PDA

View Full Version : Tired of Pickup Teams in Tombs

TheQuickness
27-06-2005, 18:59
Yea Im sure a lot of people have this problem. I am absolutely sick of pickup teams for tomb runs. Everyone bring a character they think kicks *** and noone seems to want to work together. And now that Im done with the majority of the grinding for skills(runes arent coming to me very easily so Im missing most superiors =/) I wanna be able to use the stuff I have grinded long hours to get.

I personally love the rare times when I get a team that has a build in mind. I usually get these teams by going district to district and spamming "Versitle player LFG, has most Mo, N, E, Me skills unlocked as well as many R ones. Wisper me with what your build needs." Of course I have to ignore the bajillions of people asking me to play healing monk b/c all their team really needs to win is a good healer....sure....you keep believing that....O_.

Well back to the point. I wanted to put my name here so anyone who needs to fill a hole in a thought out build can wisper me with what they need me to play and I can say if I can play that or not. In game Im usually on Bogosvet Verde, and I can play(like I kinda said before) a Mo, N, E, or Me, or any combination of those 4. I do have enough ranger skills to usually get by, however because I am missing a lot of them I wouldnt count on me being able to play ranger for your build. and if your wondering, I COULD play warrior, but I ain't gonna....its boring.

So if you run builds in tombs alot, or just have a build you wanna test out before asking your guild to use it in GvG, and you need another person wisper me, recently Im spending a lot of time wandering around trying to cap a few elites I dont have and gain another skill point or two in the process so Ill probably be available to help out.

Joe_Synner
27-06-2005, 19:56
Well if it weren't for pick-up teams i would never get to play, granted i'll prolly never win (though we have come close) but its better to have played and lost, then to never have played at all :happy34:

Seriously though i really want to get on an organised team but it takes FOREVER to get in one... but yeah hit me up anytime for some HoH... IGN Joe Synner.. i usually pvp with Mistress Halisstra

FidzleFou
27-06-2005, 20:00
im having a hard time finding a group for the HoH because Rangers are not wanted in groups.

Nadril
28-06-2005, 03:02
im having a hard time finding a group for the HoH because Rangers are not wanted in groups.

Yeah, People only want their Precious "Air eles" and "healing monks"

90% of the people i see are looking for those. If only the could understand the importance of some clases, usualy, the ranger/mesmer(which i am)/Necro. Those 3 are some of the most underrated. lol.

Smrterthnu
28-06-2005, 07:39
Yeah I know.

Tannen
28-06-2005, 08:14
This idea started on another forum, by someone else, but here it is:

#GWpugs on gamesnet

So far, not many people idle. But it is a place where you can find others wanting to do Tombs, talk about builds, and all that. Seems a like a small step in the right direction, from "LFG LFG LFG"
:)

Crimson Stigmata
28-06-2005, 08:19
just wondering, are you already in a guild? Cos one thing to start with is to ask guildies if they want to do tombs or something. Of course, I know that some guilds aren't that very active and usually have fewer members online. ^_^

VVild
28-06-2005, 11:19
Yea Im sure a lot of people have this problem. I am absolutely sick of pickup teams for tomb runs. Everyone bring a character they think kicks *** and noone seems to want to work together. And now that Im done with the majority of the grinding for skills(runes arent coming to me very easily so Im missing most superiors =/) I wanna be able to use the stuff I have grinded long hours to get.

I personally love the rare times when I get a team that has a build in mind. I usually get these teams by going district to district and spamming "Versitle player LFG, has most Mo, N, E, Me skills unlocked as well as many R ones. Wisper me with what your build needs." Of course I have to ignore the bajillions of people asking me to play healing monk b/c all their team really needs to win is a good healer....sure....you keep believing that....O_.

Well back to the point. I wanted to put my name here so anyone who needs to fill a hole in a thought out build can wisper me with what they need me to play and I can say if I can play that or not. In game Im usually on Bogosvet Verde, and I can play(like I kinda said before) a Mo, N, E, or Me, or any combination of those 4. I do have enough ranger skills to usually get by, however because I am missing a lot of them I wouldnt count on me being able to play ranger for your build. and if your wondering, I COULD play warrior, but I ain't gonna....its boring.

So if you run builds in tombs alot, or just have a build you wanna test out before asking your guild to use it in GvG, and you need another person wisper me, recently Im spending a lot of time wandering around trying to cap a few elites I dont have and gain another skill point or two in the process so Ill probably be available to help out.

