PDA

View Full Version : Ranger FanArt- Colored Version

Legionnaire
29-09-2005, 00:03
Colored version of my previous sketch, thread here (http://forums.gwonline.net/showthread.php?t=370975) , done in 8hrs with Painter and wacom. 8hrs is pretty fast for me, it could've been longer but i'm too sleepy right now, it's 5am here and i just gotta get it done(skipped the metal parts on the bow too :P). Decided to make a new thread since i can't edit my previous post and update the thread.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/kent_win/da_completed.jpg

non colored Sketch (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v105/kent_win/da_sketch.jpg)
More of my older art at my devart gallery, kimokraft.deviantart.com (http://kimokraft.deviantart.com) :D

MetasynMan
29-09-2005, 00:04
Wow... very nice. :thumbsup:

Zero
29-09-2005, 00:13
Looks even better in colour legion, congrats once again. I'll be eagerly awaiting your next piece :)

Cocotroid
29-09-2005, 00:15
Looks really good coloured. You should, like, teach me.*Is inspired to draw his own ranger.*

Qwazy
29-09-2005, 00:58
the colours definetly make the picture look alot better imo (not saying the i didnt like the sketched version :p )

i think it wlso helps with the planner background - makes the image stnad out even more

nice work - hope to see some more gw inspired work from you in the future :happy14:

nightrunner
29-09-2005, 04:00
It looks even more like the Guildwars Ranger colored!

Anothis
29-09-2005, 17:41
Very nice work indeed :happy65:

I must be the only person who preferred the sketched version though, just for the extra 'roughness'.

klomtreaier
03-10-2005, 13:44
wow that looks really cool
great job

IBeJebus
03-10-2005, 19:22
Awesome work Legionnaire :thumbsup:

Chantal Dubois
03-10-2005, 19:55
I highly recommend submitting those to the Fan Art Gallery (http://www.gwonline.net/screenshots/index.php?type=fanart) on the site. Submissions sometimes don't work, so if they don't, please pm me and I can submit it on your behalf.

Legionnaire
07-10-2005, 22:07
thanks for the comments guys, i'll try submitting it to the fanart gallery right now.

Chantal Dubois
08-10-2005, 03:56
It's up on the site now along with a news post. Congrats! :clap:

(Just as an FYI, with the screenshot gallery being a bit buggy, it won't sort it properly right now, so it's showing in the screenshot section.)

Zeno Iagara
08-10-2005, 13:50
The first thing I thought when I saw it was "ooo a guild wars cartoon", it is really nice and like other look forward to seeing what you do next.

Zeno

Dragon Flame
08-10-2005, 18:15
O.O very nice legionaire, very very nice.

Archaos Theories
09-10-2005, 21:15
its really good, dont get me wrong, but i preferred the sketch. if it was alot darker with alot more shadow it would be splendid.

Red Kurenai
12-10-2005, 11:05
WOW :love57: that is one nice looking drawing! You have some awesometastic skills my man!!! Rangers rock!!

PS: SHE IS HOT!!!!

MoonUnit
14-10-2005, 15:10
Awesome pic ya got there Legionaire. Congrats on a fine piece of work. :happy65:

The howwler Returns
29-11-2005, 04:55
Wow... very nice. :thumbsup:
dude how do u make it look so good seroisly tell me :happy65:

mumerikram
18-01-2006, 23:46
Very nice picture. I like your skill level, and the attention to detail.

I have only one problem with the picture. She's holding the bow in the wrong hand :(
I'm crazy about archery. I play a ranger in GW and do archery in real life. I would give you a big hug if you can plz have her hold the bow in the other hand :)

Reasoning: You hold the bow in the "lighter" hand (which is left one in this case) and you have extra padding on the shoulder of your shooting arm (which is the right one in this case). The extra padding helps you absorb the recoil when firing the arrow. I like how ANet paid attention to real life archery when making ranger armors, I'd really love it if you did the same :)

Legionnaire
20-01-2006, 21:55
Very nice picture. I like your skill level, and the attention to detail.

I have only one problem with the picture. She's holding the bow in the wrong hand :(
I'm crazy about archery. I play a ranger in GW and do archery in real life. I would give you a big hug if you can plz have her hold the bow in the other hand :)

Reasoning: You hold the bow in the "lighter" hand (which is left one in this case) and you have extra padding on the shoulder of your shooting arm (which is the right one in this case). The extra padding helps you absorb the recoil when firing the arrow. I like how ANet paid attention to real life archery when making ranger armors, I'd really love it if you did the same :)

gee wow, thanks for the comment, it's been quite awhile and i didn't expect there to be new comments on it. i noticed there's errors here and there, thanks for telling me tho, i'll keep that in mind the next time i draw a ranger.

i hope i'd be returning to gw soon with factions, if i do i'll be sure to draw more guildwars related stuff.:smiley:

Ju Smurph
01-02-2006, 09:28
that is outstanding!!! she reminds me of Tea Leoni!