PDA

View Full Version : So, Putrid Explosion, nerf-worthy?

this_barb
30-06-2005, 06:28
Personally, I think this skill should be hit with the nerf-bat.

No cooldown, crazy damage. Yea definitely deserves some kind of nerf.

Hurin66
30-06-2005, 07:25
I doubt it, the only reason i can see it getting nerfed is that it makes in nearly impossible to animate or use wells, but thats sort of the point of it isnt it?

this_barb
30-06-2005, 07:36
Considering in pvp, if your entire team goes down, you can still win it by spamming putrid, its just not really fair. I expect atleast a moderate cooldown on it.

VVild
30-06-2005, 07:56
If your entire team goes down, there's quite a lot of pressure on that one nec to kill the rest of the enemy team..won't happen that often. On the other hand, a suiciding nec team with maybe two courpse exploders interfering with two other teams going at it would be a bit lame..Suddenly everyone dead and providing bodies to kill even more with. But...that monk spell that prevents a character from losing more than 10% hp would just destroy this build.

enryb
30-06-2005, 08:29
I think its good how it is.

nonbeliever
30-06-2005, 18:41
That's if your entire party goes down and this is all your necro can do. Besides that, there usually aren't enough corpses to really kill anyone with putrid.

Furqan
30-06-2005, 19:07
That's if your entire party goes down and this is all your necro can do. Besides that, there usually aren't enough corpses to really kill anyone with putrid.

i think a valid point is raised though that wells have become almost obsolete in PvP... it's simply too slow of a cast time to compete with putrid spam.

on the other hand... a simple counter is to just kill their necro first and well to your hearts content.

enryb
30-06-2005, 20:26
Plus, if they nerf putrid explosion it will give even less of a reason to play a necro primary :/

Sadow
30-06-2005, 20:34
The easiest counter is to just get your own Necromancer to Well/Putrid the corpses before the opposing Necromancer can get to them.

Hart
30-06-2005, 21:57
It has no recharge time because it requires a corpse and can't be aimed. If you're dying fast enough that there are a ready supply of corpses to be blown up, the necromancer isn't the problem you should be focusing on. I estimate that about 50% of the time I use this skill in PvP I blow up a corpse that isn't close enough to hit my target, draining 10 power for nothing.

Remember, skills that require corpses are only useful if there are bodies around. Until that point in time they can't be cast, and are 100% equivalent to an empty skill slot.

djWHEAT
01-07-2005, 00:36
Remember, skills that require corpses are only useful if there are bodies around. Until that point in time they can't be cast, and are 100% equivalent to an empty skill slot.

Great point... couldn't have put it better.

BTW, after reading all these posts... do I understand that if a Well is brought up on a corpse, it cannot be hit with a "putrid" spell? And vise versa?

Hart
01-07-2005, 02:11
Great point... couldn't have put it better.

BTW, after reading all these posts... do I understand that if a Well is brought up on a corpse, it cannot be hit with a "putrid" spell? And vise versa?

Corpses can only be exploited once, so one Putrid, Animate, Well, Consume, Traversal, etc. - anything that says 'exploit' and 'corpse' in the same skill, basically.

VVild
01-07-2005, 10:35
A build using this as the main killer really revolves around strong group cohesion, and the enemy team being near enough to get hit by it all at once. So long as you don't let them get your team in a bunch, you should be fine. Don't forget, this strategy can also go both ways; you can explode their courpses just as easily as they can, and turning those suicidal necs into wonderfully cool looking wells can really be a turning point. After all, most of those courpses need to go boom in order for them to do anything worth losing have the team.

Death Sigma
02-07-2005, 03:31
I don't think it should be changed at all, there isn't that many bodies in PvP anyway. People also tend to spread out more in PvP, so chances are rare that your going to hit more than 2 people with a putrid. And like others have said, you are giving up a corpse that could be used as a well to heal your teamates or animating a corpse that could help in tanking for some damage. There are benefits and drawbacks to it, and the cool-down time means using up the corpses faster, which could give an opponent the edge if someone gets obsessed with spamming it.

PROLINKer
02-07-2005, 03:44
Lol, as I was reading the first post it's like Necromancer don't have any problems yet. Putrid is not that useful in PvP but in PvE it's great.

We, the necromancer, already have a lot of problem so please don't bat anymore nerf-grinding suggestions. Thats a request from a necromacner that's often not invited in a party because they only want monks, warrior and elementals. :love57:

Hurin66
02-07-2005, 03:51
No suiciding putrid explosion team would be as lame as the edge of extinction exploit team.

Oh yeah it is amazing in PvE: 4 Bone Minions + Death novas = 400 dmg, then just chain the putrids. :happy65: