Length: 5 minutes 27 seconds
Resolution: 1024x768
Video Codec: Divx 5.11
Music: Spirit Never Dies by Masterplan

Editors comments:

Fifth movie out!

Figured it was time to release a "good" movie for once after all these
failures *points at grim.not.another.pvpmoviie.divx511.avi
and grim.ghost.on.the.hill.divx511.avi*.

In this movie I tried to make some scenes match some of the "keywords"
from the music. So that's the reason behind the emote abuse in this movie.

Anyway, I'm still using fraps for recording and vegas 5.0 for editing.

The resolution is as high as usually.

For feedback and comments, please post here on the forum or
stop by our IRC channel:
#Grim.Monolith @ irc.Quakenet.org

Hope you'll enjoy the movie as much as we did making it.

--------------------------------------------
For direct download:
ftp://grim:grim@zae.ath.cx/grim.spirit.never.dies.divx511.avi
*Rightclick -> Save As*

To download with Bittorrent, you'll need BitTorrent software which you can get from here:
http://www.bittorrent.com
And to download the movie with Bittorrent, use this link:
http://thepiratebay.org/details.php?id=3365682
*click on Download This Torrent*

SilentMoon
05-08-2005, 13:09
Dude... this is just too big for me. Why on earth should a 5 minutes video be 109 megs? There's a factor two at least to be gained without any loss of quality, I'm willing to bet, if only you'd resize the movie to a lower resolution. :/

800x600 would already be a better resolution than most DivX movies come in.

AbaKaR
05-08-2005, 13:36
guess you havent seen/read what I've written on the older movies.

anyway, why I keep the high resolution is because I frap at that resolution. If I resize it the user interface will be all borked up = I dont like. I am aware of that it will be smaller if I resize since I can use a lower bitrate on the video.
I'm willing to add a few extra MB to keep the high quality, and since most ppl that are playing GW are using a better connection than modem I guess the size shouldnt be a problem.

Crayak
05-08-2005, 17:28
Direct link is down, and torrent has no seeders ;/
i wanna see it tho so hurrt up!! j/k :surprise:

AbaKaR
05-08-2005, 17:33
the link isnt down, if you cant connect then its because there're too many users. just wait a few minutes and try again.
im currently seeding so dont worry about the BT either :P

AbaKaR
07-08-2005, 15:13
just finished uploading the file to filefront:
http://files.filefront.com/grimspiritneverdiesdivx511avi/;4018614;;/fileinfo.html

trowabartan
07-08-2005, 20:33
Yay!

I did a /cheer for you when I saw you guys win a few days ago ^_^

AbaKaR
07-08-2005, 20:51
Yay!

I did a /cheer for you when I saw you guys win a few days ago ^_^
heh ty but how was the movie?

*not fun when ppl dont comment the movie* >.< need to know what to do better next time and stuff

nItE ZepHyR
08-08-2005, 19:49
I'm not watching it becauseit's WAY too big! It would've taken me 51 minutes to download it! Not worth it. Please make your movies much smaller in the future. :(

AbaKaR
08-08-2005, 20:34
I'm not watching it becauseit's WAY too big! It would've taken me 51 minutes to download it! Not worth it. Please make your movies much smaller in the future. :(

whats wrong with downloading it while playing GW or something? 51 minutes isnt that long >.<

trowabartan
09-08-2005, 19:47
Sorry Aba, was dling before. Oh and I liked "not.another..."...

Anyway what stood out in this one was all the zooming in. In some parts it was pretty cool such as the knockdown -> aftershock warrior comes to mind. Maybe it was because I had it on full screen but I found my eyes hurting from it at the end...

AbaKaR
09-08-2005, 21:09
Sorry Aba, was dling before. Oh and I liked "not.another..."...

Anyway what stood out in this one was all the zooming in. In some parts it was pretty cool such as the knockdown -> aftershock warrior comes to mind. Maybe it was because I had it on full screen but I found my eyes hurting from it at the end...

learned how to zoom between this and the last movie i released so had to abuse it a bit, sorry about your eyes ~.~ >.<

spencerjrus
11-08-2005, 06:53
my biggest complaint with this movie is the music, god its horrible. I mean FFS i will listen to Ayumi Hamasaki on occasion but this is the cheesiest cheese I have ever even dreamt of.

AbaKaR
11-08-2005, 10:52
my biggest complaint with this movie is the music, god its horrible. I mean FFS i will listen to Ayumi Hamasaki on occasion but this is the cheesiest cheese I have ever even dreamt of.

a funny thing is that up until this movie, all my guildmates have complaint about the music but they were quiet on this one :O

Twinster
11-08-2005, 15:00
omg how hard is it to say "nice work"?
Movies are pure pwnage.
Grim Movies FTW!

trecca
12-08-2005, 17:42
amazing movie! :cool:

AbaKaR
12-08-2005, 17:55
amazing movie! :cool:

thanks, anything that needs to get improved except smaller filesize? :P

scamPOR
12-08-2005, 18:14
thanks, anything that needs to get improved except smaller filesize? :P

I doubt this was your intent but you set my goal for how well my guild needs to cooperate ~.~ The video was nice, file size wasn't a problem for me... IDK... Alot of ppl have broadband so it might not be a huge issue.

I enjoyed watching it...

Смерть
12-08-2005, 22:02
Nice job!

Was a while to download, but I found it worth it. What program did you use to have such steady camera zooms and manuevers? Edited the song well with charactor movements. Man, you guys laid waste to the opposing teams!

~CMEPTb

:clap:

AbaKaR
12-08-2005, 22:43
I doubt this was your intent but you set my goal for how well my guild needs to cooperate ~.~ The video was nice, file size wasn't a problem for me... IDK... Alot of ppl have broadband so it might not be a huge issue.

I enjoyed watching it...

Nice to hear that you enjoyed watching it.
Also nice to know that it on some level helped you to set a goal for your guilds cooperation. :P

Nice job!

Was a while to download, but I found it worth it. What program did you use to have such steady camera zooms and manuevers? Edited the song well with charactor movements. Man, you guys laid waste to the opposing teams!

~CMEPTb

:clap:

Thanks, and good that you didn't think it was waste of bandwith :P
The software that I used was Vegas 5.0. Took a while before I found out how to zoom and stuff, would have used it in my previous movies otherwise.
Anyway, the complete name of the software is Sony Vegas 5.0, there is a 6.0 out there but don't feel like switching
Trial version of the software can be downloaded from here:
http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/download/step1.asp?catid=1

Nikhera
13-08-2005, 06:58
Well, okay the music may be a teeny bit cheesy - but it's fitting!~ I think it was worth the time this took to download.

BTW, I think I saw you guys win before =3 Good job!~

AbaKaR
13-08-2005, 12:08
Well, okay the music may be a teeny bit cheesy - but it's fitting!~ I think it was worth the time this took to download.

BTW, I think I saw you guys win before =3 Good job!~

yea i know that the music is a bit cheesy :P (for the record, usually, I do not listen to this kind of music) but as you said, I also thought that the song would be fitting the video

well thanks for your comment

btw, if anyone have any good suggestions for the music that I can use for the upcoming movie, please feel free to tell me :P

Twinster
17-08-2005, 17:48
deserves a bump

BrotherKurupt
17-08-2005, 23:13
I didn't think it sounded cheesy at all...it's a guild and they're meant to be unified and I think it really is a fine achievement. Great video! I've watched it many times already--what I love best about these music videos is when people find aspects of the game to match the words and you did an awesome job.

As for people complaining about the filesize, 21st century ftw!!!

AbaKaR
18-08-2005, 00:20
I didn't think it sounded cheesy at all...it's a guild and they're meant to be unified and I think it really is a fine achievement. Great video! I've watched it many times already--what I love best about these music videos is when people find aspects of the game to match the words and you did an awesome job.

As for people complaining about the filesize, 21st century ftw!!!

many thanks

Klmpee
18-08-2005, 03:16
sweet vid man.love it. keep it up :happy34:

sKsSandstorm
18-08-2005, 04:51
downloading it now at 500 kbs...

edit:

pretty cool movie, something different.

AbaKaR
18-08-2005, 11:00
sweet vid man.love it. keep it up :happy34:

Yeah, I'll try and make more movies, just having a problem at the moment with ideas on what the next movie should be like T_T

downloading it now at 500 kbs...

edit:

pretty cool movie, something different.

Thanks, tried to make it somewhat different from what I've made before but hard to break certain patterns T_T

Cyddry
18-08-2005, 13:58
sweet movie and nice music
very nice made, keep up the good work
I want more vids of u :D

AbaKaR
18-08-2005, 15:42
sweet movie and nice music
very nice made, keep up the good work
I want more vids of u :D

Thanks, finally decided the music for the next video so will probably be starting to frap it soon.
Only downside is that university starts tomorrow T___________T

WarriorOFfaith
20-08-2005, 02:37
Awsome vid man, very awsome. I have watched it countlessly, and it has inspired me to hoh more, and to make a condition/hex removal build, same as the first one showed in your video. Don't mind if i steal your build, in fact you should be flattered that im using it, although it's not really that custom of a build, but w/e. just letting you know that i am uisng it and that i was inspired to pvp a lot more because of your video. Thanks for a great vid. keep it up man, ill be looking forward to watch some more.

AbaKaR
20-08-2005, 09:49
Awsome vid man, very awsome. I have watched it countlessly, and it has inspired me to hoh more, and to make a condition/hex removal build, same as the first one showed in your video. Don't mind if i steal your build, in fact you should be flattered that im using it, although it's not really that custom of a build, but w/e. just letting you know that i am uisng it and that i was inspired to pvp a lot more because of your video. Thanks for a great vid. keep it up man, ill be looking forward to watch some more.

Heh thanks, and nice that you've seen it more than once. :P
I don't really mind if people "steal" the builds that are used in the videos. If I didn't want to share the builds then I would have put lots and lots of black boxes everywhere on the screen to cover all the important stuff, but I don't.

Heh, feels great for me everytime someone says something like "it has inspired me to hoh more". Feels nice to have made people more interested in HoH/GVG.

EagleEye812
20-08-2005, 22:45
We are XLI (from the last Guild Battle in the movie) :D

You've got a good team there :) We were just hiding in our base waiting for death :happy05:

ames
21-08-2005, 01:46
i got a tombs group the other day because of this video...
someone is like "I saw your name in the grim video" haha
it zooms in on "Back of Bus" when i say nice after my guild lost in hoh... i was saying nice more because we helped end MS's 22 winning streak :happy14:

AbaKaR
21-08-2005, 10:22
We are XLI (from the last Guild Battle in the movie) :D

You've got a good team there :) We were just hiding in our base waiting for death :happy05:

heh, well you did put up a good fight so it wasn't exactly a free win for us.
Never met anyone before that we faced in a movie, np that we added the fight in the movie or?

it zooms in on "Back of Bus" when i say nice after my guild lost in hoh... i was saying nice more because we helped end MS's 22 winning streak :happy14:

heh, it was suppose to only zoom in to the text where it said that we won but guess I was a bit careless when I did that zoom >.< :P
well no harm done, just made your name famous :P
before he said "I saw your name in the grim video", had you already seen the movie or you where like "WTF?!"

ames
22-08-2005, 03:06
heh, it was suppose to only zoom in to the text where it said that we won but guess I was a bit careless when I did that zoom >.< :P
well no harm done, just made your name famous :P
before he said "I saw your name in the grim video", had you already seen the movie or you where like "WTF?!"

i was like "wtf im in a movie?? nice!" lol

Shrikes
22-08-2005, 12:30
Very heroic mood going on in the video and the song fits in perfectly. Effects and editing are very impressive. Good sync with all of those performances and emotes. I really enjoyed watching this one.

AbaKaR
22-08-2005, 16:20
i was like "wtf im in a movie?? nice!" lol
haha :P

Very heroic mood going on in the video and the song fits in perfectly. Effects and editing are very impressive. Good sync with all of those performances and emotes. I really enjoyed watching this one.

Thanks and glad to hear that you enjoyed watching it.

sKsSandstorm
22-08-2005, 17:57
hey... i wanna be in a movie!!

next time you face dopplegangers make it a movie :happy65:

Feynoor
23-08-2005, 01:10
Great Video, must say.

Hope you make some more soon

BrotherKurupt
23-08-2005, 12:11

LOL i invited you to the group. this is a small world

AbaKaR
28-08-2005, 23:02
hey... i wanna be in a movie!!

next time you face dopplegangers make it a movie :happy65:

heh :P

Great Video, must say.

Hope you make some more soon

yeah will try and make one soon, just need some new ideas T_T

regane
04-09-2005, 18:52
i think this movie was cool, sadly im not seen in this movie but my guild leader and some of my friends are (nick vermont, san gomas) you made mincemeat out of us as far as i could tell from the movie, dont know if i was there could have been ill watch again to see if i see me :) awsome movie keep it up

Cane
07-09-2005, 11:53
I'll bump it for ya I think it was good. I would recomend something like strata instead. Better music for this kind of movies.

Lina
12-09-2005, 03:13
Think it was all good actually :P

Better then grim.road.to.hoh.divx511.avi :D

And imho the music did fit in the movie...

Kepp up the good work

AbaKaR
13-09-2005, 09:45
i think this movie was cool, sadly im not seen in this movie but my guild leader and some of my friends are (nick vermont, san gomas) you made mincemeat out of us as far as i could tell from the movie, dont know if i was there could have been ill watch again to see if i see me :) awsome movie keep it up

many thanks

I'll bump it for ya I think it was good. I would recomend something like strata instead. Better music for this kind of movies.

thanks for the bump. also checked strata, was ok but already had my mind on a song for the next movie, so maybe next time

Think it was all good actually :P

Better then grim.road.to.hoh.divx511.avi :D

And imho the music did fit in the movie...

Kepp up the good work

heh, well road.to.hoh was my first movie so didn't expect it to do well :P

and for those who are waiting, here's a preview of the next movie:
ftp://grim:grim@zae.ath.cx/grim.movie6.preview.divx511.avi
if the link doesn't work then it could mean two things, either the ftp is full or I removed the preview.

Holy Canole
13-09-2005, 19:51
hehe really nice video :D
heres a funny thing.. a day after I saw this movie I went into the tombs with my warrior Vengeance X, won round 1, in round 2 I saw Grim Monolith as guild =O I said.. "Spirit Never Dies"? They said yeah hehe.. and then I was like.. "Crap" :D

Really nice, looking forward to see more movies, you inspired me too to play more Tombs.. Never actually won the whole thing though.. only get to hall and then lose :(
Keep up the good work

WarriorOFfaith
21-09-2005, 02:00
bump for the awsome vid, keep it up man, waiting for a new one :happy34: