PDA

View Full Version : Will forum watch ever get fixed?

KhaineDarkhart
25-09-2005, 08:07
just a question guys ... so will it?

GoalieLax
25-09-2005, 08:23
hopefully around the time that I can actually have the forums open with the game running...what is such a resource hog on this page anyway? I mean I'm running a AMD 64 4000+ w/ 2 gigs of RAM and it can't handle this page!!!

Xanthious
25-09-2005, 08:56
Im hoping it will be fixed up soon. Its been down for around a wekk or better on my end. Im sure it will be taken care of in good time though. :)

snowkissed
25-09-2005, 09:07
They're working on it. There's a thread about this in the GWO Site and Forum Support (http://forums.gwonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=147 ) forum.

KhaineDarkhart
25-09-2005, 12:32
They're working on it. There's a thread about this in the GWO Site and Forum Support (http://forums.gwonline.net/forumdisplay.php?f=147 ) forum.
hmmm im not sure if that helps much, but thx for the heads up SnowKissed :happy34: its just good to know that im not just taking to myself on the forums lol

Phantom Fists
26-09-2005, 02:56
=) yeah its been down for quite i while....and while im on the subject of problems..whats with rpgtraders.net.......its getting really slow..????anyone else have this problem?

Fallen_62
26-09-2005, 19:33
hopefully around the time that I can actually have the forums open with the game running...what is such a resource hog on this page anyway? I mean I'm running a AMD 64 4000+ w/ 2 gigs of RAM and it can't handle this page!!!

What browser are you using?

mss smwht
26-09-2005, 22:18
you're using firefox, right? there's something up with the flash implementation in firefox that causes it to use ridiculous amounts of CPU. and there happens to be a lot of flash stuff on the front page...

not sure whether mozilla or macromedia is at fault for the flash issue, tho... been around for awhile. you just notice it because you have 2 things competing for CPU time.

Ryuu Tenshi
27-09-2005, 18:54
You guys could just take the flash out of the front page... that would cut down on your bandwitdh (and thus your costs) and also make everything load a lot faster. There are shiny things you can do without massive amounts of flash and HTML. CSS stylesheets and PHP are your friends.

Phaeax
27-09-2005, 21:42
you're using firefox, right? there's something up with the flash implementation in firefox that causes it to use ridiculous amounts of CPU. and there happens to be a lot of flash stuff on the front page...

not sure whether mozilla or macromedia is at fault for the flash issue, tho... been around for awhile. you just notice it because you have 2 things competing for CPU time. And it's just specific ones. I hit this problem on a few of the banner ads that cause severe slowdown and lock up my mouse scrolling. The ones with "shoot the PlayStation" and crap like that seem to be the largest offenders.

mss smwht
28-09-2005, 00:12
You guys could just take the flash out of the front page... that would cut down on your bandwitdh (and thus your costs) and also make everything load a lot faster. There are shiny things you can do without massive amounts of flash and HTML. CSS stylesheets and PHP are your friends.
well, the flash things aren't theirs. the flash things are the ads, which pay for their bandwidth (and don't use their bandwidth)

the worst ads are the ones that play little videos and make noise... fortunately none here yet. couple sites i go to (not game related) have them, and they are really not cool...

i think flash in general just sucks in firefox, but some are indeed worse than others.

Reverend Loki
30-09-2005, 15:33
well, the flash things aren't theirs. the flash things are the ads, which pay for their bandwidth (and don't use their bandwidth)

the worst ads are the ones that play little videos and make noise... fortunately none here yet. couple sites i go to (not game related) have them, and they are really not cool...

Actually, there are 3 flash objects on the main page. 2 of them are ads, but the third is that little box to the left of the Fact of the Day, that's just there to promote the different aspects of the website. Personally, I think that one can go without hurting the site one bit.

Yeah, I really hate those video/sound ads too. I will occasionally open several links in several tabs at once, and then peruse through them at my leisure. That's the only time I run into those ads, and I'm left thumbing through all of the pages I have open, looking for the one ad that's yelling at me.

KhaineDarkhart
14-10-2005, 22:55
hey guys its been weeks ... still no improvement in forum watch? is the move of the forums supposed to be fixing this?

just asking cause its alot more of a pain to see whats goin on in the community without those to draw attention and inspire thoughts ... i went from postings almost 2-3 times a day to maybe 1 every 2 weeks ... its just alot harder to care if there isnt anything drawing attention to what people are doing/thinking

i used to come here for all sorts of reasons, now its just occasional reference on what armors look like

and speaking of which, are there ever any plans to update the armor crafter pages? ... i mean seriously last update May 16??

Rushster
15-10-2005, 02:38
I am working on the forum watch guys, but it's more complex than you think :) As fo the flash box, the flash is tiny and smaller than having seperate images so it's more economical.

KhaineDarkhart
15-10-2005, 21:50
I am working on the forum watch guys, but it's more complex than you think :)
in that case i now grant you the authority to drop everything else you are doing to focus solely on the fomum watch lol :happy34:

KhaineDarkhart
18-10-2005, 10:32
I am working on the forum watch guys, but it's more complex than you think :)
mwa ha ha all i needed to do was grant you full athority to stop working on everything else, and its now working ... i didnt know i had that kind of power <begins thinking of evil ways to use new power> Mwa ha ha ha ha ha ha :happy34:

stephan
18-10-2005, 23:09
Thanks for getting the Forum Watch back up :happy14: