PDA

View Full Version : Fragility and Conditions

dinyctis
10-10-2005, 06:23
Quick question, what exactly constitutes a condition for fragility. Also, how is the damaged dealt.

It says it deals an extra # damage everytime a foe suffers or recovers from a condition. So if I cast phantom illusion that does damage each second, does fragility do damage each second, or only after the initial cast and final recovery?

Buffalo Chip
10-10-2005, 06:28
Everytime you get a condition, Fragility does damage to you and when it recovers, Fragility does damage again.

Findariel
10-10-2005, 07:19
Keep in mind: a hex is NOT a condition!!! So conjure phantasm doesn't trigger fragility.

Mesmers can't cause conditions, except using Phantom Pain, which inflicts a deep wound after 10 secs. Oh and blindness is a condition, too, but most fragility builds didn't use Ineptitude for that because it's an elite and prevented the use of Virulence.

That's why a particular Me/N build was popular that used Virulence (E). Enfeeble (curses) causes weakness, cast virulence (death magic), which adds disease and poison.
With death magic at 0, it ends after 3 seconds, with curses at 0 weakness caused by Enfeeble wears off after 5 seconds. That means that within those 5 seconds, Fragility is triggered SIX times! Rinse and repeat ...

Option: add in Soul Barbs: For the next 30..30 seconds, target enemy suffers 15..27 damage when an Enchantment or Hex is cast on that target.

This build is nerfed a lot after the last update though. Recharge of enfeeble is still 5 seconds, but Virulence had a recharge of 10 which is now 15 and Fragility did more damage.

Tsume
10-10-2005, 09:37
Quick question, what exactly constitutes a condition for fragility. Also, how is the damaged dealt.

It says it deals an extra # damage everytime a foe suffers or recovers from a condition. So if I cast phantom illusion that does damage each second, does fragility do damage each second, or only after the initial cast and final recovery?

Hi dinycitis! Welcome to the forums.

You can find a listing of all conditions and what they do here:

Conditions Guide (http://www.gwonline.net/page.php?p=79)

As for how Fragility works, well it triggers any time the foe suffers from a new condition, or recovers from one. I have never build a true fragility spiker as I detest FoTM builds so I will have to let someone else say whther or not a mend ailment constitutes as a lifting of a condition. I don't believe it does (from my healing experience).

Nobleman Azure
10-10-2005, 15:18
mend ailment would trigger fragility. Fragility will trigger when the condition is applied and either premature ending or duration ending of the applied condition.

Saela
10-10-2005, 17:30
My frag build actually used phantom pain, and then shatter delusions, to get the first condition, more energy, but the extra damage and loss of max health caused by deep wound where worth it, killed most things in one...sadly...the build now seems to deal only 1/4 of what it used to, which is sad, as it was a viable pve build as well