PDA

View Full Version : AMAZING weapon for sale, but no bids....why?

mongerman
13-07-2005, 17:30
Hi warriors all....i recently acquired this short sword, and put it up for auction on RPGTraders, but as of now there are no bids. Is there something wrong with the sword? Because it semms like a pretty fine weapon to me....am i asking for a too high starting bid? Would like opinions from all you sword users out there.....Thanks in advance=)

http://www.rpgtraders.net/guildwars/viewitem?tradeid=40430

Czargio Xio
13-07-2005, 17:37
The damage +14%, armor -10 while attacking mod is why this sword probibally isn't selling. armor -10 while attacking is a pretty hefty penalty, not to mention all warriors do is attack.
Although the sword is good overall, the buyers here are looking for their golden chariot sword to sweep them away into the sunset. A sword with things like fortitude +30 health and +20% damage while health is above 50%.
This sword could sell, but a reserve of 50k is a bit steep. Never set high reserves, if the sword is really good, people will bid it that high.
Not to mention you have only waited one day, you can't expect immediate results when in an auction.

zigmund
13-07-2005, 17:52
Armour -10 sucks bad

Thy Guardian
13-07-2005, 19:38
Also, short swords are maybe the worst looking swords in the game (besides Crystalline I guess).

LiQuID StEeL
13-07-2005, 20:35
Personally, i think almost every sword in the game is hideous (excluding silver Longswords :love19: )

The armor -10 is the sword's undoing. Not to mention that personally, i don't have any bleeding skills, and would have to upgrade the Hilt AND pommel to make it something useful to me. The reserve is also really high, imho.

Secret Fire
13-07-2005, 21:29
its actually only -4 armour, 10-6=4, o and short sword is ugly. 50k too much for it.

Ragnar Darkan
13-07-2005, 21:46
The damage +14%, armor -10 while attacking mod is why this sword probibally isn't selling. armor -10 while attacking is a pretty hefty penalty, not to mention all warriors do is attack.
Although the sword is good overall, the buyers here are looking for their golden chariot sword to sweep them away into the sunset. A sword with things like fortitude +30 health and +20% damage while health is above 50%.
This sword could sell, but a reserve of 50k is a bit steep. Never set high reserves, if the sword is really good, people will bid it that high.
Not to mention you have only waited one day, you can't expect immediate results when in an auction.

correct me if i am wrong but I dont believe you can have +20% while HP is above 50% I know you can when its below, but Im pretty sure not above.

Excel
13-07-2005, 21:51
15% is max while enchanted & while above 50% but you can get 20% while hexed or health below 50%

TW III
13-07-2005, 22:09
that sword is pretty awesome actually. 14%all the time is awesome and who gives a crap baout the armor penatly when you are almost nbeever attacked asa warrior. my sugestion is to go to la district 1 yuo'll almost certainly get 50k or more ( I've seen bows like this sell for 300k)

btw dont mind my spelling im drunk as hell i usually know how to type