PDA

View Full Version : search function

flexiboy
10-09-2005, 19:01
Hey, i was wondering if anyone was having the same problem with the search function on these forums as me.
I search for something (dosnt matter what) and i always go to the page cannot be displayed page.
Can anyone help me

thanks
flex

AKS
10-09-2005, 20:45
Doesn't work 90% of the time for me.

Owoc
10-09-2005, 21:29
Same here.

GReality
10-09-2005, 21:49
ANY forum search function suck... most of them give you like 200+ results even with more specific keywords, and what makes it worse is that they often give the thread instead of the post you want.

feral
10-09-2005, 22:53
ANY forum search function suck... most of them give you like 200+ results even with more specific keywords, and what makes it worse is that they often give the thread instead of the post you want.

No, this is the only forum I've seen where the Search function is broken. And if you know a specific phrase, put it in quotes. And if you want the results to come as posts instead of threads, set the option before hitting Search.

flexiboy
24-09-2005, 18:26
the search still dont work for me, i can only search 1 word, i.e. if i wanted to search for a ranger fragility build i would have to search fragility and just browse through 'till i find a thread bout it.

Mr Panda
24-09-2005, 18:35
The loadedinc network is currently reshuffling the gwonline.net site to better cope with user volume and demand, and moving around of databases is what caused avatars to be corrupted (flexiboy). Re-uploading will help. And the databases being moved will undoubtedly have an adverse affect on the serach function, but I can assure you that in the past it has worked, and, in comparison to other sites i've used, been acutally quite good. Try using google to search within the site until it is fixed.

JasonLa
25-09-2005, 15:26
I too have major issue with the search. I can only search for 1 word. Any other type of search fails. Its been this way for at least a month or 2 maybe longer. This may also contribute to repeat threads because people are unable to search for info properly.

Mawgleah
25-09-2005, 15:38
I just tested something and it worked for me (not saying that it will work for everyone, though).

I put a two keyword phrase in quotation marks and got a pretty specific hit for that particular combination.

While this might not prove effective if the keywords aren't phrased together, it should help narrow the field somewhat.

EDIT: I just tried two keywords and it still worked, so maybe it's just working for me today.