PDA

View Full Version : althea's event feedback

tranceaddict
21-08-2005, 02:41
post your comments and your suggestions on what we should do for our next mesmer event (ie next location).

sorry if this isn't a very intelligible and formal post.

i hope everyone had fun :)

-tranceaddict (rifted wings)

Gambinos
21-08-2005, 03:48
Someone (I forgot the name and didn't want to steal the credit) suggested that we should start off in serenity temple, then pm only the mesmer to go to another town.
Even though the event is voted primary mesmer only, but since districts are public, anyone can come in. I personally think that it is perfectly fine if other professions are here, as long as they are being nice and respect that we would like their absent at certain time (eg. taking pics).

There are also comments about the "light" (sorry, I know there exists a more proper vocab, but I can't remember it) in serenity temple. They suggest it to be some place that is less dark and more visible.

Desert and Fire island are not recommended, because they are not "run-able". Many other outposts lack open spaces, and towns generally have too much people (with exception of henge, which is kind of dark as well). I suggest we stick with the temple, and people who have issues about "light" probably will need to leech the screen shots from others or they might have to tune up their gamma on the display setting.

The Dude from Ascalon
21-08-2005, 05:03
one place that is easy to get to and has wonderful lighting is lions arch... at any given time there is a district with NO people in there, so we could host a mesmer party there...

Slade xTekno
21-08-2005, 05:19
I was also going to suggest Lion's Arch; it's beautiful and isn't too far into the game. However, finding a district...

sledgeunderhill
21-08-2005, 05:23
the maguuma stade is nice, too

ChaosJester
21-08-2005, 08:16
Some of the earlier outpost areas are still probably best, even if only for use for staging areas to get players to be able to advance to the 'proper' areas.

I found that PIKEN was pretty empty today, and only district 10 had any heavy population going. 1-9 were all empty.

While piken isn't the best choice perhaps location-wise, I think that perhaps it would be a good 'staging area' for running mesmers to locations they wouldn't otherwise have access to that early in the game. One reason I couldn't attend the festivities today was that I couldn't log on till late today, and my mes was not yet to Serenity Temple by the time the festivities were well underway.

This is why I don't like the me/xx only for all events idea. Some players will ONLY be able to attend if xx/me's are allowed to join in at least somewhat. Since International Districts are almost always empty regardless of location, that should make things a bit easier for organization.