PDA

View Full Version : PvP Hammer Warrior Build (Please Help)

AtkaJoe
28-06-2005, 10:07
I'm just wondering what a really good solid build would be that is good for interrupting casters (or just helping out a PvP team in general) (And I'm pretty sure it involves a hammer).

HappyPants
28-06-2005, 10:59
You could try something like:
Backbreaker
crushing blow
aftershock
Staggering Blow
Heavy Blow
Breserker Stace
Sprint
Res Signet

Use breserker stance to get the adrenaline for backbreaker. Once you have it use backbreaker followed by a crushing blow and aftershock. Hit them with staggering blow and then heavy blow to knock them down again and hit them with another aftershock. Use sprint to catch targets that are running and the signet to resurrect an ally when needed.

You could Spec your stats to 12 hammer 10 earth and 8 strength, or play around with it a bit. Some people might tell you to get 12 earth.

Try out some skills and find the ones that work together and go from there.

this_barb
29-06-2005, 04:40
I do believe 12 Earth would mathematically be better than a 5% increase of armor penetration considering that Aftershock is an AOE and its damage rises multiplicatively as more people get hit by it.

I also like Devastating Hammer more than Backbreaker.

Hurin66
29-06-2005, 04:53
I do believe 12 Earth would mathematically be better than a 5% increase of armor penetration considering that Aftershock is an AOE and its damage rises multiplicatively as more people get hit by it.

I also like Devastating Hammer more than Backbreaker.

Lol never, 5% armor penetration is worth a lot in the long run.

But yeah Devestating hammer over backbreaker because it will save you a skills slot so:

Devestating Hammer
Heavy Blow
Mighty Blow
Crushing Blow
Beserker Stance
Sprint
AfterShock
Res Signet

Hammer 12+4
Strength 10+3
Earth 8

(2 superior runes is ok for a warrior since you have good armor and wont often be targeted, just make sure you got +hp hammer grip)

this_barb
29-06-2005, 05:16
Strength is incredibly overrated.

Redlimit
29-06-2005, 09:21
You are going to want the extra damage that 12 Earth gives to your Aftershocks more than you are going to want armor penetration. This is a no-brainer. Have enough Strength for a good duration on skills like Berserker Stance and Endure Pain and thats it (between 6-10 depending on what you want).

HappyPants
29-06-2005, 09:25
Backbreaker also adds some damage, has a 4 seconds knockdown which allows you to use crushing blow and aftershock on the same knockdown. This is a lot more damage in a shorter time period. In the long run I am unsure if devestating hammer which would allow you to knock down more often would be better. The choice depends on your preference and they type of characters the rest of your team is running.

Seraph Ross
29-06-2005, 22:08
Hey atkajoe, im a W/N hammer user ive had alot of success with my current pvp build:
strength: 15 (12 + 1 from helmet + 2 from major strength)
hammer: 12 (11 + 1 from minor hammer rune)
curses: 6

rush - good skill for chasing someone down uses adrenaline and is a stance
berserker stance - good to do alot of hit quick n build up adrenaline, stance
counter blow - good vs attackers and to help one of ur teammates get away
devastating hammer (elite) - good knockdown also applies weaken
power attack - this move is great only 5energy cost, alot of dmg
rigor mortis - this is for countering people who evade or block
endure pain - LIFE SAVER!!!!
res signet - res someone full life real fast

using collector hammer with the max dmg +15%dmg in stance, chucked on a sundering hilt for 10% more penetration, a fortitude to counter the hp loss from the major rune and customized for more dmg and stonefist gauntlet to lengthen knockdowns. Earth magic isnt the only thing good for hammer. Curses is a great support i usually swap some skills like endurepain and res signet for Weaken Armor or Malaise just depends if i got reliable monks. plague touch is good too no attribs needed.

This build uses alot of adrenaline and little energy. and i use rush alot becoz with strength at 15 it lasts for 20seconds givin me the extra +15%dmg in stance. u can do alot of dps to monks, rangers, ele's. necros a little less n vs other warriors not using hammer u do more dmg than they do to u, use counterblow, power attack, devastating hammer if they are goin to cast then power attackn continue. im sure theres other really good builds out there but atm this works for me. hope it helps

YamatoTwinkie
29-06-2005, 22:38
Backbreaker also adds some damage, has a 4 seconds knockdown which allows you to use crushing blow and aftershock on the same knockdown. This is a lot more damage in a shorter time period. In the long run I am unsure if devestating hammer which would allow you to knock down more often would be better. The choice depends on your preference and they type of characters the rest of your team is running.

I have a W/E aftershock build, and (with stonefist gauntlets) both crushing blow AND aftershock can both be used on the same knockdown following devastating hammer.

VVild
01-07-2005, 05:01

Backbreaker unfortunately is bugged, never lasts longer than 3 seconds WITH stonefirst gauntlets, unless this has changed in which case I'll start playing knockdown again ;).

Llaine
02-07-2005, 09:48
Is it possible to make a good w/mo hammer build?

I heard a smiting/hammer w/mo build is pretty awesome

Twin Stroke
02-07-2005, 10:35
hmm how can a smiting and hammer build be good... if u smite u need a off hand or shield for some extra benefits. i dont see any smiting wars that use hammers

desco
11-07-2005, 00:06
hmm how can a smiting and hammer build be good... if u smite u need a off hand or shield for some extra benefits. i dont see any smiting wars that use hammers

JI
10 blablabla