PDA

View Full Version : Qns: wat is the Optimum Rune usage?

mkchew
01-07-2005, 07:43
for example, is it 1 superior plus 2 minor? 2 major n 1 minor?, etc

I initiately tot it was 1 superior plus 2 minor since you get 5 attribute pts increase for price of -75..which is most cost effective. But when i brought it up, i was told that i dunoe how to use runes...so i am asking is there an optimum combo of sup/maj/minor runes?

kid icarus
01-07-2005, 09:00
[QUOTE=mkchew]I initiately tot it was 1 superior plus 2 minor since you get 5 attribute pts increase for price of -75../QUOTE]
Runes of the same type don't stack. For instance, a superior fire rune will not stack with a minor fire rune. You'll only reap the benefits of the highest modifier. So, if you had two minor runes and a superior rune of one attribute and applied them all to your armor, that attribute would only be +3.

mkchew
01-07-2005, 11:38
[QUOTE=mkchew]I initiately tot it was 1 superior plus 2 minor since you get 5 attribute pts increase for price of -75../QUOTE]
Runes of the same type don't stack. For instance, a superior fire rune will not stack with a minor fire rune. You'll only reap the benefits of the highest modifier. So, if you had two minor runes and a superior rune of one attribute and applied them all to your armor, that attribute would only be +3.

I know this...i was thinking of 5 attribute pt increase over 3 DIFFERENT attributes for the cost of -75 health. This seems to me as the most cost effective....it also means why would anyone want to use a major? but i see some people do use major..so maybe my theory is flawed.
If so, can someone please enlighten me?

Elrohis
01-07-2005, 12:45
To get 5 points over 3 attributes you could only use 1 super and 2 minor or 2 major and 1 minor.

The former case is -75 health and the later is -100 (i think).

Best will always depend upon how many points you want in each attribute.

Sry if I misunderstood your question.