PDA

View Full Version : The hunt for Pre-sear bosses

Ace Bear
10-08-2005, 00:29
http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/4157/gw0156dm.th.jpg (http://img352.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gw0156dm.jpg)
I finally caught up to Vatlaaw but he didn't attack me :(. Only way I caught him here was because he got bugged and his grawl buddies blocked him.

Here is my point to this stupidity: Can we have a few bosses in Pre-searing? Last time I looked I think Vatlaaw was the only boss and you see him only twice and fight him once(transition from pre-searing to post-searing). Please give us a few bosses in pre-searing. Reasons for this is: 1. Enemy difficulty level from pre to post has a HUGE difference and the inclusion of a few bosses would get us some good practice at the increased skill level needed for post 2. Pre-searing past lvl15 or so would be more likely with bosses in the game. 3. The storyline is fine but the way it flows from pre to post boggles my mind, even north of the wall in Pre-searing you don't get anything close to a boss but literally right outside of Post-Ascalon you get 3-4 bosses right off the bat.

Could be a stupid idea but I think more bosses other then vaatlaw would be a good thing.

Fallen_62
10-08-2005, 00:34
Thats a good point, but the Pre-Searing part of the game was not meant for level 15+ characters. It was not meant for level 8+ characters; it is basically to just give you a brief instruction as to how the game works. The Ascalon areas are designed for level 3 players, not level 15.

Its not a bad idea, in terms of getting people used to what they are going to see later in the game, but its really not how the Devs intended the pre-searing area to be used.

J Unit
10-08-2005, 01:32
There's 4 bosses north of the wall in pre searing.

Ace Bear
10-08-2005, 07:52
Really? Is this in a recent update because last I heard it was only one?

Elessar the True
10-08-2005, 09:17
My Mo/N managed to kill about 40 charr north of the wall with the help fo a nuker teammate. There were three bosses all together at the temple, and several more charr by the bridge. He had to leave before we got there, so I can vouch for at least 3 bosses. This was a couple weeks ago.

Would have liked to explore the whole area, so would be courios to hear from someone who has.

Archenine Paranoia
11-08-2005, 07:04
I just found another boss near Oberon The Reviled and the Prized Moa Bird in the catacombs. There's a lot of undead there, including a long passage packed with them. Bring smiting if you want to get anywhere in a hurry :)

At the end of one corridor, there's a boss called Skullreaver, level 5, with a yellowish glow around him. He was very easy.

Barinthus
12-08-2005, 05:22
My Mo/N managed to kill about 40 charr north of the wall with the help fo a nuker teammate. There were three bosses all together at the temple, and several more charr by the bridge. He had to leave before we got there, so I can vouch for at least 3 bosses. This was a couple weeks ago.

Would have liked to explore the whole area, so would be courios to hear from someone who has.

I have. At least 4 minibosses at that fire temple or whatever it's called. My Ranger with a Warrior was able to do this with a lot of pulling and hit & run. Plus a lot of dying also.

Barinthus
12-08-2005, 05:22
I just found another boss near Oberon The Reviled and the Prized Moa Bird in the catacombs. There's a lot of undead there, including a long passage packed with them. Bring smiting if you want to get anywhere in a hurry :)

At the end of one corridor, there's a boss called Skullreaver, level 5, with a yellowish glow around him. He was very easy.

Mmmm I'd love to find him. Will definitely sniff around down there.