PDA

View Full Version : What is up with rangers in PVP now?

bbbb
03-07-2005, 12:47
I am one of those people who start their first character as a ranger. I remember the time when I was a R/Me, no one wants to group up with me, not in PVE or PVP. They all think rangers were weak and useless.

Now what happen?!?! When you go to temple, people ask for ranger trapping in underworld. When you go to tomb, people want your spirits/interrupt.

If enemy can't resurrent, they call you hacker. If enemy can't do much hit on you, they call you cheater.

Now they want to nerf ranger because they are too powerful. LOL! Give me a break!

Why are we powerful? It is because we were being treated like trash and all you guys want to hug were monks and air elements. We use our heads to think our way through to make ourself useful. I can find at least 2-3 ways to counter my own spirit build. So stop asking to nerf the "weak" rangers and think how to counter it.

ps: What I really want to see is 100 bone fiend VS 100 Spirits. :happy65:

Rizzy
03-07-2005, 13:17
Mesmers and rangers are both in the same boat.

They dont fully understand the full potential of a mesmer, yet they understand it enough to always kill the mesmer first. :|

But some people still think the mesmers are not a "big" thread.. so thats good.

LordFenris
03-07-2005, 14:41
I'm a W/N and has a good friend who is a ranger and we have backed each other up good many times. Those warriors who flame or nag about getting beaten, pin down or poisoned by rangers are pure sissys and gives all proper warriors a bad reputation. Hate it when I see that :mad: Can't blame someone for being tactical and for using every skill aviable for the purpose of winning. VERY few play too lose, so no one with some trace of honour should blame anyone for winning whatever profession or so. That's my opinion!

Also heard a lot of people claming warriors to be usless. Just shows how little those kind of players realy use their brain if you ask me. Several of those (#"%@ :) ) korean teams use several warriors and win rapidly so that kind of backfires on their intellect and statement. To many people just don't see the complexity of the game and think they have the solution supreme. Irretating!

Ok, just had to get that out.

Paine
03-07-2005, 18:07
I have a big experience with mesmers and I say that mesmers can kill every profession easier than other can.

Illusion mesmer -> Warrior, Ranger
Domination mesmer -> all casters

I used to kill all "Rift Wardens" alone with my mesmer in the Tomb of Primeval Kings in my Guild. Unfortunately Arenanet found out how I did and changed it :mad: :D

ManaCraft
03-07-2005, 19:58
Now what happen?!?! When you go to temple, people ask for ranger trapping in underworld. When you go to tomb, people want your spirits/interrupt.

The metagame shifts all the time. And currently ranger builds are popular. That's really all there is to it.

Underappreciated classes generally get less attention from average players. That is, until someone of said class comes along and hands their virtual behind to them. :p

ManaCraft

Ace Bear
03-07-2005, 20:28
Also heard a lot of people claming warriors to be usless. Just shows how little those kind of players realy use their brain if you ask me.
That is because some feel since that Warriors were made to take the damage rather then deal it out (not saying they can't deal out alot of damage but I can guareentee a well-made Ele or Ranger does more damage through status or area or whatever) but no one targets the warriors first anyway the warrior has just used up its usefulness.

However this is another use for Warriors that some of the slower guys don't see and that is that a Warrior is the only one(other then maybe a ranger who can do it from long range) who can rush into a pile of enemy(where the monk is) and still have enough armor and life to come back out alive. That is why a well balanced team can decimate a Spike group, minion group, and even a spirit group balance includes all classes. Except Necros: YOU SUCK!! :P

Tarrant Rahl
03-07-2005, 23:07
Closed. There's already other threads on the topic, not to mention you're walking a fine line of being given a time out from your first post anyway. People that ask for balance changes don't hate you or your build, nor are you "too good" for them, they simply perceive an imbalance in the professions they want to see fixed.