PDA

View Full Version : Need help making videos :)

Shanthe
02-08-2005, 14:49
I would like to make videos, i know this has already been very discussed but i use the search function and i always get a 404 error so...

How can i make videos and how do i change the in game music to my own selection during the video? I would like a free but decent way to make these, also not too big but with a decent enough quality so you can see things.

Please, if posible, give me official web page links to where i can download the programs, thanks in advance,

(I know i am asking for a lot, but it's for the community as a whole :happy53: )

SilentMoon
02-08-2005, 15:14
For capturing gameplay, use FRAPS. You can google for it.

For encoding it and adding your own music and whatnot, you can use VIRTUALDUBMOD. Here again, you can google for it.

You will need a video codec to encode. You can get the Xvid codec for free.

The resulting quality depends on the settings you put in the program, and you'll have to experiment a bit.

Shanthe
02-08-2005, 15:30
I had heard about fraps before I had made this post, so i already looked on info for it. But i can only do 30 second videos unless i buy it :( Any other programs that will record for longer but is free? Thx for the other program though :)

SilentMoon
03-08-2005, 11:43
I had heard about fraps before I had made this post, so i already looked on info for it. But i can only do 30 second videos unless i buy it :( Any other programs that will record for longer but is free? Thx for the other program though :)
I don't know of an alternative... Hum.
*cough*
There are really two ways to record more than 30 seconds with fraps. The first one is indeed to buy the product. The other one.... well this is the internet.
*cough*
You could record several 30 seconds bits and glue them together with virtualdubmod afterwards, I suppose...

SonOfRah
03-08-2005, 16:36
don't use virtualdubmod :) VirtualDub is far more suited to the above. virtualdubmod is a modified version of the origional (virtualdub) so that it can handle multiple streams and container formats such as matroska.

You can get trial versions of adobe premiere (should be around 100mb) as well as most other professionall video editing tools.

Use fraps or gamecam (windows xp only) to record video footage.

Logan
04-08-2005, 11:39
There is several applications for ingame video recording. Fraps is easy too use, but still, 30 sec's, come one.

GameCam on the other hand can record longer, but there you wont get to record sound unless you register...

So its up to you...

Logan

Tilnoom
04-08-2005, 12:18
Alternatively, you could have asked me.

Speak to me in game and I'll tell you what I use.

Tils.

SilentMoon
04-08-2005, 13:52
Alternatively, you could have asked me.

Speak to me in game and I'll tell you what I use.

Tils.
I guess it's such an advanced technique, those forums aren't worthy of your knowledge?

Tilnoom
04-08-2005, 16:35
Nono, nothing like that. Shanthe is a guildmate and I've been working on a movie for the last few weeks (see thread Ascending Phoenix). Rather than ask him 101 questions here, him then type 101 answers, then me reply with 101 opinions, it would have been easier to speak to him in game and find out his preferences.

That ok with you? :)

Tils.

SilentMoon
04-08-2005, 21:23
Nono, nothing like that. Shanthe is a guildmate and I've been working on a movie for the last few weeks (see thread Ascending Phoenix). Rather than ask him 101 questions here, him then type 101 answers, then me reply with 101 opinions, it would have been easier to speak to him in game and find out his preferences.

That ok with you? :)

Tils.
Aaaaah!
Okay then, my bad. :)

Still think that if you have some revolutionary way to make movies, it might be worth sharing. :happy34:

gwmaster
05-08-2005, 04:50
Aaaaah!
Okay then, my bad. :)

Still think that if you have some revolutionary way to make movies, it might be worth sharing. :happy34:
go to google and download fraps.2.0.0 is the free version and u can make movies more than 30 sec :happy34:

FrostyFlakes
05-08-2005, 05:29
cough*bittorrent

Tilnoom
09-08-2005, 15:47
Nothing revolutionary I'm afraid :) But my opinions on Fraps are somewhat colourful and unsuitable for these forums :) I'm a gamecam girl myself :)

Tilnoom Lanrete
Ascending Phoenix (guildwars.ascending-phoenix.com)

Owoc
09-08-2005, 18:11
I've got several other questions regarding movie making:
1. How to add background audio to a movie in VirtualDubMod?
2. Where/how is it possible to get some music to legally use in movies? I don't want to break someone's copyright rights...
3. Can somebody give me a link to a decent "What u hear" recorder?