PDA

View Full Version : Knight's Armor and Dying

Handicrap
15-07-2005, 03:27
Is it just me or when I dye the knight's armor it never looks right? The colour you put on is never the right colour and its starting to get pretty annoying considering I've probably wasted around 10k trying to get it red.

So I was wondering if anyone has had any luck dying the armor red, and not that ugly pinkish colour. I've tried straight red, black + red and few other combinations and nothing will get it true red. Almost most makes me want to change armor just because of the dying issue with the knight's armor

Tears of Dragon
18-07-2005, 08:59
Try to buy dye remover first (at any merchant) and apply it to the armor. All armors come in color when you are buying them. So maybe the dye you try to apply mixes with the one armor is dyed in. If happens so the color will always be different than desired.
I bought a plate mail for my warrior in Forge. It was strange violet-looking. So I used dye remover and applied silver. It looks really beautiful now. Before I colored my ranger druid armor in gold, however, I did not remove the dye beforehand. And it was not a pure gold color. So it may be the answer, but do not kill me if I am wrong. :happy14:

Good luck