If you don't want to attract idiots, perhaps begin by spelling versatile correctly :0. From there, just get into a guild man, soo much better when you can just call on some friends to come join you, versus risking a good portion of your gaming time playing with people who are much better at solo farming (I can pwn 4 giants at a time! Why shouldn't I be able to hand a puny 8 person HoH team!).

Mystic Marz
28-06-2005, 15:55
Our Guild the Mighty Mystics have 27+ players. We just started to do Tombs as practice for GvG and are testing out all sorts of builts and strategies. We do Tombs every Tuesday/Thursday @ 8/9pm EST and Weekends @ 2/3pm EST. We are a friendly/mature Guild and don't tolerate crude behaviour. If any of you are interested in PvP with us to help us grow as a Guild and advance on the PvP ladder, check us out www.gw.mysticteam.com (http://www.gw.mysticteam.com) We have cape, hall, TS. Click "JOIN" and leave your info to qualify for invite. Thx and gl to all.

this_barb
29-06-2005, 04:28
Personally, I think PUGs arent all that bad. I usually host my own team and it takes a pretty long time to get a group of really experienced people. But to make the job easier, I don't run any of my team builds that require strange or seemingly-obsolete skills. Usually I run my warrior build and most people seem to be content with it (Got to HOH twice within 2 hours, died first time to EOE exploit and died end time to Putrid, both getting nerfed, heh). Well, we didn't win forsay, but we did give a good fight until we all dropped at once to either of the two gay strategies mentioned above.

Usually I run rank 3+ groups, but sometimes I run rank 2+ groups if there aren'
t many rank 3+ players on. If you are interested, just whisper me anytime at "Hi Im Super Cute"

this_barb
29-06-2005, 04:30
Well if it weren't for pick-up teams i would never get to play, granted i'll prolly never win (though we have come close) but its better to have played and lost, then to never have played at all :happy34:

Seriously though i really want to get on an organised team but it takes FOREVER to get in one... but yeah hit me up anytime for some HoH... IGN Joe Synner.. i usually pvp with Mistress Halisstra

Not necessarily true, the countless times my team lost in HOH to the EOE exploit is unbearable. I was on the verge of quitting. It may not be a hack and it may not be cheating, but it sure as hell ain't skill.

GoingIncognito
29-06-2005, 17:09
I've seen you in the Tombs plenty, this_barb. I feel your pain about exploitish wins in the halls...Very annoying when your well thought out and organized group gets totally pwned by something that took a minute to throw together. It's unfortunate, but oh well :(

Crimson Stigmata
29-06-2005, 18:20
Last night we had a suicide group. Actually me and my guildies were testing a build and after we're done (12 am EST), I still felt like Tombing. So this guy made an announcement:

"Anyone LFG go to Healer Hench"

So I thought, "i just want to fight and test my build.so alright."

I went to join his group that ended up with only one healer...our beloved Henchman. Well, we were all laughing about it. We just wanted to play.

First stage, no one attempted to kill Rifts obviously. so we stayed at the center. It was easy.

2nd stage, we were up against an organized group. They had 2-3 real monks (dont remember i was on my 3rd glass of wine). Surprisingly, we killed them in no time. Healer Henchie for the win :D

3rd stage was the priest thingy with the 6 team battle. We lost that time as we expected. But that 1 fame I gained from the suicide build is special :lol:

I still can't wait to be rank 3. I think i need like 29 fames still. If you need a IW mesmer (a build I am testing right now which is very promising) or if you need a mesmer, necro or ranger...send me an In game invite - Mina Kiefervon I'm bored of PvEing my 3rd char (Mo/W)

Croix Rheymis
29-06-2005, 18:26

Correction, lots of people do want rangers. Spike groups want rangers for frozen soil and nature's renewal. Many other types of groups love a nice symbiosis or fertile season when holding an altar or just plain defending. Though a majority of groups want rangers for spirits, I wouldn't mind having a poison spammer on my side. Not to mention that a flame slinging ranger has nice dps in addition to all the other stuff they can do.

Joe_Synner
29-06-2005, 21:55
Not necessarily true, the countless times my team lost in HOH to the EOE exploit is unbearable. I was on the verge of quitting. It may not be a hack and it may not be cheating, but it sure as hell ain't skill.

Yeah i would agree if you spent alot of time creating a build then finding people ot make it happen then getting raped by a not so fair fight... but i was referring to having fun in tombs with random pickups :happy34: