guy can get Fissure armor" posts would ensue all over the place. Blah.

pghmonkey
27-06-2005, 17:04
Well I agree with the guy who said this is a luxury item. Poor players shouldnt have this armor it is supposed to be tough to get and I hope it stays that way. :happy34:

spiceses
28-06-2005, 03:12
IMO all of the traders are retarded, they should just have a set price for everything, none of this BS thats making certain itms worth way too much (Sup. absorb, globs/ecto) and other items worth way too little (Mesmer rune of maj. fast casting i found today = 25g = w00t im rich!). slightly off topic heh

set price? the price set by supply and demand by the traders reflects the actual "worth". the only reason sup vigor/absorb, ecto/shards are worth so much is because everyone wants them.

the reason mes runes are worthless....take a look around and see how many primary mes are in town...

ColdwaveKid
28-06-2005, 20:34
If you want that armor to come down in price, then sell Ecto and Shards to traders.

For my normal 15k armor I sold 20 ecto's to the traders and made off with like 100k.

The reason this stuff is so hard to get, is because people hoard the items to get it. If you want it cheaper, then wait till people start flooding the market with the stuff to get these cheaper.

Also if you play your cards right this armor only costs like 350,000 to make. Not bad to something to do when you did everything else.

crimsonangel
29-06-2005, 08:03
If you want that armor to come down in price, then sell Ecto and Shards to traders.

For my normal 15k armor I sold 20 ecto's to the traders and made off with like 100k.

The reason this stuff is so hard to get, is because people hoard the items to get it. If you want it cheaper, then wait till people start flooding the market with the stuff to get these cheaper.

Also if you play your cards right this armor only costs like 350,000 to make. Not bad to something to do when you did everything else.

how did u work it out to 350k? i know some of professions do not need shards(monk for example) for some of fissure armour therefore works out to 350k but i was mainly calculating in for warrs mostly sry i forgot to say that
if your not comfy to dicuss your calculations on forums pls send me a whisper IG (mistress Temptress) pls i'd like to know :)

Im Bogus
29-06-2005, 22:59
i just hope u will respond a simple question.

i cant seem to find fissure/UW in any map but i want to get there...can someone tell me where it is ? (a foto would be very nice)

i know groups leave at the ToA but i just wanted to get informed befor the long trip.

IBeJebus
29-06-2005, 23:02
i just hope u will respond a simple question.

i cant seem to find fissure/UW in any map but i want to get there...can someone tell me where it is ? (a foto would be very nice)

i know groups leave at the ToA but i just wanted to get informed befor the long trip.

Fissure/Uw are IN ToA. They are accesible at the status of Balthazar and Grenth. You talk to the avatar of Blathazar and pay 1 plat for entrance to the Fissure and u talk to the avatar of Grenth and pay 1 plat for entrance to UW.

snowkissed
29-06-2005, 23:06
Fissure/Uw are IN ToA. They are accesible at the status of Balthazar and Grenth. You talk to the avatar of Blathazar and pay 1 plat for entrance to the Fissure and u talk to the avatar of Grenth and pay 1 plat for entrance to UW.

Just to add, if someone already hasn't, you just kneel in front of the statue to get the proper avatar to appear.

Also, you can only gain entrance to UW/FoW if your server (American/Korean/European) has favor of the gods.

IBeJebus
29-06-2005, 23:08
Just to add, if someone already hasn't, you just kneel in front of the statue to get the proper avatar to appear.

You actually dont always have to. You only have to do that if noone else in the district has done it since favor has changed hands

snowkissed
29-06-2005, 23:11
You actually dont always have to. You only have to do that if noone else in the district has done it since favor has changed hands

That's why I said...

if someone already hasn't
I meant hasn't already kneeled. :happy05:

IBeJebus
29-06-2005, 23:12
That's why I said...

I meant hasn't already kneeled. :happy05:

Oh, i though you meant if someone already hasnt mentioned it... my bad. :D

snowkissed
29-06-2005, 23:15
Oh, i though you meant if someone already hasnt mentioned it... my bad. :D

My bad too. Bad sentence structure. Sometimes my boyfriend calls me "Yoda" :surprise:

WarriorOFfaith
30-06-2005, 21:48
All these kids complaining that they can never get 800plat can go cry in a closet. THIS IS A LUXURY item, the whole point of 75k and FoW armor is that if you can afford it, it's like bragging rights. They didn't make the 75k and FoW armors so that every single kid who plays the game will have it. If you have FoW armor then good for you, you earned it, cause 800k is a lot of gold to make, but if you can't, so what, IT is no different than the reg draknors armor except for the skins, and to be honest, you don't need good skins to be better. Complaining that you can't afford it gets you no where because it's not meant to be bought by everybody, the kids that can make the money earn it, but trying to convince AN to make it cheaper so taht you can afford it is just lame because this is no inhernet affect, just makes you look cool. Kids like me are sick of people complaining about the prices, you don't need it at all, it's a fun thing to try to get cause FoW armor makes you work hard as crap to purchase.

the chaser
01-07-2005, 18:58
All these kids complaining that they can never get 800plat can go cry in a closet. THIS IS A LUXURY item, the whole point of 75k and FoW armor is that if you can afford it, it's like bragging rights. They didn't make the 75k and FoW armors so that every single kid who plays the game will have it. If you have FoW armor then good for you, you earned it, cause 800k is a lot of gold to make, but if you can't, so what, IT is no different than the reg draknors armor except for the skins, and to be honest, you don't need good skins to be better. Complaining that you can't afford it gets you no where because it's not meant to be bought by everybody, the kids that can make the money earn it, but trying to convince AN to make it cheaper so taht you can afford it is just lame because this is no inhernet affect, just makes you look cool. Kids like me are sick of people complaining about the prices, you don't need it at all, it's a fun thing to try to get cause FoW armor makes you work hard as crap to purchase.

i agree.... this armonr is the peak of the RPG collects list if everyone has "fissure armor" than the lore of the game is going to appeal to a lot less people. and say for a wierd occurance that they did lower the price, naturaly alot more people would have it and there would be no point in haveing it

master ranger
12-04-2006, 14:21
actualy FoW armor isent 790k its arund 1,3 mill ectos are 7-8k ec shards 4k ec

tigercan
12-04-2006, 16:50
I by no means consider myself a rich player (usually have between 5k and 20k spread across all my characters) but I really wanted the Fissure tunic and arms for my necro so I set out to earn it.

Two man UW runs were what I started with - SS/SV necro is very easy to play and there's no shortage of 55 monks looking for a partner (finding one that won't deliberately get you killed then steal all the loot is another story...)

After a couple of weeks of dualing the UW I had around 20 ecto, then stumbled across a thread showing how to solo the UW as a necro.
I'm not a hardcore player by any means, and usually only fit in 2-3 hours play during the week and sometimes more in the weekend, but within a month or two I had all the ecto I needed for the armour I wanted.

Salvaging all the drops that weren't worth anything provided me with plenty of raw materials which could either be sold or crafted into the rare materials needed, so I was able to save a lot of money there too.

Admittedly, I was able to get the armour before the shard requirement was added which saved a lot of cash, but even with the shard component, selling drops/materials from UW runs would have yielded plenty of cash to buy the shards I needed.

I expect I'll get a response along the lines of "But I don't have a necro or monk to do two man UW runs"
Any caster can pair up with a monk to do those runs - necro's are preferred because of the added damage you can get on Spiteful Spirit, but any caster can take necro secondary then use spells from their primary class to help.

Warriors can solo profitable parts of the FoW with a bit of practice, and rangers can join 4-5 man trapper groups in the UW for a better chance of getting ecto's too.

If you really want Fissure armour you will have to do some farming - no doubt about that (unless you get extremely lucky and have a really desirable weapon drop for you elsewhere) but if a casual part time player like me can get it in a couple of months, I don't really see why others with more time to play should have a problem getting it.

bellissima
12-04-2006, 17:05
Holy thread ressurection Batman! :shocked:

actualy FoW armor isent 790k its arund 1,3 mill ectos are 7-8k ec shards 4k ec
I think it's safe to assume that ectos and shards had a different value LAST SUMMER!! :wink:

Cymboric Treewalker
12-04-2006, 17:14
Hi i couldnt find any suggestion forums so i hope its ok to post here :happy05:
Just wondering if Anet would consider better rewards for quests done in Fiss/UW for example
1) 5000xp quest gives 1 glob/shard as reward
2) 10000xp quest gives 3 glob/shard as reward
3) 150000xp quest gives 4 glob/shard as reward

Depending on where you are for e.g if u are in fissure the quest reward also includes an obsidian shard and no glob(since these only drop in UW)and vise versa

so far i only get 1 glob/shard every 3 attempts (on average)when i enter fiss/uw,sharing between 8 people the drop rates horrible

making a full set we need 120 glob and 120 shard=240 pieces

lets do a rough calculation

240(glob & shards) mulitply by 3000g(avg price people are selling per piece of glob/shard) = 720000g(woot)

5 piece of armour for 15k each = 75000g

Grand total of 795000g (795 plat)

is this meant to be?

Other suggestion
just my 2cents worth

When I was looking to do it -- the cost was 1.7 mil

the grieving terror
12-04-2006, 17:22
Holy thread ressurection Batman! :shocked:

lmao, thanks for that, I nearly spat drink at the screen :rolleyes:

Yes, master ranger, it would be sound advice to suggest that you should read the dates of threads in the future :grin:

The only reason I stopped saving for my necro's fissure armour is that after the AoE nerf and the advent of duo-farming, it all became just a bit too, well, trendy. Hehe.

Ora
12-04-2006, 18:18
Apart from the farming mentioned there is one more possibility: Grab the opportunity :wink:
I remember making a nice amount of game gold in the first 4 or 5 days of PvE ToPK.
My first run as tank failed, but I had the idea, a trapper might work nicely in there. So I dusted off my ranger (had not played her in months).
I sold my first Wenslauss Faith for more than 100 pt, 100 pt and 12 ectos for the first Victo's blade...:cool:
I bet, Factions will offer similar opportunities. You just need to keep your eyes open and find them. :wink: