PDA

View Full Version : Underworld soloing

Thy Guardian
30-06-2005, 18:34
I'm sure other people have pulled this off... soloing in the Underworld.

I've come up with a build that makes me invincible to Bladed Aatxes. I can clear them all out myself, but the problem comes after that...

Does anyone have any tactics/tricks for soloing the Grasping Darknesses? They just swarm me and drain my energy until I have nothing left. I'm thinking that my build isn't going to be any good because I have room for only 1 attack skill. Is it possible to get into the Smite Crawler area without killing the Grasping Darknesses? If not, I need a way to solo them... I'm sure people have done it before.

darkdataflow
30-06-2005, 18:57
What primary/secondary are you?

Im Bogus
30-06-2005, 22:22
if i could see your build i could come with some idea on how to help... for now i can do nothing but to wish u luck :D

Judas Priest
30-06-2005, 22:37
"Underworld soloing?" I will believe it when I see you kill one thing in the Underworld by yourself. Superior Absorption runes and Superior Vigors dont stack and you cant possibly kill something that does over 30 damage to you per hit. Especially if their is a whole group of monsters there you are trying to fight. I would be lucky if I can stop getting killed by things more then half my level. The Underworld monsters abilities do well over 50 to my character. I dont know about you, but I've tried 3 different sets with superior vigor and superior absorption on each of them and I can not last monsters 5 levels below me. Whoever told you they can solo the Underworld and you believed it, makes you a moron.

Buddah
30-06-2005, 22:44
"Underworld soloing?" I will believe it when I see you kill one thing in the Underworld by yourself............ The Underworld monsters abilities do well over 50 to my character. I dont know about you, but I've tried 3 different sets with superior vigor and superior absorption on each of them and I can not last monsters 5 levels below me. Whoever told you they can solo the Underworld and you believed it, makes you a moron.

Well, I know I can solo groups of level 24's. Three to five depending on the type and what build I use. Handling two lv 28's could be doable.

I suspect he's using a Warrior/????? or an Elem. Load up with stances are skills that cause blindness. Those huge hits of 30-50 dmg mean nothing if they don't land.

TheNug
30-06-2005, 23:16
maybe a smiting monk.

Judas Priest
01-07-2005, 00:28
Well, I know I can solo groups of level 24's. Three to five depending on the type and what build I use. Handling two lv 28's could be doable.

Character Build?

I have 3 characters, none of which can last down there.
W/N20 - Main Set w/ Superior Absorption+Superior Vigor.
R/E20 - Drakescale Set w/ Superior Vigor.
Mo/N20 - Wanderer's Set w/ Superior Vigor.

I'd also like to know what skills you have equipped while fighting down there. Would be really helpful. Thanks!

Thy Guardian
01-07-2005, 01:50
"Underworld soloing?" I will believe it when I see you kill one thing in the Underworld by yourself. Superior Absorption runes and Superior Vigors dont stack and you cant possibly kill something that does over 30 damage to you per hit. Especially if their is a whole group of monsters there you are trying to fight. I would be lucky if I can stop getting killed by things more then half my level. The Underworld monsters abilities do well over 50 to my character. I dont know about you, but I've tried 3 different sets with superior vigor and superior absorption on each of them and I can not last monsters 5 levels below me. Whoever told you they can solo the Underworld and you believed it, makes you a moron.I have killed 6 level 29 Bladed Aatxes at the same time, solo. Just because you can't come up with a skill setup to solo kill high level monsters out of the hundreds of skills in the game, doesn't mean it's not possible. In fact it would be quite igorant to think that there aren't many skill setups to make yourself invincible.

Buddah
01-07-2005, 03:40
Just because you can't come up with a skill setup to solo kill high level monsters out of the hundreds of skills in the game, doesn't mean it's not possible. In fact it would be quite igorant to think that there aren't many skill setups to make yourself invincible.
You can become a formable weapon against certain creatures with the right skills in the bar. But, at the same time you might leave a gaping hole in your defense against another. It's quite a trade off.

Thy Guardian
01-07-2005, 04:07
Well a perfect example of that is my original post... I can easily kill all of the aatxes, but I stand no chance against the Grasping Darknesses. I can live forever but I can't do any damage to them. They all have interrupting attacks, as well as melee attacks that drain 5 mana per hit. It MIGHT be possible if I could manage to split them up a bit but that's going to be pretty hard.

TheNug
01-07-2005, 05:17
Character Build?

I have 3 characters, none of which can last down there.
W/N20 - Main Set w/ Superior Absorption+Superior Vigor.
R/E20 - Drakescale Set w/ Superior Vigor.
Mo/N20 - Wanderer's Set w/ Superior Vigor.

I'd also like to know what skills you have equipped while fighting down there. Would be really helpful. Thanks!

woah, where did you quote this? i think this was when i was farming ettins from beetletun, maybe :confused: .

anyway the setup i used was

zealot fire
balthazar's aura
symbol of wrath
healing hands
orison of healing
healing breeze
shielding hands or mending
essence bond or balthazar's spirit - doesn't matter which

so basically i put on essence bond and mending and ran to the ettins dragging along 6-8 mergoyles. i ring up 3-6 ettins and cast healing hands and healing breeze. as you can imgaine all the mergoyles hitting me gave me a lot of life due to the healing hands but more importantly infinite energy due to essence bond. i then used zealot fire/balthazar's aura/symbol of wrath and just spam orison/healing breeze. i missed farming the ettins so much, so many runes :sad53:.

i wasn't talking about UW when i wrote that :p .
i don't see any problem soloing the atax but the ghouls as stabwound mentioned is a problem.

since i'm a monk, i would try protective spirit and other damage reducing skills such as shielding hands coupled with smiting and healing.

for other classes i would try blind(blurred vision)/dodge(tactic stances)/defense buffs. i'm also thinking about mist form and aoe's. since i've never used mist form can someone tell me if you can still use spells when under the enchantment?

Thy Guardian
01-07-2005, 05:21
I think I figured out how to kill the grasping darknesses but it will take an extremely long time. I'm gonna try it.

Emalf
01-07-2005, 06:54
does mist form work against aatxes?

Phonicsmonkey
01-07-2005, 10:58
does mist form work against aatxes?
yeah, almost certain it does.

Thy Guardian
01-07-2005, 16:57
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v223/Stabwound/GuildWars/underworld.gif

the chaser
01-07-2005, 18:39
good enough pruff for me.... but u still did not state your class or skill lists and maybe i can help inprove it :happy34:

hazing
18-07-2005, 01:33
hey, u can solo uw up to coldfire nights, then it gets tough,
like i can take on 10-15 monsters at once(bladed axes and darknessed combined) :idea: , it takes timing and practice, buts its worth it :D

Vladamirs Bane
20-07-2005, 07:03
W/Mo have an interesting method of soloing.

You use all the types of Warrior Superior Runes that give -75 hp.

-75x5=-375

This leaves you with a bit under 200 health.

-Now what u do is Spam Protective Spirit So it never runs out.
-This means that you take a little under 20 damage from anything that hits you. You use this with Mending+Healing Breeze.
-You also use Balthazaar's Spirit+Essense Bond to Keep mana up (2 mana a shot)

Now this leaves 3 slots for damage dealers. A good option is Symbol of wrath, cheap and good damage, as well as zealots fire, if you can spam attacks.

Finally, when you come up against those annoying scarab things, you might want healing hands to keep ur health up. There are a lot attacking, so that means a lot of heals.

Mraezk
20-07-2005, 07:36
I can handle two aatxes at once on my Monk. Three is possible, but not worth the risk. I'd be really interested to see how anyone could possibly handle more. The only way I can think of is to use a build similar to mine (Protective Spirit/bond) and lower your Health as much as possible. Even then I still don't think it'd work so well.

Darknesses aren't that hard at all. With Judge's Armor and Shielding hands, they do very little damage, and take, I believe, double damage to holy/smite stuff.

(Not disregarding your proof, but it'd be more convincing if it showed the full screen, and party window. :))

Midget Tosser
20-07-2005, 07:40
I can handle two aatxes at once on my Monk. Three is possible, but not worth the risk. I'd be really interested to see how anyone could possibly handle more. The only way I can think of is to use a build similar to mine (Protective Spirit/bond) and lower your Health as much as possible. Even then I still don't think it'd work so well.

Darknesses aren't that hard at all. With Judge's Armor and Shielding hands, they do very little damage, and take, I believe, double damage to holy/smite stuff.

(Not disregarding your proof, but it'd be more convincing if it showed the full screen, and party window. :))

The drops don't have a reserve on them for party members so he's solo.

Mraezk
20-07-2005, 07:51
The drops don't have a reserve on them for party members so he's solo.

Ah good catch. Still I believe there is a way around that. Not that I'm saying that is the case, as I no reason to doubt him, having done similar myself.

Camaris Spectre
21-07-2005, 16:33
Would Bonetti's Defense help with the Grasping Darknesses for a Mo/W? Skill slots would be tight, but it seems like you could get some energy with Bonetti's. Before it ends switch to a second stance - gladiator's would be great if you could spare the elite spot. Then while glads is running you could spam orison with zealots to do damage/heal up - or just fire off a bal's aura if the life is doing ok.

Saerden
21-07-2005, 17:39
I think there is a nice trick some people dont know ... never tried it since im a wa / mo and not the solo god, mo / something else :)

Should i spoil it or do you want to figure it out for yourself? Hint: it involves something that is not maxed...

edit: I am refering to what i think the OP used to solo the aataxes, sadly i dont how he killed the grasping things ...

miteethor
21-07-2005, 21:39
I think there is a nice trick some people dont know ... never tried it since im a wa / mo and not the solo god, mo / something else :)

Should i spoil it or do you want to figure it out for yourself? Hint: it involves something that is not maxed...

edit: I am refering to what i think the OP used to solo the aataxes, sadly i dont how he killed the grasping things ...

Monks Rule Underworld:
http://miteethor.dyndns.org/gw/gw023.jpg
http://miteethor.dyndns.org/gw/gw024.jpg
http://miteethor.dyndns.org/gw/gw027.jpg

Thy Guardian
21-07-2005, 21:46
Sell since this is pretty wide open, I may as well brag.

Since the original post I've come up with a nice way to do this. I can easily clear all of the smite crawlers solo, as well as completing 2 quests (Clear the Chamber and Lost Souls but the latter is very hard to do solo and I've only been able to do it once).

I'm not saying I'm special, and I know a lot of people do this now; maybe this thread caused a lot of people to try it.

EDIT: Please note that I will not answer any questions about this or give any help on it. Any in-game messages or forum PMs will be ignored.

MrBurninator
22-07-2005, 22:56
I was curious as to how you all keep your energy levels up. Protective Bond + Balthazars Spirit and Essence Bond = Neutral on Energy per hit. Bonetti's seems to be the answer to the problem. Am I correct?

LiQuID StEeL
23-07-2005, 02:35
A few people in my guild can solo UW past the smites in around an hour using a Mo/W. It uses one Superior rune of each, and another superior. Put these on any armor (ANY armor, it doesnt matter), and you will have 105hp (i think that the number). Cast up the 4 Enchants, and swarm a bunch up.

Boetti's Defense
Baltahzar's Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Healing Breeze
Protective Bond
Essence Bond
Balthazar's Spirit
Mending

Max Smiting
Enough in protection to get prot bond to a 2 atribute
enough healing to get 3 pips of mending
put the rest in divine favor or tactics

run in, and they will only be able to hit you for 1dmg each hit, which mending will take care of. Once bonettis charges up, cast balth aura, breeze, and bonettis. Keep this going, and eventually they will die.

I have not yet tried this, as my monk doesnt have enough skill points to make it work yet.

Nrgu
23-07-2005, 02:58
use sup vigor for the mo/w soloing?

LiQuID StEeL
23-07-2005, 03:22
No, you want as low of health as possible. The lower the max health, the less per hit you can take, and the less you need to heal up.

Mirk
23-07-2005, 03:42
A few people in my guild can solo UW past the smites in around an hour using a Mo/W. It uses one Superior rune of each, and another superior. Put these on any armor (ANY armor, it doesnt matter), and you will have 105hp (i think that the number). Cast up the 4 Enchants, and swarm a bunch up.

Boetti's Defense
Baltahzar's Aura
Symbol of Wrath
Healing Breeze
Protective Bond
Essence Bond
Balthazar's Spirit
Mending

Max Smiting
Enough in protection to get prot bond to a 2 atribute
enough healing to get 3 pips of mending
put the rest in divine favor or tactics

run in, and they will only be able to hit you for 1dmg each hit, which mending will take care of. Once bonettis charges up, cast balth aura, breeze, and bonettis. Keep this going, and eventually they will die.

I have not yet tried this, as my monk doesnt have enough skill points to make it work yet.

I seem to be hearing quite a few ways to solo uw alone.and only with Monks.
The guy who provided the pics of his skills etc.You totally put the whole kitten kabootle out there for everyone to see.and cleared up a few of my questions.lol.If i knew exactly how you did it that way,attribute pts setup.id be good to go. :worship:

Mirk
23-07-2005, 03:44
I seem to be hearing quite a few ways to solo uw alone.and only with Monks.
The guy who provided the pics of his skills etc.You totally put the whole kitten kabootle out there for everyone to see.and cleared up a few of my questions.lol.If i knew exactly how you did it that way,attribute pts setup.id be good to go. :worship:

miteethor
23-07-2005, 04:48

Actually they hit for 5 each unless you have someone in the back adding a life bond/life barrier then it's 1. When solo the most you can reduce the damage is 5. healing Breeze gets a little scary, because a mob of 8 would do 40 damage per second, and the breeze would only give you back max 20, and it can be interrupted at 1 sec casting. Since you only have 105 health, you can only take 2.5 seconds of hits against a mob of 8 before death. And since Healing Breeze takes 2 seconds to recover one miss and your dead. With Divine Boon you heal the full 105 every time and at 1/4 second you rarely miss even in a malestrom. Also if it does get interrupted you can normaly try 1-2 more times before you die.

And you will die - this is not an easy build to run. When I am in the back protecting a close range nuker, I can keep them alive easily and indefinitely. When I am up front protecting myself one bad luck of energy drain at the wrong time or too much bleeding etc and I'm dead.

Ubermancer
23-07-2005, 06:04
Where do you get the items that gives you a % chance to cast a spell at a level higher then what you actually have your attribute at?

Alternatively, if anyone has a protection/healing one of those for sale, Ill buy it. [stats really dont matter, just want the chance]

DIEnamic
24-07-2005, 09:49
I don't understand why the thread creator wanted help with his solo UW build but wants to keep it a secret... why make this thread? If you were smart enough to actually make a build to clear the aatxes instead of copying it off a forum then it shouldn't be hard to figure out how to beat the squids.

Martyr of Divinity
24-07-2005, 11:08
The truth of the matter is, this build he speaks of, is invincible to melee and spell casters that do not cast dots or shatter enchantments...also mass knockdown and mass interrupt mobs are a pita it's a 50/50 kinda thing with those....i duo smiter runes with ease, i'd suggest taking a partner to make things laughably easy in UW. This isn't UW (which I have solo'd many times clear through smiters), but here's a video I made to demonstrate, mind you I don't have one of my most important UW soloing skills on my bar cause I didn't need it here, and sprint shortened the video slightly.

Enjoy!

http://files.filefront.com/Farming_Tengu;3960913;/fileinfo.html

COMING SOON:
UNDERWORLD SOLO (when I'm not feeling so lazy)

hazing
25-07-2005, 21:50
:winking47
http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/6204/starryowns12nk.jpg

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/2034/starryownsu3qw.jpg

http://img285.imageshack.us/img285/1936/starryowns3gb.jpg

Thy Guardian
25-07-2005, 22:21
I don't understand why the thread creator wanted help with his solo UW build but wants to keep it a secret... why make this thread? If you were smart enough to actually make a build to clear the aatxes instead of copying it off a forum then it shouldn't be hard to figure out how to beat the squids.This thread was made a long time ago if you checked the date. I've been soloing UW long before it became popular.

Shinshi
26-07-2005, 16:21
I can solo the aatxzes aswell with my warrior built. I cant kill them really fast and it probably take me 10 minutes to kill one alone but I can kill them. I can also kill those darknesses aswell. Unless they do soathing images cause then i am screwed. Again I cant kill them fast but in the end I am victorius. Its nicer to go with a group though=)

BoomHeadshot
26-07-2005, 21:45
i can solo them now thx for the build guys, but how do i get to those smiter guys?

DataPhreak
29-07-2005, 06:59
Actually they hit for 5 each unless you have someone in the back adding a life bond/life barrier then it's 1. When solo the most you can reduce the damage is 5. healing Breeze gets a little scary, because a mob of 8 would do 40 damage per second, and the breeze would only give you back max 20, and it can be interrupted at 1 sec casting. Since you only have 105 health, you can only take 2.5 seconds of hits against a mob of 8 before death. And since Healing Breeze takes 2 seconds to recover one miss and your dead. With Divine Boon you heal the full 105 every time and at 1/4 second you rarely miss even in a malestrom. Also if it does get interrupted you can normaly try 1-2 more times before you die.

You have to think about what you are going up against also. In the UW, the mending/healing breeze is a good combo because of bleeding. However, when farming other places for gold and runes, I perfer the divine boon/extra smiting cause you can take about 20 at a time. Know Thy Enemy. Theres a couple of other setups out there and each is very useful in the right situation.

Boogiepop
29-07-2005, 19:10
Anyone's got luck with an E/Mo? I've tried to imitate the builds posted above but, since I can't go higher than 12 in Protection, Protective Bond eats 3 energy per hit :( . Ether Renewal won't do cause it's on too long a recharge time to be a substitute for Bonetti.

Any help?

kung food
30-07-2005, 19:39
Would it be helpful to carry around a shield that gives -2 damage while enchanted, or does the damage reduction take place before protective bond cuts the damage to 5% of max health?

Kamahl
30-07-2005, 19:48
"Underworld soloing?" I will believe it when I see you kill one thing in the Underworld by yourself. Superior Absorption runes and Superior Vigors dont stack and you cant possibly kill something that does over 30 damage to you per hit. Especially if their is a whole group of monsters there you are trying to fight. I would be lucky if I can stop getting killed by things more then half my level. The Underworld monsters abilities do well over 50 to my character. I dont know about you, but I've tried 3 different sets with superior vigor and superior absorption on each of them and I can not last monsters 5 levels below me. Whoever told you they can solo the Underworld and you believed it, makes you a moron.you are the moron here i solo smites with my mo/w all the time

Emalf
30-07-2005, 20:56
you are the moron here i solo smites with my mo/w all the time

that kid got served.

LuciaArc
30-07-2005, 23:09
Would it be helpful to carry around a shield that gives -2 damage while enchanted, or does the damage reduction take place before protective bond cuts the damage to 5% of max health?

Protective bond factors in damage after your armour and any damage reductions.....I think.

At any rate, once the ataxe uses gash on you (and it will), you take around 4 damage only with protective bond anyway. :)

Zumten
17-08-2005, 10:40
Since every1 seems too scary to post a movie of this... for i dont know what reason... heres mine :buddies:

http://files.filefront.com/Underworld_Soloing/;4046605;;/fileinfo.html <-- try this one first plz
http://zumten.ath.cx/movies/uwsolo.wmv

its very very easy! i dont even use keyboard

Hydralisk_X
18-08-2005, 08:03
you are the moron here i solo smites with my mo/w all the time
You are a moron actually... that post was ages ago, before the whole invincimonk thing becamse so wide spread. Maybe if you read the dates you wouldn't be such a moron.