PDA

View Full Version : Attribute points in relation to GWOnline's skill descriptions

Phaeax
04-10-2005, 21:15
Good job you guys on updating the skill descriptions for the October ladder season balance changes!

One thing of note: I've answered several questions about the relationship between the listed ranges and attribute point investment. I know that we currently display the skills in the 0-12 attribute point range, which is what is shown in game, while the main Guild Wars site lists them over the range of 0-15. Whichever we use, it would be helpful to put a note describing the convention at the top of each profession's listing of skill descriptions.

For example, if we looked at the description of the first skill of an Elementalist listed, Air Attunement:
For 36-55 seconds, you are attuned to air. You gain 30% of the energy cost of the spell whenever you use Air Magic.

Nowhere is it stated that 36 seconds is the duration for an attribute level of 0, nor is it listed that 55 seconds is the duration for an attribute level of 12. The second number is shown as 60 seconds on the official Guild Wars site (http://www.guildwars.com/gameinfo/professions/elementalist/elementalist-air.html), as they use the convention that the second value corresponds to an attribute level of 15.

I'd suggest something like the following at the top of each page:
When a range of values is given in the skill description, it denotes that the value is affected by the investment in its linked attribute. The first value given corresponds to no investment, and the second number corresponds to an attribute level of 12. Higher levels are achievable through headgear and runes and increase linearly.

Fallen_62
05-10-2005, 02:24
Good job you guys on updating the skill descriptions for the October ladder season balance changes!

One thing of note: I've answered several questions about the relationship between the listed ranges and attribute point investment. I know that we currently display the skills in the 0-12 attribute point range, which is what is shown in game, while the main Guild Wars site lists them over the range of 0-15. Whichever we use, it would be helpful to put a note describing the convention at the top of each profession's listing of skill descriptions.

We will consider it :happy34: